Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
TownUltra
Town youth
paulstreet
7 posters

Do or Die on Saturday?

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Do or Die on Saturday? Empty Do or Die on Saturday?

Post by paulstreet Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:57 am

OK we lost last night, but, lets face it, we were bound to lose one sooner or later. Tough about that last minute 'goal' being disallowed however. Another bad set of results for us as well: the Moors won and Guiseley won too.

The next two matches will define our season, I suspect we probably need to win both of them to keep ourselves on the hunt for a top fiive finish. Certainly 4 points out of 6 is a bare minimum.

Lets hope for a big turn out Saturday. We need this one.

7 goals for Dom Rowe now as well.

Do or Die on Saturday? Empty Re: Do or Die on Saturday?

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:06 pm

Sounds like a fairly decent performance against Colwyn. the test is now about whether Simon can get the team to respond positively or do they buckle under the pressure. If the team responds positively then maybe I need to start taking Simon's ability as manager more seriously. The best mangers have a track record in ensuring their teams come back stronger after defeat. Simon has a chance to start proving the same.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:41 pm

Every game is huge now. A loss against Colwyn is not the end of the world. We were not going to go the rest of the season without losing. In the past when we have lost after been on a run, we have lost 3/4 on the bounce. Hopefully we can change that.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:20 am

Yes, we can probably 'afford' to lose 2 (maybe 3)more games, no more than that. I really think (hate to say it) but Altrincham will be one of those, so a victory today is, in my opinion, absolutely vital...almost 'do or die' as I say. I have a pretty good feeling about it, nerves starting to build up...the best, and worst, part of a Saturday morning with Town at home. Anticipation and fear in equal measure. Who's be a football fan  Shocked 

Post by Guest Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:46 am

I don't think we can afford to lose anymore to be honest. every match is a cup final now and a must win. they have to go out and get the wins. they can do it. it will be hard, the pressure is on, and 9 teams are battling for the playoffs, Guiseley and Barrow snapping at our heels too.
    Town youth
    Town youth

Post by Town youth Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:38 am

We will have to play at 100% for 90 minutes today to win this game. Also our defence is going to have to be a brick wall to stop boggle! Heads on lads we need 3 points. COYT!!!
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:15 pm

Get in. Great result.
    thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

Post by thetallaccountant Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:51 pm

Great result and display today. Sellars and Brown justified their call-ups with excellent performances. Worsfold is brimming with confidence at the moment and thoroughly deserved his winning goal. Great noise from the ultras et al to help keep the ball out of the Town net when we came under pressure near the end!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:30 pm

Great win today, and for the first time in a while we put the pressure on for a full 90mins, well 80ish! I thought we would sit back second half but we came out on fire, was a great great team effort, too many great performances to mention!
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

13 min in!

Post by Guest Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:30 pm

Impressive ... always looked in control against a very decent opposition. Happy to eat my words on the young lad sellars - full of running, direct and tireless. Really chuffed for anton brown - top bloke and quality footballer - today he proved it. He wanted the ball, made sure we kept possession and made a couple of great interceptions. Such an important player if we can keep him playing like that. Once again impressed by Worsfold - two good feet, quick and dangerous. And such a strong bench. Woods, Bolder and Ironside, 3 extremely talented footballers that would walk into any other conference north side. I struggle to see how we won't make the play offs after today. Even the beer tasted good. Well done
    mddYO7

Post by mddYO7 Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:49 pm

Completely agree with town supporter. Been following Town for about three years now and enjoy most home games with my lad and I think this was the best performance we've seen.  Even prompted me to join the forum!  Real team effort and always interesting to see how the players react to Simon Weaver - really strong sense that they are listening and trying to follow instructions - some impressive discipline and effort.  Though Leigh Franks was very solid - and Matt Heath's leadership could be decisive.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:06 am

First chance to get on to a computer since Saturday morning and quite a bit has happened...all of it good, some of it almost unbelievable (beating Alty away!). Lots of posts to catch up on...work, work, work!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:22 pm