Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+11
Martin L
Gareth192001
wetherby58
pontifex532
TownUltra
pie and chips
trevdee
nztownfan
rangerider
Dark Knight
Innocent Bystander
15 posters

Harrogate Town v Brackley

Innocent Bystander

Harrogate Town v Brackley Empty Harrogate Town v Brackley

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:51 pm

4-0 at half time
    did the squad drink two pints of the original spa water before lunch?
    looking forward to reading posts today! bounce
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Harrogate Town v Brackley Empty Re: Harrogate Town v Brackley

Post by Dark Knight Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:22 pm

Well that puts the Weaver out campaign to bed once and for all. Weaver must stay. Ooh town. We're back. Never in doubt. Etc etc...
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:05 pm

Great result today but i agree with the consensus of the fans i spoke to that Brackley where a poor side but you can only beat whats put in front of you but i would like to see what we can do against Stockport before i get carried away but on todays display it looked very encouraging it looked like the players wanted it today but my opinion on the manager still remains the same one win is not going to change that i have seen to much dross this season to have a knee jerk reaction
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:48 pm

Well done Harrogate Town Smile just seen the result.

Admittedly Brackley by all accounts are a poor side but still a 5-0 win is a 5-0 win.

trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:18 pm

simple isn't it you drop the hoofball play your best team, allow the players to play with a bit of freedom and hey presto...Got to say Brackley were shockingly bad defensively, Featherstone walked into the box for the 3rd goal.

A certain someone must have creme pied his pants for the last goal ha but a true test will come next Saturday, I would like to think this is the start of a great run but no point getting hopes up as we know how it will pan out.
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:20 pm

Amazing!
    Football team wins 5-0...........one post, four replies, not much to be happy about!!!!
    Must be so disappointing for the usual suspects that we WON........but then, I enjoyed today.
    Maybe I'm just a normal guy who wants his team to win, but realises there are times when we have bad runs.
    New stand looks great, looking forward to next week.
    C'mon Town.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:26 pm

Great performance from the players today. Fantastic goals from Wally and Nelly. Really impressed with Featherstone too. Not going to get carried away. We now need to push on up the league.

Knee Jerk re-action der der der der. It's been a while since I have left the CNG nursing a sore voice!

Post by Guest Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:28 pm

trevdee wrote:simple isn't it you drop the hoofball play your best team, allow the players to play with a bit of freedom and hey presto...Got to say Brackley were shockingly bad defensively, Featherstone walked into the box for the 3rd goal.

A certain someone must have creme pied his pants for the last goal ha but a true test will come next Saturday, I would like to think this is the start of a great run but no point getting hopes up as we know how it will pan out.

I think half the ground did. I ended up soaking myself after banging on the gutter on the top of the stand which was full of rain water!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:34 pm

JordanF wrote:
    trevdee wrote:simple isn't it you drop the hoofball play your best team, allow the players to play with a bit of freedom and hey presto...Got to say Brackley were shockingly bad defensively, Featherstone walked into the box for the 3rd goal.

I think half the ground did. I ended up soaking myself after banging on the gutter on the top of the stand which was full of rain water!

No wonder they would not let us in the new stand with hooligans like you around Jordan, and in front off the kids as well affraid lol! lol!
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:54 pm

Major confidence booster - hopes that we will kick on in the next seven days ahead of Stockport Cty
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:04 pm

amazing that after a good win we get Simon on video after the match and a full report on the web page but after a defeat it takes days to get a response from the club
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:10 pm

Human nature but not good PR
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:14 pm

It's a great feeling to win a game. Losing sucks. Glad that there was an actual performance aswell as these have been sorely lacking to date. For me the key thing that has held us back has been the one dimensional long ball tactic. I think he looked at last season and looked at Ferriby and thought 3 out and out strikers being hit directly was the way forward. I think that to do well in this league, as well as being direct, width works. Many cbs are lanky and deal with the ball over the top onto their heads  with ease, but aren't great footballers and can't handle the ball being played behind them, pace or width. Nelthorpe and Rowe are the only two natural width players we have, albeit Kerry is excellent and can play anywhere am pretty well. A naturalish 442 today and we score 5 after 300 mins of no goal. I hope Simon has conviction to keep to this sort of formation moving forward, and if he does we can do okay.
    (I'd get another winger to bolster the options)

Up to Dec the fix list looks appetising, if we can do Stockport then Glos and Hyde are great chances for maximums.

On the advertiser article, yes it's true we peaked under Aspin, but minimally, he never got us out of the div either and I think its a much harder league now than then with bigger clubs with bigger budgets .We are in the highest division we have ever been in. It's frustrating that with the budget that we aren't top 5, but if the Weavers weren't here do we have the natural fanbase / resource to naturally deserve to be any higher? Probably not, unless somebody else steps up. Looking at other clubs like Stockport, Chester, Fax it seems unlikely that we would be lucky enough to get a patrigarch to come in and put us any higher.

I'm just going to keep coming, hope that we win, but also, win , lose, or draw, enjoy the experience that is Town for all the ups and downs, enjoy the camaraderie that is developing amongst the fans. It's great what's happening with the developments on that front and hope that the club twist JF arm to continue the excellent job he does on away travel. (Fair play to the club for subbing that, they don't need to do that((or build the stand)).

