Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+8
OllieRiley
ultimate warrior
Innocent Bystander
trevdee
rangerider
TownUltra
nztownfan
Chips97
12 posters

Wally Signs!!!!!!

Chips97

Wally Signs!!!!!! Empty Wally Signs!!!!!!

Post by Chips97 Mon May 26, 2014 9:55 am

James Walshaw signs for Town!!!! Get in!!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Wally Signs!!!!!! Empty Re: Wally Signs!!!!!!

Post by nztownfan Mon May 26, 2014 10:18 am

Boom!

No matter how negative people are this is a great signing if we buy a few more of his quality!
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Mon May 26, 2014 11:09 am

Uggh ya. This is the biggest signing in Town's history. He must have cost a fairbit- this signing shows real intent. If he has signed then... Who else is coming!? Shaping up now.

YES WEAVER

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 11:14 am

Excellent news. Lets be honest, the only way we're going to compete in this league with Simon in charge is to spend big. Perhaps there's finally been some acknowledgement of this. A very necessary signing - a hardworker atoo which is an added bonus. Need to work on the supply line now - still think bolder is a massive loss and we need some quality in wide areas which we've struggled with.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon May 26, 2014 12:02 pm

this is a great signing and now shows the intent of the club for next season, i have been asking for a prolific striker all last season now we have one well done Irving i will now buy a season ticket and join the supporters club  lol! any chance of a loan deal for Whatmore at Sunderland? looking forwards to a few more quality signings, season can't come soon enough now
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon May 26, 2014 12:09 pm

according to the Halifax forum we have signed McCready...Now if that is true, then he is a cracking midfielder...There is the supply line right there for wally, worsfold and lets not forget kendall!!!!
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon May 26, 2014 1:04 pm

bring on pre season ..... just given my bank holiday a huge lift!
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Mon May 26, 2014 1:29 pm

rangerider wrote:this is a great signing and now shows the intent of the club for next season, i have been asking for a prolific striker all last season now we have one  well done Irving i will now buy a season ticket and join the supporters club  lol! any chance of a loan deal for Whatmore at Sunderland? looking forwards to a few more quality signings, season can't come soon enough now

He has been playing for Hibs for the second half of the season so I dont think he will be stepping down to non league again anytime soon! Be going to a football league club next season I imagine...could see someone like Hartlepool being in for him.

Post by Guest Mon May 26, 2014 2:19 pm

Huge signings and will definitely make other clubs sit up and take notice. We are also linked with some other players with a similar calibre. Things are looking up and with the new stand on it's way, I think we are in for an enjoyable season.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon May 26, 2014 2:29 pm

can you imagine Walshaw, Worsfold, Kendall, Hall/Rankine as our strikeforce next season omg i think i have wet myself  lol! just got to order my Walshaw shirt and book my standing place in the new stand, anywhere to put my horse?  lol! 
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Mon May 26, 2014 2:55 pm

nztownfan wrote:
    rangerider wrote:this is a great signing and now shows the intent of the club for next season, i have been asking for a prolific striker all last season now we have one  well done Irving i will now buy a season ticket and join the supporters club  lol! any chance of a loan deal for Whatmore at Sunderland? looking forwards to a few more quality signings, season can't come soon enough now

He has been playing for Hibs for the second half of the season so I dont think  he will be stepping down to non league again anytime soon! Be going to a football league club next season I imagine...could see someone like Hartlepool being in for him.

didn't get a lot of games for Hibs, i don't think he will get into the first team at Sunderland just yet worth a cheeky phone call to Gus "he who dares wins"
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Mon May 26, 2014 3:32 pm

Top signing welcome to the CNG James i always thought you where better than Jarman
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Mon May 26, 2014 5:15 pm

rangerider wrote:
    nztownfan wrote:

He has been playing for Hibs for the second half of the season so I dont think  he will be stepping down to non league again anytime soon! Be going to a football league club next season I imagine...could see someone like Hartlepool being in for him.

didn't get a lot of games for Hibs, i don't think he will get into the first team at Sunderland just yet worth a cheeky phone call to Gus "he who dares wins"

