Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
TownUltra
rangerider
trevdee
Innocent Bystander
8 posters

Worcester City (Away)

Innocent Bystander

Worcester City (Away) Empty Worcester City (Away)

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:15 am

Good luck to the guys for this one! The form guide suggests a Town win (and a precious three points) but I wouldn't be too unhappy with a point - we have had some good results at St George's ground (I remember a famous Friday night 3-2 win and a couple of score draws) - but I am hoping the team relish the chance to play at Kidderminster Harriers (should be a good surface).

I'll be at Bootham Crescent for York v Oxford this afternoon (Oxford are top but didn't impress when I saw them play Newport County a couple of weeks ago). It will be hard to take my eyes off the twitter feed for the Town match!

Incidentally last week someone said that we got a bigger crowd than Accrington v Exeter! And there have been some super posts on the Town Facebook page - including this one

"I have to say, after going to see Harrogate Town this afternoon with my son or a special family day by the Club, I realise how important it is to support our local teams, I will be going back more often."

Building the fan base and the enthusiasm is a series of small steps - really pleased that the U18 £1 offer has been made for Boxing Day - hope the drainage does the job!

Merry Xmas everyone

Worcester City (Away) Empty Re: Worcester City (Away)

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:37 pm

Really big game today, especially with Guiseley playing Altrincham and Telford playing Brackley.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:39 pm

can listen to it here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:04 pm

TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:43 pm

Not ideal.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:34 pm

After the Lord Mayors Show comes the muck cart, can't beat a bum team like that  Mad only won 3 games before today, a team of nobodys one step forwards and two steps back for us
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:54 pm

can't win them all i guess.....seemed like we threw everything plus the kitchen at them but it was just one of those days....9 points from the next 3 is a must!
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:31 pm

rangerider wrote:After the Lord Mayors Show comes the muck cart, can't beat a bum team like that  Mad only won 3 games before today, a team of nobodys one step forwards  and two steps back for us
    Yes it's so frustrating because on the one hand I could point to yesterday and say this is exactly what I've been talking about, predictable, told you so etc etc blah blah but the truth is I really don't want to do that because what we have done better of late is bounce back from bad results. Hopefully yesterday hasn't damaged our momentum or dampened the current mood of optimism and we pick ourselves straight back up again on Boxing day.

And yet despite everything, despite all the ups and downs, despite that horrid slump, when all is said and done, all that still separates us from being top is an admin error and not having a goalie on the bench at Stalybridge. Imagine if that was the difference come the end of the season. I wonder if people might then change their attitude towards at least having an academy goalkeeper on the bench.

Can we put another run together? If we do we can still get top spot. Never thought I'd be saying that a few weeks ago
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:04 am

When it comes to the result, it was just one of those days. I'm not looking into it too much, and neither should anyone else in all honesty. They had 1 shot, scored one goal, and pretty much sat in their half, apart from the odd counter attack, which i'm led to believe, were very good.

I spoke to a few well placed individuals, and the squad are extremely disappointed, and are all hurting from Saturday's result, and are itching to take their frustrations on on Guiseley and from what I gather, they are all extremely fired up to do so.

Also, another reason not to be too negative is that other results did play in our favour on Saturday, so it softened the blow a bit.

Lets just get behind the boys on Boxing day, and provide that Vocal support that will really push them on.

I'm confident that we will get 3 points on boxing day, followed by 3 against Vauxhall. We come out of the next 2 fixtures with 6 points, we will be up there, mixing it.

Onwards and Upwards.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:36 am

TheNeil29 wrote:When it comes to the result, it was just one of those days. I'm not looking into it too much, and neither should anyone else in all honesty. They had 1 shot, scored one goal, and pretty much sat in their half, apart from the odd counter attack, which i'm led to believe, were very good.
    If that hadn't happened on at least 5 other occasions already this season I'd agree with you. But I'm afraid it happens far too often to us to just write it off as bad luck. Let's hope we get back on track and don't have another "bad day at the office" or "just one of those days" at Vauxhall Motors eh?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:49 am

Cynic. We can have a chat about it all over a pint on boxing day anyway.

My point is that at Worcester, we played well and lost. I'm not bothered if losses come along, as long as the boys give it 100%, which they did.

Vauxhall Motors will be a lot tougher than people think. They have had some good results this season. The play very tidy, compact football.

I'd like 3 points, and we should do so, but I would not be too disappointed with 1 point from the Motors game.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:13 am

TheNeil29 wrote:Cynic. We can have a chat about it all over a pint on boxing day anyway.

My point is that at Worcester, we played well and lost. I'm not bothered if losses come along, as long as the boys give it 100%, which they did.

Vauxhall Motors will be a lot tougher than people think. They have had some good results this season. The play very tidy, compact football.

I'd like 3 points, and we should do so, but I would not be too disappointed with 1 point from the Motors game.
    No I agree it won't be easy and a point is a decent result there but I do wonder how many "just one of those days" are too many. Hard luck stories wear thin after a while.

I suppose it's the Jekyll and Hyde nature of this team. We are the second top scorers in the divison and yet how many times have we drawn a blank in front of goal and people have come on here moaning about strikers? It's such a paradox. And the problem is that the more of these off days you have the more you need to go to places like VM and get more than just a point.

On the one hand we should be happy that we're in with a fighting chance but (as I keep stressing) on the other hand we really have underachieved. People seem to want to argue that point but the fact is Worcester was yet another opportunity thrown away. Hopefully we will still make the playoffs but make no mistake, if we don't, everybody - players, fans and management - will be looking back at this season with huge regrets. And there's nothing worse in football than rueing what could have been. The bottom line is that we cannot afford many more results like this, whether they are unlucky or not.

Come on Town it's time to buck the trend.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:33 pm

Yes, really disappointing, but, thankfully, due to previous results, not the end of the world, and, by and large, other results went for us (only a point for Alty, Boston, Ferriby lost etc.). Still I think it does make the two Guiseley games almost do or die for the play off dream. We really have to get at least 4 points I would suggest, and NOT lose against VM Saturday.

It IS frustrating that we failed to beat one of the weaker teams and keep the run going, but we are still in the play off race, which is what really matters. Boxing Day now really massive.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:06 pm

Yeah, it is a big game. I'm just hoping a decent sized crowd come down and roar on the team!!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:58 pm

Come the 1st of Jan we should be making a huge statement by signing Reeves..He is out of favour at Alty with the manager and looking at their forum he has a huge rift with their other striker....Go on Irving surely we need to enquire at least!
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:03 pm

Have just looked at their forum and see what you mean - a lot of discontent there. If Reeves becomes available please have a go Chairman.

Merry Christmas all.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:09 am

trevdee wrote:Come the 1st of Jan we should be making a huge statement by signing Reeves..He is out of favour at Alty with the manager and looking at their forum he has a huge rift with their other striker....Go on Irving surely we need to enquire at least!

i was also told this by an Alty fan at the Alty game a few weeks ago i posted it on here at the time, rumour has it that Guiseley could be looking at him

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:54 am

Going to be interesting (very nteresting) to see where Reeves ends up...it will tell us a lot about various teams ambitions this season. If its Guiseley I'll be sick as the proverbial... Despite the fact that we have scored alot of goals this season, we definitely (in my opinion) still need a top quality striker. Please Mr. Chairman go for it...best Christmas present our fans could have!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:59 pm