Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
Gareth192001
Innocent Bystander
Martin L
7 posters

Margetts gone back to Hull

Martin L

Margetts gone back to Hull  Empty Margetts gone back to Hull

Post by Martin L Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:46 pm

Thoughts ?

Margetts gone back to Hull  Empty Re: Margetts gone back to Hull

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:03 pm

a fantastic, professional player that will have a bright future in professional football. He wasn't afraid to get stuck into non league football to get some game time either, and a lovely guy, who talked to Callum about how long he had played football etc a real pro. But with every goodbye, comes a hello, and welcome back to Callum Hassan, a strong forward, exciting to watch.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:55 pm

The goals he scored could prove to be vital if we manage to stay up come the end of the season! Very Happy
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:31 pm

For me he was played out of position in this league to many old school defenders. All the best to him hope he makes the best of his talent

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:11 pm

Very talented player who I imagine will do very well in the future. All the best to him.

Always gave 100% which is all any fan can ask for.
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:31 pm

Agreed. Thanks to him for his time with us and his enthusiasm and energy. Best of luck to him in the future. Can someone tell me - has Hassan signed for us or is it a loan deal?

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:55 pm

A1 drifter wrote:Agreed. Thanks to him for his time with us and his enthusiasm and energy. Best of luck to him in the future. Can someone tell me - has Hassan signed for us or is it a loan deal?

As far as I am aware, he has signed.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:04 pm

If he has signed, we just have too many strikers. No preferred up front partnership and no consistency. If you look at any other club in this league, they have a preferred up front partnership. We don't, and that is a problem. We should have our preferred 2 strikers, and a good bench option, then if injuries affect it, then look at the loan market. Walshaw, Kendall, Speight, Dwain, Hassan as well as Worsfold to return? Reinforces to me that if Simon doesn't know his preferred strike force, then he doesn't know his preferred 11. And injuries are no excuse at all.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:24 am

Yes good luck to him. I suspect that plan A back in August was for Walshaw and Kendall to be the main strike force with Worsfold playing just behind them. Speight in reserve. Then Worsfold got injured, Speight was out for a while, Kendall couldn't score, Swain impressed pre-season and everything was up in the air. Still hasn't been resolved. Its surely far too early to banish Kendall to the bench. If you look at Hassan's goal scoring record it isn't that good, but he took his goal well on Saturday, so lets hope for the best.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:12 am

I think Callum will be better suited to this league...Im sure we will see Margetts at a higher level if he keeps improving, has a lovely touch and great link up play. I remember Callum the first time around and really liked him because he is a real handful for any of the largest centre backs in this league.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:41 am