Can't wait see the view from the new stand next week.

Come on Town! Would love another performance next week and 3 more points.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:41 pm

pie and chips wrote:Amazing!
    Football team wins 5-0...........one post, four replies, not much to be happy about!!!!
    Must be so disappointing for the usual suspects that we WON

I would love to praise the team more but I wasnt at the game!! Sounds like it could be the start of something though

Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:47 pm

pie and chips wrote:Amazing!
    Must be so disappointing for the usual suspects that we WON........
    Wow, nobody has ever posted that one before Sleep

Seriously though it's been a while since I last heard it. You must have been waiting ages.

pie and chips wrote: looking forward to next week.
    Straight back doooown, straight back doooown, come on everybody all sing along...

rangerider wrote:amazing that after a good win we get Simon on video after the match and a full report on the web page but after a defeat it takes days to get a response from the club
    I'm sure he'll be dining out off today for weeks to come. If we beat the mighty Stockport next week I'm expecting a petition on here for his knighthood.

No doubt Gary Plank is out flagellating himself tonight in some S&M club somewhere.

Last edited by Dark Knight on Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:54 pm

nztownfan wrote: Sounds like it could be the start of something though

Yep, the start of the cycle all over again, Town win a few games, the same old numpties grow some balls and show their faces on here, followed by the same old arguments, then Town crash and burn again and they disappear back into the woodwork and we're back to square one...and on and on it goes into eternity cyclops

Post by Guest Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:48 pm

rangerider wrote:amazing that after a good win we get Simon on video after the match and a full report on the web page but after a defeat it takes days to get a response from the club

Bit harsh on Peter here RR and certainly don't think it was intentional. I suppose after the away games, Craig will need to submit his report and pictures to Peter and then he will need to find time to upload them and this is where we have suffered our worst results.

I know Peter works full time and often nights and I am sure that this will come first.

Great interview with Nelly - he scores with no beard!!!!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:15 am

Bit harsh on Peter here RR and certainly don't think it was intentional.

maybe your right Jordan just seems just seems strange to me that after a defeat we have to wait ages for a response but i'm sure after our next defeat it will be up as quickly as this was today, just to add i thought the match report by Peter was a good reflection on the game i watched today i could not fault it
    pontifex532

Post by pontifex532 Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:19 am

Great performance yesterday with some stunning goals. What happened to hoofball? My worry is that next Saturday it'll be back to normal or has Simon seen the light at last.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:10 am

pontifex532 wrote: or has Simon seen the light at last.
    Why do we always have comments like this after one good win (against poor opposition) and people start chirping about the play offs?

Even if WE DO go on a good run now, we all know what's coming at the end of it...Simon will lose, tinker, screw it up and have another free fall. I just cannot believe at this stage people STILL get their hopes up and believe in these charlatans at the club.

wetherby58

Harrogate Town v Brackley Empty Wally likes bananas

Post by wetherby58 Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:52 pm

On my way to the ground yesterday afternoon,it would be around 1.15pm,I was in slow traffic passing evans halshaw.looking in my rear view mirror I saw four lads in a car,all wearing yellow tops and having a laugh. driver was a tall one with a beard ( goal keeper ?) mcgurk in the back with Walshaw front seat passenger. They all seemed relaxed and enjoying themselves....what I want to know is what was Walshaw doing with that Banana !
    Whatever it was,give him some more after yesterdays performance ! Shocked
    Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:44 pm

First off lovely to see some goals for once but against the second worst team I've seen at CNG this season. The goals in isolation had very little team play other then featherstone assist which a half decent side would deal with. Nelthorpe great solo goals.
    I think a better side would still rip town apart unless confidence can carry the side a bit. Weak areas all over the pitch random staggered defensive and midfield lines making us easy to break down
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:19 pm

I enjoyed yesterday. Full Stop. Even went to congratulate Phil in goal and he gave me a sarcastic comment at the end of the game. Thought he was a big man, pathetic. Cheap shot, but it was all he has saved this season, the rest he has let in.

Craig never did that, that is because Craig was class. Took fans opinions on the chin. Maybe that is why a football league club want him.

Phil, you are not welcome, you pick up your wages and do not care about my club.

GO AWAY, NEVER RE-VISIT AND MOST OF ALL, TRY AND KICK A BALL STRAIGHT, #GARBISH.

Well done nelly, we all love you to bits.

Gareth192001

Post by Gareth192001 Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:11 am

yean 100% he needs to go we can't have someone at our club that's not gonna have a chat with poor martin.

Serious martin grow some, man up and take it on the chin he just doesn't like you.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:17 am

Agreed Gareth. all getting a bit childish really.

He played well yesterday, although rarely tested. Did well to block a one-on-one chance. His kicking was decent towards the end, almost set up a chance for Wally.

Just because he didn't reply very nicely to you a few games ago, (When we were playing rubbish and he had no protection from the players in front of him) He was probably understandably quite annoyed about the situation, which shows he is passionate to win.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:06 am