Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+15
kpgduras
nztownfan
Town Lishke
Big Lundy
rangerider
ultimate warrior
paulstreet
GARAGE
TheNeil29
Chips97
j2021
yorkiebar
sulphurite
Mike of Wetherby
thetallaccountant
19 posters

Retained List / Areas to Improve

TheNeil29

Retained List / Areas to Improve - Page 3 Empty Re: Retained List / Areas to Improve

Post by TheNeil29 Fri May 08, 2015 9:29 am

So far, we have the following out:

Walshaw
    Nowakowski

Wonder when the club will officially release the list?

Retained List / Areas to Improve - Page 3 Empty Re: Retained List / Areas to Improve

Post by Guest Fri May 08, 2015 11:27 am

TheNeil29 wrote:So far, we have the following out:

Walshaw
    Nowakowski

Wonder when the club will officially release the list?

You can add Meynell to that list going off his Twitter.

List to be released either today or early next week I believe.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri May 08, 2015 12:17 pm

Rhys isnt a massive loss to be honest. He showed a lot of promise at first, but he fell away, just like a number of the big money signings. Lewis Turner is a better option. Just hope we have retained him.

Post by Guest Fri May 08, 2015 12:35 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Rhys isnt a massive loss to be honest. He showed a lot of promise at first, but he fell away, just like a number of the big money signings. Lewis Turner is a better option. Just hope we have retained him.

I would be very shocked and suprised if we didn't and agree, he is a better option.

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed May 20, 2015 5:28 pm

Well, we've resigned Beesley according to Twitter. Not the prolific striker I had in mind. Mid table awaits.

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2015 5:36 pm

Back up I would imagine.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed May 20, 2015 5:41 pm

Not showing much ambition so far. Walshaw out, Beesley in? Not impressed.
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Wed May 20, 2015 8:22 pm

i bet the rest of the league are quaking in their boots at this news Evil or Very Mad i would hold buying those season tickets guys things don't look good if thats the best we can do
    Town Lishke
    Town Lishke

Post by Town Lishke Wed May 20, 2015 8:27 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Well, we've resigned Beesley according to Twitter. Not the prolific striker I had in mind. Mid table awaits.
    Wasn't slicker's argument for staying behind Irving that if we keep throwing money at it eventually we'll go up? Well it seems like we're now scaling back our ambitions on that front, in fact Weaver said in the paper last week that the budget would be more modest. So I ask you all - really what is the point in allowing these jokers to carry on?
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Wed May 20, 2015 8:49 pm

Words fail me Sad
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Thu May 21, 2015 10:26 am

Welcome back Bees, good addition to the squad. Should never have been allowed to leave. Will get his share of the goals & always gives 100%.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Thu May 21, 2015 5:02 pm

Review of last season & outlook for next season

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

13 min 40 sec in!
    yorkiebar

Post by yorkiebar Thu May 21, 2015 8:01 pm

top ten, simons ambition next season, best of luck Basketball Basketball Basketball
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Thu May 21, 2015 8:20 pm

So after 5 years Simon is looking at finishing in the top ten of this league and having a nice pitch to play on is he taking the piss? but as long as we can sing our jolly songs in the new stands while getting our arse kicked by BPA (again) i suppose it won't matter to the faithfull
    Town Lishke
    Town Lishke

Post by Town Lishke Thu May 21, 2015 9:53 pm

This club gets more and more surreal. If our aim is top 10 then what's the point? On yer bike Simon. I can't believe so many are happy to be taken for a ride.

Oh and last season we were aiming for a playoff spot and finished 15th. Probably not a good idea to aim lower.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu May 21, 2015 10:39 pm

I think that's probably a pre-determined ploy to say that, because if we finish higher than 10th, he will then take credit for 'overachieving' as such.

The fact that we release Walshaw and sign Beesley tells me a lot about the clubs ambition for the season ahead on the pitch.

If they are to get more than the hardcore faithful on side, they need to make a real statement signing, maybe 2.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed May 27, 2015 12:05 pm

Been away for a few days, should have stayed! Got back expecting a few 'tasty' signings, and what do we get...Paul Beesley! No disrespect to the lad, good honest tryer, but really. The scaling back of ambition seems very obvious. The fact that the manager of a team with a multi millionaire owner can tell us that a top 10 finish is the aim next season is really depressing. I have actually just returned from an unsuccessful attempt to renew my Season Ticket, but the place locked up like a morgue. I might hold on a few days... This looks like it is going to be a miserable close season. Tadcaster Albion anyone? Now there is a team with ambitious owners who are expecting promotion from their new manager...or else.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu May 28, 2015 5:15 pm

Paul Thirlwell has signed from Carlisle. 36 years old. Played at a very high standard. Not sure what to make of this signing, but it will be good to have an experienced head to guide the young players.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Thu May 28, 2015 8:35 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Paul Thirlwell has signed from Carlisle. 36 years old. Played at a very high standard. Not sure what to make of this signing, but it will be good to have an experienced head to guide the young players.

Surely hes here to play acasionally and look after the accadamy side
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Thu May 28, 2015 11:50 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Paul Thirlwell has signed from Carlisle. 36 years old. Played at a very high standard. Not sure what to make of this signing, but it will be good to have an experienced head to guide the young players.

I have met him in the past, he is a nice guy off the pitch and I think he will probably be coaching in the academy as previously stated. No idea what he brings to Harrogate now at his age though. But I remember I was gutted when he left Sunderland back in the day.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat May 30, 2015 10:25 am

Could be a useful signing. Presumably from his perspective he is looking towards his post playing days and wanting to move into coaching etc. and could start with one of our teams, like Matt Heath did. Hope he gets some playing time as well. I think that makes 17 now signed up, only really need two or three more: a reserve keeper (but good enough to put pressure on Crook), another striker, perhaps another back four player.
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Sat May 30, 2015 6:27 pm

Would be nice to think there'll be something spectacular as regards a striker but at the moment it doesn't feel as though that's likely to happen.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sat May 30, 2015 9:04 pm

Yep, its looking very mid-table at the moment.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun May 31, 2015 6:35 pm

Is it ever. We release Walshaw and replace him with Beesley. We release Nowakowski, who is a 20+ yr old versatile player coming into the prime of his career and sign Thirlwell, a 36 yr old Midfielder at the end of his career.

Nice one so far Simon. No ambition. Mid-table awaits.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:08 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anyone know much about this guy?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:29 pm