Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+5
Innocent Bystander
wootontommy
rangerider
paulstreet
Big Lundy
9 posters

Bradford Park Avenue

Big Lundy

Bradford Park Avenue Empty Bradford Park Avenue

Post by Big Lundy Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:23 pm

Chib on fire for “The Avenue” & it looks like they will still be bringing a few with them on Monday like they did last season!!!!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Bradford Park Avenue Empty Re: Bradford Park Avenue

Post by paulstreet Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:54 pm

Chin will have a point to prove. As will Walshaw! Watch out on Monday!
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:18 pm

So will Joe Colbeck along with the rest of our squad
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:15 pm

With Paul Clayton ,Jack Emmett out and now Danny Ellis(calf) very doubtful as well.Big,big loss?
    Still should be a great game to watch,with BPA IMO in a false position league wise, going to be hard but with the quality Town have... we still should be OK.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:18 pm

Danny Ellis would be a great loss been brilliant so far this season Sad
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:13 pm

McGurk absolutely superb today, I hope Luke Shiels backs up ok in time for Solihull on Saturday
    Brendon Daniels doesn't score tap-ins does he? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    Still worried about our midfield and an inability to keep possession
    wootontommy

Post by wootontommy Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:57 pm

Two great goals and again a monster performance from the back four, and. although Brendan was a deserved mom, I think that one unsung hero week in and week out is Lewis Turner. Today he battled right until the end and gave his all. Thought Clayton was very quiet today, but probably would be if he was nursing an injury. Why don't we look after our players a bit more when they are obviously not fit? Give someone else a go -we have a good, solid squad who I'm sure would rise to the challenge if they were given a starting place.I also agree with Innocent Bystander and have already voiced my opinions about Nyoni. Today he did a reasonable job of holding their play up, even if eventually he lost,the ball, but neither midfielders showed much attacking vision either
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:10 pm

Agree with IB - David was outstanding - with respect to midfield I felt we missed PT today and whilst Cesc may ocassionally lose possession he also made a number of decisive tackles - one particular block that was goal bound. Lewis Turner - quite simply outstanding and Brendan knows where the goal is, has great feet and is an exceptional TEAM player. On to Solihull for the next tough assignment with further injuries to Luke Shiels
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:48 pm

I've booked my hotel in Solihull on Friday night en route back to Eton for the new school year!
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:04 pm

Also thought Chib had a solid game. Nice guy and wish him all the best but reckon he will be totally knackered by Xmas!!
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:07 pm

Not at our best yet,still managed to get all 3 points.Thought 2or 3 players not firing on all cylinders.
    Very impressed with McGurk.
    Agree about Lewis always gives 100%.. Top, top Right back.
    Brendan's goals, well the first one was one of the best strikes iv'e ever seen...Exocet missile springs to mind..

TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:29 pm

Sign of a good team that wins when not at its best. Down at HT, looked like a long road back but a couple of moments of quality and tenacity at the back and 3 points. Massive game next week.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:27 am

What a first goal from Daniels it reminded me of that Roberto Carlos goaL it seemed to change direction in flight, best goal i have seEn at the GNG since Woody's goal against Alty a few seasons back

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:32 am

I was tempted to call this game Brendon Daniels 2 BPA 1, but that would be unfair on the defence who were superb, as usual. Absolutely agree about Turner, he deserves all the praise he is getting. Deserves to win MOM sometime. But to be honest, Joe Colbeck's free kick aside, not sure anybody else looked like scoring.. Can't really rely on Brendon to keep scoring 'goal of the season' every other game. Platt was a major disappointment, to be honest I forgot most of the time he was playing.

Hard to understand why BPA are bottom, they played us off the field in the first half, some lovely passing football, and Chib always looked dangerous. But, lets face it, last season we would have lost that game, so the determination of this bunch of players is, in my view, unequalled during Simon's reign. He has, let us hope, found the right ingredients: good players who will give their all for the club. And lets not forget it was Simon who actually chose these players: Daniels, Ellis, Thirlwell, Colbeck etc. The test will come when we lose a couple of games on the spin (bound to happen), how will these lads react?

Still, genuinely second in the league (being top did not really count), is incredible, and we have those points in the bag. I'll be on holiday in the Welsh borders next Saturday, but my 'soul' will be at Solihull!
    wetherby58

Post by wetherby58 Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:45 pm

Really good game of football to watch. BPA deserved their lead at halftime however town got stuck in after the break and two excellent goals did the trick. A lot of effort by everyone and a class performance by our defence.
    Couldn't understand why we didn't get into the ribs of BPA no. 5 and 6 as they had been yellow carded by the 60th minute. Oh and thanks to the 2 BPA fans stood behind me in the Wetherby road stand talking almost none stop about their last game against North Ferriby and Yorkshire cricket !! ffs ! Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:22 pm