Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
Dark Knight
nztownfan
alfiejdickson
j2021
8 posters

Phil Barnes signs and Kendall on the way too....

j2021

Phil Barnes signs and Kendall on the way too.... Empty Phil Barnes signs and Kendall on the way too....

Post by j2021 Thu May 22, 2014 5:20 pm

Just spotted this online!

Phil Barnes officially joins and according to the Gainsborough manager, Ryan Kendall is on the way.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    alfiejdickson
    alfiejdickson

Phil Barnes signs and Kendall on the way too.... Empty Re: Phil Barnes signs and Kendall on the way too....

Post by alfiejdickson Thu May 22, 2014 6:36 pm

Its been confirmed on our website aswell, also says Craig Mac has been in negotiations with a leauge club and is expected to depart in the coming days. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Phil Barnes signs and Kendall on the way too.... Empty Re: Phil Barnes signs and Kendall on the way too....

Post by nztownfan Thu May 22, 2014 6:40 pm

Always going to happen but gutted to see Craig go Sad wonder where he will end up though...
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu May 22, 2014 6:40 pm

Goodbye Craig MacGillivray and Adam Bolder. Hello mediocrity.

I suspect by Christmas, the Weavers will be starting to implement their exit strategy from Town.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu May 22, 2014 7:14 pm

Craig has been linked with Bradford for best part of a year, and it wouldn't surprise me if York come in for him. My guess is it will be Bradford though, but he deserves it for the service he has given to the club. He will go on to have a very good career in the game.

I am a bit disappointed for Peter Crook though, and i'm hoping that he keeps his head up and really puts the pressure on Phil Barnes for the number 1 jersey.

On the signing of Phil Barnes, time will tell. But has a lot of experience, and will be a lot more vocal than Craig or Peter and will certainly command his area a lot more than Craig did. My worry is his age, but I will wait until I see him play before I pass judgement.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Thu May 22, 2014 8:05 pm

Dark Knight wrote:Goodbye Craig MacGillivray and Adam Bolder. Hello mediocrity.

I suspect by Christmas, the Weavers will be starting to implement their exit strategy from Town.

DK... Hope im not being rude asking this, but when was the last time you were positive supporting the team? It just seems there is nothing the club can do without you picking faults. Have the Weavers ever done anything which has made you happy... becausei f not (again not hoping to sound rude) you would be better off supporting someone else  Laughing !!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu May 22, 2014 9:06 pm

Kendall, Walshaw, Worsfold, sounds good to me as a strike force
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Thu May 22, 2014 9:20 pm

rangerider wrote:Kendall, Walshaw, Worsfold, sounds good to me as a strike force

and the York lad Rankin (sp?) too

just need a better midfield and defence now!!

Post by Guest Thu May 22, 2014 9:22 pm

Is that a strong enough strike force for you RR? Shame no one suggested it last season Wink
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu May 22, 2014 9:43 pm

nztownfan wrote:

DK... Hope im not being rude asking this, but when was the last time you were positive supporting the team? It just seems there is nothing the club can do without you picking faults. Have the Weavers ever done anything which has made you happy... becausei f not (again not hoping to sound rude) you would be better off supporting someone else  Laughing !!
    Jesus, if you still cannot see what's coming I really pity you.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Thu May 22, 2014 9:59 pm

DK votes UKIP
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu May 22, 2014 10:00 pm

TownUltra wrote:DK votes UKIP
     Sleep 
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Thu May 22, 2014 10:02 pm

Kiss my hairy Worsfold
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Thu May 22, 2014 10:10 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    nztownfan wrote:

DK... Hope im not being rude asking this, but when was the last time you were positive supporting the team? It just seems there is nothing the club can do without you picking faults. Have the Weavers ever done anything which has made you happy... because if not (again not hoping to sound rude) you would be better off supporting someone else  Laughing !!
    Jesus, if you still cannot see what's coming I really pity you.

That wasnt my question?? At no point did i say i was positive at all?? maybe you need to read my question again as it was specifically aimed at you?

so when was the last time you were happy about Harrogate Town?? because what i am saying is why support a team you hate?
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu May 22, 2014 10:15 pm

If you want an insight into this club get on BBC 4 right now.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Thu May 22, 2014 10:18 pm

Cryptic
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu May 22, 2014 10:23 pm

JordanF wrote:Is that a strong enough strike force for you RR? Shame no one suggested it last season Wink

yes Jordan where was someone with reason when you needed him?  lol!
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Thu May 22, 2014 10:25 pm

Walshaw Kendall and Dobie and we would have a WKD strike force, we could play in blue.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu May 22, 2014 10:30 pm

Dark Knight wrote:If you want an insight into this club get on BBC 4 right now.

Ripping Yarns = Golden Gordon (eight bloody one classic)

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri May 23, 2014 12:14 pm

Looks as though it aint going to be Walshaw, but Kendall instead. Until the Walshaw rumours started I'd have been quite happy, but now I fel a bit gutted. Looks like it may be Kendall, Rankine and Walshaw next season then lads. Definitely an upgrade on last year, no doubt about that, so I will try and feel optimistic. But it just seems that when push comes to shove other teams get the really big signings, we get the leftovers (that sounds harsh on Kendall, but once Walshaw was going to NFU he became surplus to their requirements). The NFU owners were clearly prepared to dig deep into their pockets to get Walshaw, we seem afraid to go that extra mile (moneywise) to get the best, despite the obvious wealth of our owner.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri May 23, 2014 12:15 pm

Oops, I meant Kendall, Rankine and Worsfold...got Walshaw on the brain!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:24 pm