Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+13
ultimate warrior
Championship Manager
Town youth
Innocent Bystander
thetallaccountant
Gareth192001
CCOB
trevdee
pontifex532
yorkiebar
wetherby58
Townfan
Big Lundy
17 posters

Worcester City

Big Lundy

Worcester City Empty Worcester City

Post by Big Lundy Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    They might bring up a few more fans than last season!
    Townfan
    Townfan

Worcester City Empty Re: Worcester City

Post by Townfan Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:12 pm

A mini bus apparently.
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:13 pm

150 are heading for the CNG tomorrow apparently. Should make for a good atmosphere!

Post by Guest Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:34 pm

Abject. Mcdermott out.
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:48 pm

And he can take our useless manager and number 9 with him 20 goals a season my ar**e
    wetherby58

Post by wetherby58 Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:54 pm

Just got back from the game. Worcester a fine footballing side that controlled the game. Their keeper made some fine saves in the first half otherwise we could have been in front on 45 minutes. Then,unfortunately,the second half came. We were devoid of ideas,even though I thought our defence was pretty solid,the front line was non existant. Walshaw was our only peice of quality but was given no support and the worcester number 8 was having a field day in central defence.
    Speight ran around like a headless chicken and why Rowe was on the pitch was beyond me,he dosnt do anything unless he has the ball. We are very lightweight up front and on this showing we are going nowhere than middle bottom for the rest of the season. No doubt SW got it right so dad will be happy.
    Well I think thats my last £12 until the new year now,seen us 6 times this season and nowt will change. Worcester deserved their victory and we were always second best. Evil or Very Mad
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:13 pm

From start to finish Worcester played with more aggression, effort & determination than us, they simply wanted to win the game more than us.
    That starting midfield is not the midfield of a team with aspirations of finishing in the top half let alone the playoffs.
    Feel so sorry for the strikers, they are living off scraps.
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:14 pm

Strikers? we only have one

thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

Post by thetallaccountant Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:57 pm

Ugh. Average in the first half, poor in the second. The bottom half of the table makes for nervous reading - it's all quite tight, and the sides in third and fourth bottom have already turned us over.
    yorkiebar

Worcester City Empty BASICS

Post by yorkiebar Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:33 am

i think the manager should  if he has any( idea )no what is going wrong on the field ,  get back to basic FOOTBALL, play the game on the floor not 30 foot in the air. the keeper can,t have any confidence in the back four otherwise he would throw the ball out now and again, the midfield can,t pass a ball to save there lives ,and i wish i had a £1 for every time one of the players sticks his arm up and says sorry . as for the 20 goals this season , i dont think it will be with harrogate !!!
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:36 pm

thetallaccountant wrote:Ugh. Average in the first half, poor in the second. The bottom half of the table makes for nervous reading - it's all quite tight, and the sides in third and fourth bottom have already turned us over.
    Last season Irving said he considered 8th place would represent a successful season, I wonder what he thinks or thought would represent a success this year.
    pontifex532

Post by pontifex532 Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:53 pm

With this squad and this management can't see us finishing above 15th.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:06 pm

Now that we have a butcher at the ground I was half hoping we would be able to carve out a few more goals?  And we have a physio practice too - is it stretching too much to hope for a play off spot?  Maybe the answer is that the CNG has become the Sweeney Todd of the Vanarama North - a place where reputations are knifed to bits and where the management is as stiff and inflexible as my hamstrings after a coaching session?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:35 pm

I can't even be bothered to write any words about yesterday....my cba is similar to that of the players and management!
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:22 pm

Well said Brendan [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    What say you Simon?
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:04 pm

Only thing is Brendon Rogers will be gone before Simon, Liverpool owners will not stand for failure
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:26 am

Yeah, I think Brendan has to go to be honest. I just knew when he signed all those players, he would go the same way as AVB did at Tottenham. Did you also realise that Liverpool's form also turned when he had split up with his wife and shacked up with a younger piece of fluff?

