Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

2 posters

Tamworth and beyond

Yorkshire Yankee

Tamworth and beyond Empty Tamworth and beyond

Post by Yorkshire Yankee Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:11 pm

While the Tamworth display was not near as embarrassing as the week previous against Manchester. It definetly provided little in the way of Christmas Cheer, let alone hope for the future. A few quick thoughts, and then I will move on:

- during the first period, there must have been a 20 minute period when Simon Lenighan did not touch the ball. Simon did wake up in the second half....and then was sub'ed.
    - poor Mr. Shiels knew he was on a football pitch. After that, he had no clue where on the pitch he was supposed to be.
    - as usual, Lloyd and Nelly had lots of hustle-n-bustle. Just not with each other, or anyone else in the mid-field.
    - half way through the SECOND PERIOD three passes were strung together between the mid-field.

Before each game, Simon runs the back four through there warm ups. Why does he not try something with the midfield. Something like:
    - provide name tages, so they are introduced to each other.
    - have a little tea party, so they can share their likes and dis-likes.
    - discuss what they are supposed to do as a SINGLE UNIT, to protect the back four.
    - discuss what they are supposed to do as a SINGLE UNIT, to move the ball forward to create scoring options for the front line.
    I would like to think this is all done during mid-week practice. But, for what ever reason it does not show up on the pitch on game day. The lack of a unified mid-field has been a constant during the last few years.

Finally, since I am picking at the scab. I have made up a new metric for my last mini rant. Barnes' 'shot-anticipation' to 'shot re-action' time is not been very impressive. There appears to be to many times, when a shot seems to take him completely by surprise - instead of anticapting a shot will be taken, and then being prepared to react. I am not sure how many of the goals could/should have been saved this season.... but, at our level, some of those shots should have been saved. It is time to give Mr. Crook a run.

I will say this, unlike the last few years, I feel the players we have care. And, most of the time put an honest effort on the pitch. But, the effort is not constructive, let alone productive. I miss the next two games due to work, but will see you all on New Years Day. Hopefully I will be missing the big turn around we are all hoping for. Happy Christmas!!!!!

yorkiebar

Tamworth and beyond Empty Re: Tamworth and beyond

Post by yorkiebar Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:22 am

Yorkshire Yankee wrote:While the Tamworth display was not near as embarrassing as the week previous against Manchester. It definetly provided little in the way of Christmas Cheer, let alone hope for the future. A few quick thoughts, and then I will move on:

- during the first period, there must have been a 20 minute period when Simon Lenighan did not touch the ball. Simon did wake up in the second half....and then was sub'ed.
    - poor Mr. Shiels knew he was on a football pitch. After that, he had no clue where on the pitch he was supposed to be.
    - as usual, Lloyd and Nelly had lots of hustle-n-bustle. Just not with each other, or anyone else in the mid-field.
    - half way through the SECOND PERIOD three passes were strung together between the mid-field.

Before each game, Simon runs the back four through there warm ups. Why does he not try something with the midfield. Something like:
    - provide name tages, so they are introduced to each other.
    - have a little tea party, so they can share their likes and dis-likes.
    - discuss what they are supposed to do as a SINGLE UNIT, to protect the back four.
    - discuss what they are supposed to do as a SINGLE UNIT, to move the ball forward to create scoring options for the front line.
      I would like to think this is all done during mid-week practice. But, for what ever reason it does not show up on the pitch on game day. The lack of a unified mid-field has been a constant during the last few years.

Finally, since I am picking at the scab. I have made up a new metric for my last mini rant. Barnes' 'shot-anticipation' to 'shot re-action'  time is not been very impressive. There appears to be to many times, when a shot seems to take him completely by surprise - instead of anticapting a shot will be taken, and then being prepared to react. I am not sure how many of the goals could/should have been saved this season.... but, at our level, some of those shots should have been saved. It is time to give Mr. Crook a run.

I will say this, unlike the last few years, I feel the players we have care. And, most of the time put an honest effort on the pitch. But, the effort is not constructive, let alone productive. I miss the next two games due to work, but will see you all on New Years Day. Hopefully I will be missing the big turn around we are all hoping for.   Happy Christmas!!!!!

happy xmas to you as well, your post is spot on, especialy concerning the keeper,  santa have a good one  santa

Post by Guest Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:45 am

If work is menwith hill up yours. If it isn't merry Xmas Yorkie Yankee

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:19 pm