Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+13
ultimate warrior
Championship Manager
Town youth
Innocent Bystander
thetallaccountant
Gareth192001
CCOB
trevdee
pontifex532
yorkiebar
wetherby58
Townfan
Big Lundy
17 posters

Worcester City

Gareth192001

Worcester City - Page 2 Empty Re: Worcester City

Post by Gareth192001 Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:40 pm

The worst thing at the moment for me at Town is how personal its become with Garry Plank attacking fans the 'knee jerk reaction' and again over twitter to Ed White seems no freed of speech for our press. Anyone else notice the introduction the opposition got over the speaker wtf?????????
    thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

Post by thetallaccountant Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:22 pm

The exchange between Plant and White (and others) on Twitter is certainly interesting. Plant accuses White of being negative, but when you look at White's piece it is very reserved - most of it simply reports what Simon said at the end of the match in quotation marks - there is no opinion offered by White - he lets his readers form their own views.

The fact that Plant has reacted in this way shows the ultra-sensitive mindset that the club have to any criticism at the moment. I would encourage White to speak his mind as much as possible, as all good journalists should.

It is obvious that there is little pressure being put on Simon from within the club, White is reprimanded apparently for not towing the party line, and the promised fans' Q&A session has been withdrawn. It is no wonder that fans use the outlet that this forum provides to be so vociferous in their criticism.

"There's only one social media"

Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:52 pm

Very sad and rather alarming that Plant has a public go via Twitter at one of Town's most committed younger supporters - a season ticket holder and proud flag bearer -
    Town youth
    Town youth

Post by Town youth Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:26 pm

Just saw the Gary Plant rant and could only laugh! At this point in the season with squad we have we should be in and around the playoffs. The blame lies in one place and one place only the management! As for talking like that to fans WE WERE HERE BEFORE YOU AND WE WILL BE HERE AFTER YOU! And come on Ed White is doing his job!

Post by Guest Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:07 am

Great post TTA. (On phone and unable to quote)
    Championship Manager
    Championship Manager

Post by Championship Manager Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:37 am

Town youth wrote: At this point in the season with squad we have we should be in and around the playoffs.

Everyone within the club, owners/management/players/fans, know that should be the case but due to the way the club is run we will yoyo all season, expectations will be lowered and a mid table finish will be made to look good. I honestly wouldn't be surprised once Ash is back playing and if Speight starts chipping in with some goals to see Wally subject to an advance from one of the promotion chasing clubs and moved on, with the usual "we had to tell him of the approach" and "we couldn't stand in his way".
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:53 am

Then it will be NPL here we come
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:19 am

thetallaccountant wrote:The exchange between Plant and White (and others) on Twitter is certainly interesting. Plant accuses White of being negative, but when you look at White's piece it is very reserved - most of it simply reports what Simon said at the end of the match in quotation marks - there is no opinion offered by White - he lets his readers form their own views.

The fact that Plant has reacted in this way shows the ultra-sensitive mindset that the club have to any criticism at the moment. I would encourage White to speak his mind as much as possible, as all good journalists should.

It is obvious that there is little pressure being put on Simon from within the club, White is reprimanded apparently for not towing the party line, and the promised fans' Q&A session has been withdrawn. It is no wonder that fans use the outlet that this forum provides to be so vociferous in their criticism.

"There's only one social media"

This is a very good post TTA (worth a pint when I see you next!!)

The fans have every right to display their displeasure, because at the end of the day, the fans are the most powerful asset for any club. This club would be nothing without the fans that come through the gates.

There is only so much the club can do off the pitch, before it is expected to happen on the pitch. Under the current management, we wont achieve anything on the pitch. Period.

We have the squad to do it and the players know they can do much better, but they can only work with the tools they are given.

I can feel a new chant coming on..........

town supporter

Post by town supporter Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:14 pm

Most of the local media reporting is tame with no real insight or opinion offered so I’m not sure why plank is getting his knickers in a twist. He’d find the media in Leeds, York, etc, far more challenging and a lot less forgiving, which is part of the problem. At the last question and answer session, Billy Miller sat next to Ed White, I’m presuming as a favour to his mate Simon Weaver so he could keep a close check on what was being reported. A more experienced reporter wouldn’t have been so accommodating and would have asked some challenging questions of his own.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:42 pm

Out of interest I did actually e-mail Mr Plant, before the current 'winning spell', (now over) politely I should say, raising various issues, and got no response. I guess the club is so sensitive because they know that the one change everyone knows is needed (I suspect in his heart of hearts Irving knows this too), will not happen. So no criticism can be allowed, in case it reveals this obvious truth.

I can't recall who posted the comment, but I agree that if we do end up finishing, say, 12th this will be spun as a good season. You can just hear Simon's comments now: 'in view of all the injuries we had, I feel that 12th is an excellent final placing. We can build on that for next season'.

And so it goes on...
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:49 pm

I can't believe Plank has had a swipe at Ed there or at all to be honest. Ed has been very, very easy on the club. The only time I can recall him questioning Simon's tenure and whether it might even have a chance of coming to an end was when things hit rock bottom last season during that epic slump. I also remember that the paper was forced into an apology when they "apparently" speculated incorrectly on Chris Hall's wages when the strikers were all firing blanks. Was that Ed too? I can't remember. So if Plank is now lashing out at young, loyal supporters and a reporter who has been more than fair with the club then it's a sure sign of growing tension within the club.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 10:33 am