Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
gedmaloney
paulstreet
Big Lundy
7 posters

***** Coaches to Valley Parade! *****

Big Lundy

***** Coaches to Valley Parade! ***** - Page 2 Empty Re: ***** Coaches to Valley Parade! *****

Post by Big Lundy Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:28 pm

When you spend time & money travelling to games it becomes more than a result on a piece of paper!
    You get a big high when you win; you get a big low when you lose!
    Been doing this since the early 80’s watching Town!
    And still doing it!
    Young fans now just sit down in front of the TV, switch the game on when it kicks off, switch it off when it’s finished!
    They miss out on the camaraderie with fellow supporters who have also travelled for hours to the match, the banter with the away fans, travelling too & seeing new places, eating dodgy pies, freezing your nuts off in the cold!
    You get none of this when you watch in 3D!

***** Coaches to Valley Parade! ***** - Page 2 Empty Re: ***** Coaches to Valley Parade! *****

Post by Guest Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:52 pm

Big Lundy wrote:When you spend time & money travelling to games it becomes more than a result on a piece of paper!
    You get a big high when you win; you get a big low when you lose!
    Been doing this since the early 80’s watching Town!
    And still doing it!
    Young fans now just sit down in front of the TV, switch the game on when it kicks off, switch it off when it’s finished!
    They miss out on the camaraderie with fellow supporters who have also travelled for hours to the match, the banter with the away fans, travelling too & seeing new places, eating dodgy pies, freezing your nuts off in the cold!
    You get none of this when you watch in 3D!

Totally agree. I use to go with my Grandad to watch Bala play in Wales, and it was simply fantastic. Yes, it was cold, often wet, the wind was terrible, but the football was a real battle, the supporters so loud and proud, cups of Bovril rained down if the team lost, man! I loved it.

Travelling away with my own son has been such a buzz, and its a special bond and pact! I will only go to matches where I can take him too, for example, I had a chance of a lift from a few people, but to be honest, only 1 seat, so yea! I chose to spend nearly 100 quid on a train down to the match to see a non league team play. I felt pretty horrible on the train home, but as my son says, you remember games like this when you are promoted, Where it is this year, or next.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We are only in 3 “Tin Pot” Cup competitions!

F.A. Cup, F.A.Trophy, & West Riding County Cup!

So if you don’t win the league or the play-offs its one of the above for the “Trophy” cabinet!

Post by Guest Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:02 pm

Big Lundy wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We are only in 3 “Tin Pot” Cup competitions!

F.A. Cup, F.A.Trophy, & West Riding County Cup!

So if you don’t win the league or the play-offs its one of the above for the “Trophy” cabinet!

Good on Simon! He gets torn apart in here but he has his fans and supporters. Go Town! Good Luck tomorrow.
    Championship Manager
    Championship Manager

Post by Championship Manager Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:41 pm

Its hardly getting torn apart, its honest opinions whether its about him as a manager or the family connection. People say that in football no one is bigger than the club, thats a lie, the manager is. If the players aren't performing its solely the managers fault, whether its motivation, tactics, the fact that they shouldn't have been signed in the first place or something out of the managers control which should be put in there control by dropping them.

Tough decisions have to be made sometimes and need to be made before next season, which for me has to be the play-offs or we have to look at a new direction. I'm happy with Simon in charge of our football club but he has to go from being a nice guy to being successful and winning a local friendly with a shiny cup at the end of it won't make him that. His learning period is over, most top managers are successful straight away and why would we want anything less than a successful manager at our football club?
    Championship Manager
    Championship Manager

Post by Championship Manager Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:50 pm

Just to add, I do think the WRCC serves a purpose especially for children and parents it will be a great occasion and hopefully will attract some new fans. But for alot of supporters and I would of thought the players its a bit pointless, I expect them to perform but would almost be disappointed if the likes of Woods, Heath and Bolder got excited about it after the clubs/careers they have had.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:53 pm

Well said Cm and Craig you don't always have to get the last word in.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:00 pm

Out of interest Craig, are you more excited that your son will hopefully experience a cup win and get the chance to visited a larger ground?

