Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
Innocent Bystander
paulstreet
6 posters

Hull City Match...any thoughts?

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Hull City Match...any thoughts? Empty Hull City Match...any thoughts?

Post by paulstreet Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:35 am

Been in London for a few days (too darn hot), and came back expecting to catch up on umpteen posts about the Hull game, but all was silence. Anyone any thoughts. I thought we were comptetitive the first 30 minutes or so, but the difference in speed (both of movement and awareness) was really marked. I didn't think we had done too badly, until I saw that North Ferriby had held a (presumably) stronger Hull side to a 1-1 draw. Ouch!

I like the look of Kerry and Turner and Barnes made a few good saves, five great goals though.
    Innocent Bystander

Hull City Match...any thoughts? Empty Re: Hull City Match...any thoughts?

Post by Innocent Bystander Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:55 am

Not yet really sure about the midfield
    would prefer Dean, Lenighan and Kerry - we might actually be short of a midfielder?
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:09 am

just thought we lacked a little craft in midfield could do with a woodsy type player
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:35 am

The fact that we also got beaten, and heavily will not have done wonders for the players' confidence. We were always going to struggle against the quality of opposition, but regardless of the quality of opposition, a 5-0 defeat will hurt all footballers. Any player who isnt bothered by a 5-0 reverse, I dont want to see in a Harrogate Town shirt, quite frankly.

Lenighan, Kerry, Nowakowski and Dean is a more than good enough combination for this level. So, not strengthening required there in my opinion.

The only thing I would do now if I was Simon, is get Luke Dean signed. Then just focus on the squad he has, which in my opinion is more than good enough to achieve at the very least, the playoffs.

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:44 am

We certainly need to sign Dean. Lets face it the future of Lenighan is uncertain. I have watched the 5 goals since my first post (Hull Evening Telegraph website I think), and our defence seemed non-existent for all five of them!

Still, tomorrow will cheer me up (I hope!).
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:13 pm

It wasnt the fact that our defence was non-existant. It is the fact that we could not do anything about 4 of the Hull goals conceded by us, all which wouldnt have looked out of place on MOTD. They were not just 1 class above, they were several. I just dont know how conceding 5 goals has helped the team, apart from giving the club another strong contact (Premiership Club, aware of us!) But it certainly wont have done anything for the confidence levels.

Hoping that the players go to Railway, and dominate the game tomorrow.

I expect at least 4-5 goals tomorrow, and to put them to the sword.
    thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

Post by thetallaccountant Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:30 pm

I thought we played as well as could be expected on Monday. I get the feeling that we weren't quite expecting Hull to field such a quality team when the fixture was arranged. Whichever way you look at it that is 3 defeats in a row now, and I agree that it can't be the best thing for confidence. So we need a convincing win today. Interested to see how wide the pitch will be!
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:44 pm

Before we get too despondent can we remember and reflect that Hull play 5 divisions above us with the finest facilities that money can afford and that their players (who probably earn a bit more than ours) had probably not been at work all day and then had to play in stifling heat. I thought our lads did really well against Premiership opposition. All credit to Hull for taking things seriously and fielding a strong side. It was a privilege to see their top class players at the CNG. As someone has already said, the goals were quality. Remember that the next time you will see Huddleston, Boyd etc will be on MOTD when they will be tormenting the Arsenal or Spurs defence. Good luck to the Tigers but please keep things in perspective for our gallant side who did their best.

Come on Town !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:29 am