Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
Townfan
paulstreet
Chips97
rangerider
8 posters

Who will be going on Saturday and why?

rangerider
    rangerider

Who will be going on Saturday and why? Empty Who will be going on Saturday and why?

Post by rangerider Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:58 pm

wonder if the drum will be there ?

Last edited by rangerider on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chips97

Who will be going on Saturday and why? Empty Re: Who will be going on Saturday and why?

Post by Chips97 Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:00 pm

rangerider wrote:Will it be to see the new stand open or hope to see  us actually try to play decent football?
    Both but I doubt the second will actually happen...oh and to hopefully see us score a goal for once? Mad
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Who will be going on Saturday and why? Empty Re: Who will be going on Saturday and why?

Post by paulstreet Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:10 pm

I will be there. Aint wasting my season ticket, and in any case I support the club, not the manager. There is, I guess, also a kind of horrific fascination in seeing whether we can possibly get worse. And it will be good to see the new stand open.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:28 pm

Similar to Paul - have a season ticket and want to support the players. Also want to see the new stand and have a few beers with my mates.

Additionally, my little one is looking forward to it (no idea why) and don't want to let him down.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:01 pm

I'll be there. I have supported this club since the mid sixties and have seen some ups but many more downs, that's football.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:04 pm

Townfan wrote: have seen some ups but many more downs, that's football.
    You sound like Gary Plank. Yeah let's just write off Simon's abysmal failings as part of the ups and downs of football Rolling Eyes
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:09 pm

I will be there to stand in the new stand i will be in the insincere and fragile fans section
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:59 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    Townfan wrote: have seen some ups but many more downs, that's football.
    You sound like Gary Plank. Yeah let's just write off Simon's abysmal failings as part of the ups and downs of football Rolling Eyes
    Never mentioned Simon!!!
    rosvere

Post by rosvere Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:35 pm

rangerider wrote:I will be there to stand in the new stand i will be in the  insincere and fragile fans section
    Quality rangerider!

Post by Guest Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:55 pm

I will be there to see whether the politeness of immediacy at this level of fans and staff will give way to actual voicing of discontent directly at the comedy double act.

One more question to add.......who has now reached the awkward football supporting tipping point where in order to force 5 years of on the pitch underachievement you would rather a loss than a draw/victory that will only prolong the limbo state of the club?

Post by Guest Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:56 pm

I will be there to see whether the politeness of immediacy at this level of fans and staff will give way to actual voicing of discontent directly at the comedy double act.

One more question to add.......who has now reached the awkward football supporting tipping point where in order to force 5 years of on the pitch underachievement you would rather a loss than a draw/victory that will only prolong the limbo state of the club?
    thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

Post by thetallaccountant Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:46 pm

I genuinely hope we win, but mainly I'm going for RR's (& others') witty repartee - well worth £12 Laughing
    CCOB

Post by CCOB Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:55 pm

I'm going, it's the only soap opera i follow, wouldn't want to miss the latest episode.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:46 am

carefree raises an interesting question. Of course I want Town to win, but the 'bonus' of another defeat might (but probably won't!) bring some change about. I guess Newcastle fans have the same dilemma, I bet there were mixed emotions when they beat Leicester on Saturday. Trouble is, of course, we could lose the next three games and the same 'deadly duo' will still be in charge.

So lets all hope for a win, regardless of who is in the dug-out.

With a decent manager we'd be looking forward to an FA Cup tie with Chester tomorrow, that would have opened the new terrace with a bang. 2500 attendance I would guess. 300 tomorrow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:47 am