If we drop 15-20 points off the champions league places, he will go.

His replacement will be Jurgen Klopp or Pep Guardiola. Guardiola isn't renewing his contract at Bayern and Klopp will leave Dortmund by mutual consent if there run of form carries on.

Anyway: Back onto Worcester - Didnt go, but very disappointed with the result. I have given up on this season. Simon is Patchetic, Macca is Pathetic. They both need sacking, and Irving needs to get a grip, get his head out of the sand and realise how much of a joke this club has become on the pitch. If he really cared about his investment, he would find alternative employment for Simon. However, the fact that he is putting up with the current situation shows that he does not give a **** about the performances on the pitch.

Irving: Get a ****** grip. Sack your son, and his gopher and get someone in who has a clue. For someone who is a successful businessman, the fact that you are willing to put up with the current management team is nothing short of a disgrace.

I absolutely refuse to blame the players. The buck stops with Simon. Period.

The most promising signings for me this season: Wally and the Physio.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:16 am

I can't agree with that. Sack a manager who's having a bad season and replace him with a manager who's having an equally bad season? I like Klopp a lot but that would be a poor illogical thing to do if you think about it. At the time I thought Rodgers was a terrible appointment but at 41 he's a very young manager and to sack him just 15 games or so after he demonstrated some real ability, totally flies in the face of everything Liverpool is about. Things are going badly wrong right now and he has made mistakes but at this stage he surely deserves the benefit of the doubt and the opportunity to try and put things right. To sack yet another manager so soon would just erode further away at "the Liverpool way" which has almost been whittled down to the bone the last 15 years. At the very least give the guy until the end of the season to see how things pan out, not just because of last season but because some of the circumstances are beyond his control. Liverpool did incredibly well last season but ultimately it was with a paper thin squad and whilst they've tried to beef it up over the summer the fact remains that Rodgers has essentially been deprived of two of it's chief components, Suarez and Sturridge and we're now seeing the difference. He also tried very hard once it was clear Suarez was off to Barcelona, to replace him with Sanchez which clearly would have made a considerable difference and even though Liverpool supposedly held the aces in that deal, Sanchez didn't want to come. What can you do? What's more it has become pretty obvious that Steven Gerrard is finished. He's not just way past his best which was papered over last season by what Liverpool did but he has now become a liability, making costly mistakes almost every week. The time has come for Liverpool and Gerrard to part ways and move forward. The longer Liverpool allow that situation to drag on the longer it will hold them back. And it has to be a clean break because of Gerrard's status at the club, anything less would just further complicate things. It was a similar situation with Carragher for whom the penny thankfully dropped and he retired. Also Liverpool's transfer policy has to change. Ironically Klopp and Rodgers problems have been brought about by the same things. Continuously selling your best players to clubs that you ultimately want to compete with and all this horse trading and taking moderately expensive punts in the hope of unearthing a gem or making further profits has to stop. Glen Johnson and Steven Gerrard alone are costing the club almost 300k a week. Quite simply that money could be much better spent. Incredibly Liverpool are offering them both new contracts (admittedly at much lower wages but still) Thankfully it looks like Johnson has said no. Liverpool need to sign some world class talent and then keep them at the club. Easier said than done I know but the bottom line is Liverpool now find themselves needing to replace Luis Suarez, Steven Gerrard and are in need of a top class centre half (or two) and a first rate goalkeeper. Now that's not all Rodger's fault. For Liverpool, changing the manager at this stage will not address a number of problems at the club but simply shift them onto another manager. Who is making some of these transfer calls? Clearly it's not always Rodgers but he seems to be carrying all of the flak for them.

The bit about his wife is incorrect by the way. He left her over a year ago. If anything his rediscovered sexual prowess had a positive influence on results! Either way it's just something that is being thrown at him because results have turned. Never saw anyone complaining about it when Liverpool were spanking everybody and I haven't seen any similar criticism of Jose Mourinho's extra marital activities.