I am looking forward to tomorrow but more because I am taking Daniel to a bigger ground. He is also excited because it is slightly different in that hopefully the players will get a trophy and medals.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:15 pm

JordanF wrote:Out of interest Craig, are you more excited that your son will hopefully experience a cup win and get the chance to visited a larger ground?

I am looking forward to tomorrow but more because I am taking Daniel to a bigger ground. He is also excited because it is slightly different in that hopefully the players will get a trophy and medals.

Nailed it Jordan! Exactly that, and more so, because for me, its a family & friends occasion, got some pals coming with me.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:18 pm

trevdee wrote:Well said Cm and Craig you don't always have to get the last word in.

Trev....  Question Wheres this come from? I don't always try and get the last word in, I just try and answer every post directed at me. If you arent bothered about the Cup Final, like I said, fair enough pal, thats your right, but christ sake fella, let me have some joy from it with my kid!  Rolling Eyes 
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:53 pm

By all means Craig, have your joyous, momentous occasion, but let others express their opinions on what the competition means to them..........I said that because when I look down the list of posts, your name is the last post on about 98% of them so clearly you are someone who has to get the last word in (that isn't an invitation to get the last word in though)........So if I say I'm not going to the cup because it represents bugger all apart from failure to achieve playoffs, it is exactly what I mean. No need to respond Craig, I understand why you are going and what it means to you and your son.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:19 pm

Craig i understand and admire your devotion to the club but Trevdee is right, you don't have to answer and have the last word on every post or people will stop posting and you will end up with yourself and a couple of others on here, or it will end up like this forum

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by rangerider on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:26 pm

trevdee wrote:By all means Craig, have your joyous, momentous occasion, but let others express their opinions on what the competition means to them..........I said that because when I look down the list of posts, your name is the last post on about 98% of them so clearly you are someone who has to get the last word in (that isn't an invitation to get the last word in though)........So if I say I'm not going to the cup because it represents bugger all apart from failure to achieve playoffs, it is exactly what I mean. No need to respond Craig, I understand why you are going and what it means to you and your son.

You will see my name on here because I am replying to topics. Thats what I am, a social media person, can't help it! its my part of my job in real life, reason why I have a site and page that attracts millions of views everyday, I cant help but reply to topics and chats, because I am that kind of person who loves to express my opinion too. When I am not talking football on here, I am talking Doctor Who on my site and forums and being asked to take part in panels and podcasts. If you see my name down the list of topics replying, thats because it interests me enough to warrant a reply, or, like you here, addressing directly a comment or opinion where I have been 'called out'.

I did ask you on Facebook if you wanted to talk about it privately away from the forum, because I class you as a mate and regard you with the upmost respect because to me, you are a brilliant football fan and one to look upto. Again, allow others to have their opinions? I am not stopping others having their opinions? how am I? Indeed, I am literally at times the sole voice of support or positivty about many things and its like being dragged through hell until I gave in and either leave or agree with everyone on here on how bad bad bad Simon is, and the club is, and the team is, etc etc etc But I am not that kind of person, I just am not. its my flaw, but its personal to me. I have too much respect for Simon as a manager and a person that will not verbally punch bag him for doing his job, but this is indeed a forum and people want to vent their frustations out, so allow ME also to do my venting if I want to, be it a lone one, I dont know. I am not stopping anyone from expressing their opinions but it has to work both ways, I am sick of being attacked, and verbally bashed for being postive on here. I havent denied anyone their opinion about the Cup Final, but I reserve the right of reply to any topic and post directed at me personally. Hence, my reply to you now.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:28 pm

rangerider wrote:Craig i understand and admire your devotion to the club but Trevdee is right, you don't have to answer and have the last word on every post or people will stop posting and you will end up with yourself and a couple of others on here,

