Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

Kerry and Meynell want out on loan?

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Kerry and Meynell want out on loan? Empty Kerry and Meynell want out on loan?

Post by paulstreet Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:26 pm

Rather quiet on here after all the excitement of the last few weeks. According to the Advertiser Sportsdesk these two want to go on loan. Looks as though they know the 'youth project' is here to stay. Thoughts? Meynell, I thought, was steady, couldn't really fault him, but Swain looked exciting last week, so will probably struggle to get back in. Indictment, I feel, of the Weaver regime that one of the best midfielders in our league (Kerry) wants out before the end of the season. Shades of Anton Brown and Adam Bolder and probably about 10 other quality midfielders we have come and gone under the Weaver regime. Lot for Nyoni and Gascoigne to live up to!
    TheNeil29

Kerry and Meynell want out on loan? Empty Re: Kerry and Meynell want out on loan?

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:58 pm

It is obvious that the big players/big money situation has not worked out for him. And it was very telling against Boston that the younger players were more open to his guidance and instructions, and probably hold a higher level of respect for him that other members of the squad.

If I was to make an educated guess....due to the disastrous season so far, I cant see Irving funding any more big signings, and also I can see Irving wanting to cut the wage bill down due to the squad size.

With these 2, I reckon that they will have now realised that Simon isnt going to take the club anywhere, and that they would be better served being managed by someone with more managerial ability.

If the youngsters get a positive result this weekend, I can see the axe being swung with some of the bigger earners.
    nobby99

Kerry and Meynell want out on loan? Empty Re: Kerry and Meynell want out on loan?

Post by nobby99 Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:40 pm

We all know where the axe needs to fall and it isn't any of the players.  Some of these high profile names haven't become bad players overnight. Badly managed and demotivated, they are probably just waiting for next season and another club.  Can't believe Walshaw has put up with being on the bench, unless he's injured. Given that SW isn't going anywhere, best to go with youth who will just do as they're told and not know better.  A mixture of  experience and youth would of course be the ideal.

Having said that I think we're drawing too many conclusions from last weekends match, good though the result was. SW will probably draw conclusions and pick the same side for the rest of the season whatever the results - he's got 'knee jerk reactions' like that...
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:34 am

Certainly a big test for the youngsters today, going to be fascinating to see how it goes. I agree with Neil's analysis of the situation, the signings in the summer will be interesting...no more big names I expect, but youngsters with potential. Wonder if they will revise the full time project mooted a couple of years ago?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:25 am

nobby99 wrote:We all know where the axe needs to fall and it isn't any of the players.  Some of these high profile names haven't become bad players overnight. Badly managed and demotivated, they are probably just waiting for next season and another club.  Can't believe Walshaw has put up with being on the bench, unless he's injured. Given that SW isn't going anywhere, best to go with youth who will just do as they're told and not know better.  A mixture of  experience and youth would of course be the ideal.

Having said that I think we're drawing too many conclusions from last weekends match, good though the result was. SW will probably draw conclusions and pick the same side for the rest of the season whatever the results - he's got 'knee jerk reactions' like that...

If I was on the money Walshaw is on, I wouldnt mind being sat on the bench, but in his case, he knows he will be signed for next season elsewhere, probably on the same money. But in my opinion, he has to be the first name on the teamsheet. I would have him over Clayton anyday of the week (at least Walshaw scores.....)

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:29 am

paulstreet wrote:Certainly a big test for the youngsters today, going to be fascinating to see how it goes. I agree with Neil's analysis of the situation, the signings in the summer will be interesting...no more big names I expect, but youngsters with potential. Wonder if they will revise the full time project mooted a couple of years ago?

It would be an interesting proposition. I can see the theory with the model, for example if a player was on £500 quid a week Part Time, it could account for 2 youngsters with promise on £250 a week, Full Time (even less for some players)

Will Simon and Irving implement it? That is the question. If I was Simon and Irving, the full time model would be a serious consideration. I think that it would be worth a serious conversation really.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:09 pm

I think this is right. I assume that Simon is already full time (what does he do all day?), so morning training every day wouldn't be a problem. I hope the 'powers that be' are thinking about this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:27 am