Having said all of that, Rodgers position is clearly under acute pressure and if there are many more damning results and performances he will be gone. Now just imagine that for a second...a few months after leading Liverpool to their best league performance in 24 years the manager could be sacked. Meanwhile Simon Weaver just keeps on rolling...
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:00 pm

For anyone who can stomach it, here are the highlights from Saturday.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:20 pm

Jesus, the 3rd goal is comedy gold!
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:43 pm

truly shocking, their number 8 was the best player on the park, thats the kind of player we want some of ours are to lightweight big teams win big games
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:20 pm

Dark Knight wrote:I can't agree with that. Sack a manager who's having a bad season and replace him with a manager who's having an equally bad season? I like Klopp a lot but that would be a poor illogical thing to do if you think about it. At the time I thought Rodgers was a terrible appointment but at 41 he's a very young manager and to sack him just 15 games or so after he demonstrated some real ability, totally flies in the face of everything Liverpool is about. Things are going badly wrong right now and he has made mistakes but at this stage he surely deserves the benefit of the doubt and the opportunity to try and put things right. To sack yet another manager so soon would just erode further away at "the Liverpool way" which has almost been whittled down to the bone the last 15 years. At the very least give the guy until the end of the season to see how things pan out, not just because of last season but because some of the circumstances are beyond his control. Liverpool did incredibly well last season but ultimately it was with a paper thin squad and whilst they've tried to beef it up over the summer the fact remains that Rodgers has essentially been deprived of two of it's chief components, Suarez and Sturridge and we're now seeing the difference. He also tried very hard once it was clear Suarez was off to Barcelona, to replace him with Sanchez which clearly would have made a considerable difference and even though Liverpool supposedly held the aces in that deal, Sanchez didn't want to come. What can you do? What's more it has become pretty obvious that Steven Gerrard is finished. He's not just way past his best which was papered over last season by what Liverpool did but he has now become a liability, making costly mistakes almost every week. The time has come for Liverpool and Gerrard to part ways and move forward. The longer Liverpool allow that situation to drag on the longer it will hold them back. And it has to be a clean break because of Gerrard's status at the club, anything less would just further complicate things. It was a similar situation with Carragher for whom the penny thankfully dropped and he retired. Also Liverpool's transfer policy has to change. Ironically Klopp and Rodgers problems have been brought about by the same things. Continuously selling your best players to clubs that you ultimately want to compete with and all this horse trading and taking moderately expensive punts in the hope of unearthing a gem or making further profits has to stop. Glen Johnson and Steven Gerrard alone are costing the club almost 300k a week. Quite simply that money could be much better spent. Incredibly Liverpool are offering them both new contracts (admittedly at much lower wages but still) Thankfully it looks like Johnson has said no. Liverpool need to sign some world class talent and then keep them at the club. Easier said than done I know but the bottom line is Liverpool now find themselves needing to replace Luis Suarez, Steven Gerrard and are in need of a top class centre half (or two) and a first rate goalkeeper. Now that's not all Rodger's fault. For Liverpool, changing the manager at this stage will not address a number of problems at the club but simply shift them onto another manager. Who is making some of these transfer calls? Clearly it's not always Rodgers but he seems to be carrying all of the flak for them.

The bit about his wife is incorrect by the way. He left her over a year ago. If anything his rediscovered sexual prowess had a positive influence on results! Either way it's just something that is being thrown at him because results have turned. Never saw anyone complaining about it when Liverpool were spanking everybody and I haven't seen any similar criticism of Jose Mourinho's extra marital activities.

Having said all of that, Rodgers position is clearly under acute pressure and if there are many more damning results and performances he will be gone. Now just imagine that for a second...a few months after leading Liverpool to their best league performance in 24 years the manager could be sacked. Meanwhile Simon Weaver just keeps on rolling...