Talk is that Gus rates him alot. He was injured for the end of the season but was starting for Hibs at one point. Furthermore Gus said before he loaned him out he had contact from quite a few league clubs to take him on loan but Gus and Duncan chose Hibs at it was close enough to Newcastle Uni (where Dunc is doing his degree.) Obviously I would love him here (as a Sunderland fan myself) but its not happening... Besides we really don't need a new Striker if everything is true about the other lot Laughing
    OllieRiley
    OllieRiley

Post by OllieRiley Mon May 26, 2014 8:01 pm

A great signing and gives me confidence now that Weaver will go on and sign more top class players. Wally will be great upfront with Ash, its amazing what a prolific goal scorer can do to teams! I hope he is asked to shoot on sight and be fearless, that's why we pay money to watch football! Rumours heard and signs showing that we're bringing Kendall in which would be a welcomed addition and McCready from Halifax would be very handy! Keep improving the squad Simon! Two midfielders, a winger and a pair of fullbacks still needed!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue May 27, 2014 11:53 am

Yes, fantastic news, I had just about given up on it happening (natural born pessimist!). If we get Kendall or Rankine then we really will have a potent strike force next season. Lets hope that Irving has decided to really give it a go next season: play offs or bust!

Can't wait to hear the other signings (stil a few needed). Only about 6/7 weeks till the friendlies start.

Wake me up in mid July  Smile 
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Tue May 27, 2014 12:46 pm

OllieRiley wrote:A great signing and gives me confidence now that Weaver will go on and sign more top class players. Wally will be great upfront with Ash, its amazing what a prolific goal scorer can do to teams! I hope he is asked to shoot on sight and be fearless, that's why we pay money to watch football! Rumours heard and signs showing that we're bringing Kendall in which would be a welcomed addition and McCready from Halifax would be very handy! Keep improving the squad Simon! Two midfielders, a winger and a pair of fullbacks still needed!

His name is McReady and the Halifax lads on their forum are not exactly sad to see him go...I suggest its more of a squad player then anything else.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue May 27, 2014 1:09 pm

my spelling mistake originally....he never got a chance at Halifax but make no mistake this guy is a top quality passing player, I'm certainly expecting big things of him!
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Tue May 27, 2014 1:11 pm

trevdee wrote:my spelling mistake originally....he never got a chance at Halifax but make no mistake this guy is a top quality passing player, I'm certainly expecting big things of him!

Shame we still revert to long ball all the time then! Twisted Evil 
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue May 27, 2014 2:26 pm

I think you need to mix it up in this league anyway....majority of the winter on pitches like BPA you need to adopt a more direct approach but certainly on our pitch im sure we will pass it...just a bit more direct and quicker from the Bolder days.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Tue May 27, 2014 2:48 pm

trevdee wrote:I think you need to mix it up in this league anyway....majority of the winter on pitches like BPA you need to adopt a more direct approach but certainly on our pitch im sure we will pass it...just a bit more direct and quicker from the Bolder days.

We were still playing long ball on our pitch last season what makes you think it will be any different this time around??
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue May 27, 2014 3:01 pm

Liverpool might have the SAS but we have the WoW factor  lol! 
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue May 27, 2014 3:03 pm

If Kendall comes, it will make it even better!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue May 27, 2014 3:20 pm

nztownfan wrote:
    trevdee wrote:I think you need to mix it up in this league anyway....majority of the winter on pitches like BPA you need to adopt a more direct approach but certainly on our pitch im sure we will pass it...just a bit more direct and quicker from the Bolder days.

We were still playing long ball on our pitch last season what makes you think it will be any different this time around??

Im not saying it will be any different...who knows, just sending Weaver the vibe on how I would play it.....When things are going right for him it is usually when he adopts a suggestion off here...never has he adopted rangeriders great idea though, so interesting season ahead
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue May 27, 2014 4:27 pm

From the Alty forum

Paul Cain's Chip Pan
    Regular First Team

Re: Walshaw signs for........
    « Reply #28 on: Today at 09:45:30 AM »

Good luck Wally, you've served us well and Harrogate have got themselves a great player.

markecky
    Who do you support really...?
    Administrator
    Regular First Team

100% Alty

Re: Walshaw signs for........
    « Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 09:47:31 AM »

Best of luck to him, they should break that habit of just failing to get in the playoffs with his goals.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Tue May 27, 2014 5:00 pm

I'm pumped. Biggest signing by Town ever?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:21 pm