Oh man!, stop jumping on the bandwagon when someone is having a pop at me will you? I am not having the last word, but if you address on me on here, I will damn well reply to you in person if I want to and have the right to. Its a forum and a place to express ourselves, thats all I am doing.  confused 
    Town youth
    Town youth

Post by Town youth Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:43 pm

Agree with trev in the aspect the game is as pointless as a friendly as it is who really cares about this cup I couldn't give two flying f***s if we win or loose tomorrow but obviously being a town support I am still going to the game to sing and cheer on the team. Winning this cup would be used as a diversion from the pending disappointment of a season in the league.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:46 pm

Craig i am an old man my jumping on bandwagons days are over so please have some respect

Post by Guest Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:50 pm

rangerider wrote:Craig i am an old man my jumping on bandwagons days are over so please have some respect

Really, so you didnt jump on Trevs comments and basically copy with he said? like you have done countless times before addressing me on the forum with others on here?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:52 pm

Right ok there was a mention of Simon Weaver in there somewhere, so something to do with football...No one has said on here that Simon is a bad person and in terms of his personality, I like the guy.However his record now speaks for itself as a football manager, he just doesn't have what it takes to get 100% out of his players and even you have witnessed that. I'm pretty sure he would sit there and take criticism better than you take it for him. When you enter football management at any level and consistently fail, then you have to be able to take criticism and usually end up with a P45......I see not reaching playoffs as another failure when I factor in how inconsistent other teams have been and factor in that we have beaten all the so called big teams, especially with the squad at his disposal.

So all said and done, the club is great, the group of players have the ability, it just all lacks leadership, direction and a winning mentality . When the going gets tough there is no one in management who can pick the players up, give them a slap, or a cuddle and get them to jump hoops. That is the difference between Harrogate Town and AFC Telford.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:53 pm

Town youth wrote:obviously being a town support I am still going to the game to sing and cheer on the team. Winning this cup would be used as a diversion from the pending disappointment of a season in the league.

cheers cheers cheers  Nice one. We missed you all at Gloucester. Win, Lose, or Draw, we follow....follow...follow..
    Town youth
    Town youth

Post by Town youth Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:54 pm

It think there is about 15 of us some by car some by coach Smile

Post by Guest Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:55 pm

trevdee wrote: That is the difference between Harrogate Town and AFC Telford.

Another BIG loss for Telford tonight, fresh from a big loss against Guiseley, the wheels coming off at Telford? Red card too!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:57 pm

Dunno I haven't checked.
    Town youth
    Town youth

Post by Town youth Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:59 pm

Can everyone on here not agree to disagree everyone has their opinions on the team, management and each other but it gets a bit boring when everyone goes on and on its a harrogate town forum not pick faults on people..
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:01 pm

CraigHurle wrote:
    rangerider wrote:Craig i am an old man my jumping on bandwagons days are over so please have some respect

Really, so you didnt jump on Trevs comments and basically copy with he said? like you have done countless times before addressing me on the forum with others on here?

yes Craig but i don't try to butter him up saying nice things about him putting pressure on him to refrain from posting adverse comments about your post (do you really think we are all stupid on here?)

Post by Guest Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:06 pm

rangerider wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:

yes Craig but i don't try to butter him up saying nice things about him putting pressure on him to refrain from posting adverse comments about your post (do you really think we are all stupid on here?)

No, but I am beginning to suspect you are. Trev knows I like him, he's a mate on FB and on here, and at matches. Heck, he's a hero to my son, so you know what, quit judging me on what you think you know about me, because its total rubbish. Trev and I might have a difference or 2, but we will sort it out, and get on with it, heck! thats what football is about, I respect Trevs opinion because its from the heart, but yours? Nah! its bandwagon posts on attacks on me. If you want to actually know me, fair enough, believe it or not, you might actually like me, I am not the person you think I am and if I had a chance to prove that to you, I would. But you have set your stall out. Carry on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:55 pm