Yeah, thanks for all that by the way. The simple fact of the matter is that Brendan Rodgers is a victim of his own success last season.

He should have replaced Suarez with someone of similar class, but failed to do so (why, I do not know and probably never will. We had the money to replace him with someone of a similar class)

On the flip side, I can see Brendan's theory in signing all of these players, hoping that the creativity of these players will create more chances, and for some of these players to chip in with goals also, but it has not yet worked out, and the owners will be losing patience.  

I do believe that if as soon as the moment comes where it is mathmatically impossible or next to no probability of getting into the Champions League, Brendan will get the sack. Regardless of the 'Liverpool way'. For the amount of money he has spent, and now the quality he has at his disposal, we should be doing a lot better, regardless of player quality, wages, injuries...blah blah blah.

I do firmly believe that the new manager will be either Jurgen Klopp or Pep Guardiola, I am confident of that and they will probably be in place before the end of the season if Liverpool do not achieve their minimum goal (which was CL football again).

That is my views and opinions, but we will just have to agree to disagree on certain facets of the story DK.

Anyway: Simon Weaver just keeps on rolling because Daddy is in charge, that is the only reason period. However, there will come a point in time where Irving will wonder why we havent achieved much on the pitch and why we are still languiShing in the same league, still underachieving, considering the amount he has invested.

I have lost total confidence in the current management team now. A new broom is needed.
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:40 pm

If you think Simon's getting a hard time on here you (and with good reason) check these out

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:49 pm

I'm sure if we had a fanbase the size of Liverpool, Simon would have had the common sense to disappear a long, long time ago. And the forum would be a lot more colourful than current.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:12 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:
    He should have replaced Suarez with someone of similar class
    Nice plan but with one small draw back...there wasn't anyone who could match Suarez's class that was willing or available.
    TheNeil29 wrote:

I do firmly believe that the new manager will be either Jurgen Klopp or Pep Guardiola, I am confident of that and they will probably be in place before the end of the season if Liverpool do not achieve their minimum goal (which was CL football again).
    Hmmm, as desirable as those prospects might seem I'd rate the chance of either happening as extremely low because as much as they may come across as extremely good, worthy characters NONE of the top managers in the world work like that these days. They all expect a ready built platform in place, with plenty of funds to spare as a fail safe. Those guys will undoubtedly be thinking about how long they will have to wait for the City, Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Juve, PSG, Madrid, Barca jobs to come up again because 1) it won't be long before any or several of them do become available again and 2) they are the 2 guys first in line for those jobs. It's all about the career and CV to the best coaches, even Ancellotti has got in on the act since leaving Milan, and these guys are no different. Look at Mourinho's career moves...all about the timing with that guy. What's he like without a chequebook though? We'll never know. Guardiola could have had his pick, surprised most by choosing Bayern. Why? Because of what was already waiting in place for him. Do that for a few years and wait for the next big one. Easy really. I'd expect him to go to City or United next, where he knows he'll have the resources to mount a serious challenge. Liverpool only spent £100m this summer because they sold Suarez and qualified for the Champions League. If Borini had joined Sunderland like a good boy for the £14m fee that was agreed and Assaidi had buggered off like he should have to Stoke for £6m, Liverpool would have broke even over the summer! I doubt Klopp or Guardiola want to risk denting their reputation by taking a huge punt on a club that is already playing catch up and just doesn't have the clout in the transfer market. 18 months ago Ian Ayre screwed up every transfer he was involved with and ended up empty handed at the 11th hour and in the summer he just went bonkers and signed whatever he could. Guardiola and Klopp aren't gonna touch amateurism like that with a bargepole. Klopp clearly has an affection for Liverpool which was on display right in front of my very own eyes in august when he came over to do some autographs, he was loving every minute of Anfield and you could see him soaking it all in...but it means nothing really. To cut a long story short, the current crop of elite managers are basically nothing but a gang of sailors sleeping with the same bunch of prostitutes trying not to catch VD.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:16 pm