Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+6
Ep1958
nztownfan
Martin L
Gareth192001
Innocent Bystander
thetallaccountant
10 posters

Phil Barnes

Martin L

Phil Barnes Empty Phil Barnes

Post by Martin L Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:54 pm

OK, lets get this straight. A fan for forty years is entitled to his opinion. I had a go at Phil, He should have sorted the second goal and I gave him my thoughts, not for the first time with his terrible kicking..... .. I didn't swear or was not abusive, far from it. I don't need to like that to make my point. It is not my style.

He turned around to me and said " I will see you outside " Me, Kev, Andy and Dave were shocked. SO UNPROFESSIONALLIAL.

I made a point after the final whistle, "can I have a word and just clear the air"................he blanked me.

He came in the bar afterwards and I went up to him to make my point (not sorry), a few lads I was with were a bit unsure, I just wanted a chat.

DONT YOU EVEN FORGET, THIS IS OUR CLUB. YOU WILL BE HERE 2 YEARS AS A JOURNEYMAN. DONT EVER TALK TO TOWN FANS LIKE THAT AGAIN.

SACK HIM AND GET CROOKY......PHIL IS A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.

Phil Barnes Empty Re: Phil Barnes

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:03 pm

What did he say in the 1919? Would he not talk to you?

Looks like Heath is not my mate after singing 'One Shane Killock'. Why was Franks playing. He should be nowhere near the pitch at the moment. He needs to concentrate on losing some weight. I am in no way thin but people don't pay their hard earned money to watch me play football.
    thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

Post by thetallaccountant Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:24 pm

The players know you're right. That's what's getting to them.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:28 pm

Appalling that this happened to you Martin. Maybe we should organise a Shane Killock flag!

Thinking back .... there were so many straws in the wind back in July

The appalling cock-up regarding the Tour de France event .... Town charging £8 when the rest of the world knew they could turn up at the carnival for free!

The dreadful show at Harrogate Railway .....

The open training session on the Thursday before Tamworth when the mannequins moved more than the players did

Half fit players pitching up for their beer money and we leave our outstanding captain away from the paddock because they carry on playing Lenighan

Not good, not good at all

Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:40 pm

Your guessing the last bit the rest I agree with
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:59 pm

thetallaccountant wrote:The players know you're right. That's what's getting to them.

thank you
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:41 pm

what has happend to our club?!?!
    Ep1958

Post by Ep1958 Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:02 pm

Martin L wrote:OK, lets get this straight. A fan for forty years is entitled to his opinion. I had a go at Phil, He should have sorted the second goal and I gave him my thoughts, not for the first time with his terrible kicking..... .. I didn't swear or was not abusive, far from it. I don't need to like that to make my point. It is not my style.

He turned around to me and said " I will see you outside " Me, Kev, Andy and Dave were shocked. SO UNPROFESSIONALLIAL.

I made a point after the final whistle, "can I have a word and just clear the air"................he blanked me.

He came in the bar afterwards and I went up to him to make my point (not sorry), a few lads I was with were a bit unsure, I just wanted a chat.

DONT YOU EVEN FORGET, THIS IS OUR CLUB. YOU WILL BE HERE 2 YEARS AS A JOURNEYMAN. DONT EVER TALK TO TOWN FANS LIKE THAT AGAIN.

SACK HIM AND GET CROOKY......PHIL IS A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.

OK, lets get this straight....from what I heard and saw, Barnes took offence to a 'fan' who called him a tw&t which in my mind is clearly abusive. I am not saying that you said that but he had a 'conversation' with a fan.

Barnes shouldnt have turned round and said that he would see that person outside the ground but there again & I make no excuses for him but fans need to get behind their players. You could see he was rattled and it may have affected his play. The last thing the players need is that level of abuse, even if they are not playing well.

All fans need to think before they gob off. Mad
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:12 pm

You can tell you are involved with the team. Do us all a favour and stick to fixing things on the pitch. Criticism will be given when deserved, and they get paid extremely well at this club, If players can't hack it, then they can **** off from the club and get off the wage bill. Barnes is **** anyway.
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:34 pm

I did not swear at him and my friend kev can agree with that, with plenty others. Perhaps someone did swear, but he singled me out, wrong. To then say "I will see you outside" was so un professional.

