Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Tamworth Thread 09-09-14

Innocent Bystander

Tamworth Thread 09-09-14 Empty Tamworth Thread 09-09-14

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:01 pm

Tamworth have signed three players from troubled Hereford United
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Looks like Tamworth's midfield might not make the journey to Harrogate!

Tamworth Thread 09-09-14 Empty Re: Tamworth Thread 09-09-14

Post by Guest Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:14 am

Big BIG game to open the season with, a real test, and fantastic being a home game to boost the lads. I hope we can get to see some goals, it will be a marker for the season ahead, and although just one game, with the quality of the teams around us like Barrow, NFU, Hednesford, Boston, Guiseley etc every point is vital from the off.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:33 pm

Weather forecast good for tomorrow .... as I type this ... thunder and lightening hitting Harrogate!
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:42 am

hmm, should be a good test... we need to start well. Hopefully Ryan Kendall is a little more fit then the last time I saw him (Railway) and we put on a good show to get fans to come back!

Post by Guest Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:03 pm

Brilliant battle and well tested, I love the constant attacks and the goals will come!
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:29 pm

Craig what planet are you on.
    Simon got it all wrong.
    It was not working till Swain came on . He should have started the game . How well does anyone need to play in the friendlies to get in the team.
    Larkin obviously not match fit
    A few goalmouth scrambles does not make a brilliant game - it was not a good performance

Post by Guest Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:56 pm

Disagree with you there GARAGE - thought that we played well and only a couple of great saves meant we did not end up with three points.

Felt the Larkin sub was an odd one.....what not bring a match fit Swain on?

Bit concerned about the amount of times the ball was hoofed in the air however, it is early days and for me, far more positives than negatives.

I thought the back four were immense, especially McGurk.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:53 pm

For me I can see why people would be frustrated. We've talked a lot about getting a team that can take chances and yesterday despite having at least 4 glorious chances we didn't take one. However, that said, I was relatively pleased. Back four looked immense, McGurk and Turner as additions are very impressive. Lenighan battled hard and looked much better than preseason, Kerry is absolute quality- what a signing.

Tamworth only just got relegated last season and are one of the faves and we made them look average, if they really are that good then we look like we are in a healthy position. If Worsfold / Speight / Kendall had been playing 2nd half you'd have thought we'd have taken a chance and won. Their keeper pulled off 3 excellent saves.

I think the formation worked okay, yes for the purists it is quite direct, and I was concerned that in the last 15 we just got a bit desperate and played hoofball, but overall if they are a top 5 team then you'd have to say that we are going to have a decent season at home- we were much the better team throughout.

What concerns me is how will this formation stack up away from home. Teams will look to exploit our flanks. BPA and the Horsfall will be a good test, a wide pitch, Chuckle and son have been watching us. We shall see if Weaver flexes his tactics to match, or if we are sticking to this formation.

Incidentally when we finished 6th a couple of years ago the 4-1-2-1-2 was his tactic of choice and it worked relatively well.

I really hope that it goes well on Mon as it is as tough a start as we could have ever have hoped for. If we can hang in there first 5 you'd think as people gel more, speight et al come back, we are only going to get stronger and stronger.

COME ON TOWN

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:20 am