Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

Lloyd Kerry Joins Town

nztownfan
    nztownfan

Lloyd Kerry Joins Town Empty Lloyd Kerry Joins Town

Post by nztownfan Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:20 am

This morning town signed CM Lloyd Kerry... massive signing in my opinion!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kerry was a free agent however had previously been at Tamworth of the conference but after they were relegated he left the club (I assume they had to reduce their wage budget) last season he was the fans player of the year and very much a fans favorite.

In his time at Tamworth he played 58 games and scored just 3 goals, so it is unlikely that he will be that supply line we have all be talking about (although you never know.)

I checked out there forum and there was some interesting comments:

I would only keep Duane Courtney and Lloyd Kerry if it is possible, might be doing others an injustice, but they are the only ones who have impressed me this season

That quote was taken the day they were relegated. For me that's interesting because at that time fans are normally extremely reactionary and they want rid of everyone and yet he was clearly still rated by the fans.

And a few more by their fans just wishing him to stay (there were loads so I selected just a few)

VASE1989 wrote:No great shakes from what I saw, let's get younger fresher players in. I'll be far more concerned if Lloyd kerry leaves heel be sorely missed especially in the conference North due to the physical nature of the league.

Pricey2 wrote:if only we could get Lloyd Kerry to commit, we would have a very strong team next season!!

Wilnecote1 wrote:and the superb all season Lloyd Kerry.

For me he seems to be the DM for a 4-3-3 formation and if so he appears to be a very good signing by Mr Weaver as he clearly played very well in the conference... although having said that so did Anton Brown and he ended up being very average for us. Never the less welcome to Town Lloyd!!

Last edited by nztownfan on Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lloyd Kerry Joins Town Empty Re: Lloyd Kerry Joins Town

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:18 pm

Very exciting signing. Some great comments from the Tamworth fans and hopefully become a fans favourite at the CNG too. Just need a RB, another CM and possibly CF and we are good to go.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:38 pm

Great work NZTownFan -those reviews say everything, sounds like just the sort of player we need in midfield.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He is number 7 for Hinkley (Red shirts) and sets up the first and scores an exquisite second.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:43 pm

Yes, looks like a good signing, we have 14 signed up now, so need at least 4 more, probably 5. A right back, 2 more midfielders, another winger/forward perhaps.

No doubt we shall see numerous trialists in the coming weeks (25 days to go!). Wonder if Michael Woods will come back and try and win a contract? Would people like to see him back? I think I would.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:49 pm

paulstreet wrote:Yes, looks like a good signing, we have 14 signed up now, so need at least 4 more, probably 5. A right back, 2 more midfielders, another winger/forward perhaps.

No doubt we shall see numerous trialists in the coming weeks (25 days to go!).  Wonder if Michael Woods will come back and try and win a contract?  Would people like to see him back?  I think I would.

Yes Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:43 am