I made every effort to discuss and clarify the facts after the game, as he walked off and came in the bar and he was not interested.

Shame that.

HERE IS A FACT ! I WILL BE FOLLOWING TOWN LONG AFTER PHIL BARNES HAS GONE.

A humble apology would have been the right thing to do.

rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:44 pm

Martin i have never heard you swear at a player and i guess all that know you will agree your just not that type of person
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:14 am

Thank you RR, everyone that knows me, know I love my team. I am entitled to shout my opinion if things are going wrong on the field, but I have never, ever had a player do that to me. 40 years support, since the age of 4. Who does he think he is ?

We have Mothers and Children at our games and they dont want to hear bad language. Not just that, but people who are old enough to be your Dad shouldn't have to put up with foul language.

I go home and curse and am upset after a bad loss, so what. I do that in my privacy when I am upset. Get it out my system because I care.

Its just decency.

My point is the reaction to me, albeit wrongly identified, by a Town player turning on a fan. Come on Phil, we are all united and all I wanted to do was to clarify the situation afterwards. Do you think if i swore at him I would make so much effort to clarify the situation, going out my way to talk to him ? He is my teams keeper, I criticise him and applaud him, that's what fans do, but I would never insult him.

Ep1958

Post by Ep1958 Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:47 am

TheNeil29 wrote:You can tell you are involved with the team. Do us all a favour and stick to fixing things on the pitch. Criticism will be given when deserved, and they get paid extremely well at this club, If players can't hack it, then they can **** off from the club and get off the wage bill. Barnes is **** anyway.

Way off the mark mate, totally not involved in the team in anyway. Was at the match and telling it how I saw it. If you dont like it tough.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:12 am

If they can't hack the frustration of fans, and criticism then they shouldn't be here. I couldn't give a **** in all honesty about the opinions of other people, because we are a club that has a useless, shite and incompetent manager with a Chairman who is happy to be a nepotist and watch his soon piss his hard earned fortune away by alienating the fans with the level of incompetence on the pitch, and a bunch of players, who in my opinion don't respect the current manager and are not motivated to play for him anymore.

Simon, do us all a favour and walk your sorry arse out of our club. You are an absolute disgrace. Oh, and take your dad with you. Money is not everything.

I'd rather see the club I support take 4 steps back to take 1 forward.

#sackweaver #UEFAlicencemyarse #narrowpitchisajoke
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:35 pm

Yeah looking back Mr Barnes should of taken the time out of playing football maybe had a nice cup of tea a bit of cake and chat with you.
    Sorry but no just no stop been a weapon this is a nothing thread. What did you expect trying to talk to a keeper after just conseeding a goal why not have a word with the center halfs and midfields as well
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:03 pm

Don't think he was at fault for the 2nd goal, left extremely exposed, handled the ball and collected crosses very well today. Only downside is his kicking, maybe its the narrowing of the pitch but almost all of his goal kicks were over-hit.

Don't condone him having a go at you Martin and not great to hear he wouldn't speak after.... Just getting harder and harder to stay positive on our club at the moment....
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:16 pm

My reading is that things will start happening this week or next ...
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:26 pm

thought he was good today actually... second goal he could have done better with getting his hand on it but its more the teams fault for leaving him exposed.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:05 pm

I am presuming Ep1959 is a Stockport fan.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:35 pm

Things starting next week? Like what? My wildest dreams like Simon resigning and us getting someone in who has a clue?
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:47 am

No, we just sign another striker!

Post by Guest Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:53 pm

Great performance from Phil yesterday with some top draw saves.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:58 pm

Without his saves today we would definitely not have walked away with 3 points. His double save especially was brilliant. Should've got Man of the match.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:33 am

Should have ben man of the match by a country mile. The Champagne winners seem to be chosen by sponsors who obviously know nothing about football, they almost invariably get it wrong. Nelthorpe played well, but several were better.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:21 pm

I was very impressed with Phil Barnes on Saturday, he looked assured, composed and pulled off some outstanding saves.

He would have been my MOM as well. I hope that level of performance continues.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:32 pm