Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
gedmaloney
j2021
TheNeil29
YoungStato123
8 posters

Match Thread: FC United of Manchester v Harrogate Town

YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Match Thread: FC United of Manchester v Harrogate Town Empty Match Thread: FC United of Manchester v Harrogate Town

Post by YoungStato123 Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:33 pm

Good Luck town!
    No Curtis tommorow as its his fight tommorow and a few injuries according to weaver in the advertiser could make him hand a debut to a "bulgarian wizkid".
    You can listen to tommorows game via FCUM Website then click FCUM Radio then click listen and they will have radio coverage.
    £3,000 goes to the winner of this tie.
    Ill go with 2-2 replay to be at the CNG.
    TheNeil29

Match Thread: FC United of Manchester v Harrogate Town Empty Re: Match Thread: FC United of Manchester v Harrogate Town

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:26 pm

I will go for 2-1 FC United. I just think the fans and the atmosphere will prove a bit too much for Town.
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Match Thread: FC United of Manchester v Harrogate Town Empty Re: Match Thread: FC United of Manchester v Harrogate Town

Post by YoungStato123 Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:58 pm

Town get there first away win of the season Very Happy
    Great Coverage from FCUM Website.
    Won 3-2
    Craig James
    Dan Broadbent
    Adam Nowkowski
    with the goals Very Happy
    Yes TOWN!!!!!!!!
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:54 pm

Just got back from the game ! great performance from every single player out there !!!!!! At the start of thr game we really did look a class apart and we deserved the 2 early goals! IT WAS COLEMAN NOT BROADBENT THAT SCORED THE SECOND!!!!!!! An absolute beauty a stunning chip from 20 yards from the left hand side. we scored the 1st goal from a corner a good header from james at the back post. There keeper was shokking all game his kicking and distribution was awful and that was to prove the problem as the 3rd goal the keeper recieved a pass back and he messed arounf the ball adam nipped in and slotted into an empty net. Keeper made a great save from the penalty and looked like he did a good job the whole game. Nice to see Weaver send all the players towards the fans at the end of the game nd weaver looked extremely happy and was applauding the crowd for their great support. gotta say weaver has done very well the last few weeks KEEP IT UP SIMON!!!!!! SIMON WEAVERS BAARMY AARMMY!!!!!!!!!!
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:19 pm

Lets not get carried away.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:24 pm

im not !!!! Just saying it was a great performance 2day and i hope we can carry it into the next game Smile
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:47 pm

Great day out - 1st class set up - local pub Swan and Cemetery (could this have been a bad omen?) laid on free food + good beer - best programme to date - Kauto Star gets up on the line to win by a nose at Haydock and we go 2 up after 25 minutes - must be something to do with global warming:D

However, the last 15 minutes were frightening and brought back memeories of John Wayne at the Alamo - gave away possession too easily and United could quite easily have equalised which would have been grossly unfair but thats football.

All needs to be viewed against the fact that we were missing Brian(injured), Kieron (cup tied), Curtis (boxing) plus Olly injured after 15 minutes (hope he is ok - looked like concussion but he is not having much in the way of luck at the moment)Sad

So all things considered a damn good result and pleased to see Hinckley drew as this means no game Tuesday and a chance for the lads to recover - they need it.
    Great goal from Rory, Great penalty save from Aaron and lots of hard work from everyone else - including the supporters!!!!! And well done to Simon for passing on the Steve McLaren umbrella routine - ended up soaked but looked happy - and rightly so.
    Looking forward to a home game - can soemone post directions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:56 am

Agree with all of that. What a great day! First 55 minutes I thought I was in dreamland, despite their mistakes Town were excellent and plainly 'up for it', thought our travelling fans (why not more? a few familiar faces missing) were fantastic, even I sang a bit (very quietly mind you!). We are sure going to miss Rory Coleman: is that 4 'wonder' goals he has scored for us now? Most players would be happy with one of those per season. We should actually have been 4-0 up before they got their first: someone miskicked at an open goal. Iguess a neutral would say that we were lucky to survive at the end, but, hey, I'm not a neutral! Great to see Simon (I'm back to first name terms now!) getting the players to salute the brave 40/50 who really made the journey: means a lot to the fans.

Now all we need (please,please, please) is a HOME draw: another away draw and I will start believing in sinister anti-Harrogate Town conspiracies by the FA!
    Prize money pretty useful as well: £3000 plus (I believe0 half the gate money.

Memo to Simon and the players: I'm n tablets for my blood pressure, don't put me through another last 10 minutes like that again please!

As someone said at 4.50 pm Saturday when the ref finally blew his whistle: 'get in there'!
    wall of noise

Post by wall of noise Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:05 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:I will go for 2-1 FC United. I just think the fans and the atmosphere will prove a bit too much for Town.

Another ten minutes and maybe that would have been the case ! However, well done you guys for a performance which belied your league position. The first goal was very well - taken, and the second produced spontaneous applause from all our fans. Deservedly so - it was worth the admission money on its own. Unfortunately our keeper - who regularly saves us when all seems lost - chose the day to have a bit of a mare. It happens - and it cost us the third. However, our crowd always produces a response from the players, although this time it wasn't quite enough. Overall a cracking game, especially for any neutrals who may have been about, with the result being in doubt right to the final whistle. Well done too to your players who applauded not just the HTFC fans but our fans also at the end. Great to see. Good luck in the next round from all at FC United. Smile
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:04 pm

paulstreet wrote:We are sure going to miss Rory Coleman: is that 4 'wonder' goals he has scored for us now? Most players would be happy with one of those per season. We should actually have been 4-0 up before they got their first: someone miskicked at an open goal. Iguess a neutral would say that we were lucky to survive at the end, but, hey, I'm not a neutral! Great to see Simon (I'm back to first name terms now!) getting the players to salute the brave 40/50 who really made the journey: means a lot to the fans.

Now all we need (please,please, please) is a HOME draw: another away draw and I will start believing in sinister anti-Harrogate Town conspiracies by the FA!
    Prize money pretty useful as well: £3000 plus (I believe0 half the gate money.

The club are trying to extend his loan.
    We are AWAY at Gateshead !!! (conspiracy theory still intact)
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:09 pm

From what was mentioned in a previous thread (that I couldnt find) Coleman was on loan, until further notice.

Im just assuming here that as Coleman has shown excellent form, and scored some cracking goals, that Scunthorpe want him back earlier than expected.
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:33 am

For those who dont check or even use the other forum, goals from Saturday can be found here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Great to see Coleman's goal again, what a class strike. Shame we cant do something like this, Im sure the board have bigger issues at the moment but in the long term think it's something we should consider, say if you pay a small fee to the website at the start of the yeat, and not putting the videos up until 24hours after the match as to not affect attendances too much.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:08 am

You should have seen the setup that FCUM radio had. The streaming wasnt bad, but it was bearable, and I got to watch the whole game online, and speak to some of the guys like HTFC Jonny and Sulphurite.

Your suggestion is a really good one, and it would be interesting to see, and i would pay a nominal charge, if they decided to do it.
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:02 pm

TheNeil29 im HTFC Jonny Smile
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:05 pm

At least I know now!! Lets hope we get a positive result against Ilkeston at the weekend!!! C'mon Town!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:10 pm