Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+5
gedmaloney
j2021
pie and chips
Innocent Bystander
TownUltra
9 posters

matt bloomer

matt bloomer Empty matt bloomer

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:06 pm

Is it true matt bloomer and simon weaver are best mates?

Two longest serving town players, nowakowski and blooper! Hmmm

A good investigative journalist would know that don't you think j2021?

matt bloomer Empty Re: matt bloomer

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:20 pm

Who cares about playing Family Fortunes.

S.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:22 pm

Me! It's job for the boys and blatant favouritism. You just don't get it do you?
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:37 pm

Personally i'm more bothered that we just beat 2nd place 3-1.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:42 pm

TownUltra wrote:Personally i'm more bothered that we just beat 2nd place 3-1.

Don't worry, we all know that success on the pitch with Simon in charge is a bot too much for some to take.

S.

cyclops 
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:06 pm

Matt and Adam were there when the going was really tough ... every club needs people like that - on and off the paddock.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:12 pm

Waiting for someone to answer my question. Ged?
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:24 pm

So we win 3-1, against a top team...................and all you can think about is pursuing a personal vendetta.
    Says it all, really.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:33 pm

Hold the front page :

"Mates work together at Football Club shock"

S.

Sleep 

Post by Guest Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:22 pm

This could be a massive story wow some friends playing for a none league club what next?
    Weaver out?

Town supporter this is getting old
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:48 pm

I log onto the forum after an impressive 3-1 win against automatic promotion chasers and I find this.....

I just find this whole topic completely irrelevant.

The only way this topic could be brought up was if Matt Bloomer and Adam Nowakowski were being picked every week and still being picked even if they were playing poorly week in week out.

This, however, is not the case.

Matt Bloomer hasn't started for us in the league for weeks so there is no question of favouritism, I actually think, when played this season Bloomer has been fantastic. He has actually being an outstanding servant to the club the last few seasons and deserves respect for that. I think it's actually quite disrespectful that you say he is only picked because he is 'friends' with the manager.

Adam Nowakowski has been a stand out player in the last few weeks for me, he has being vital in a our form since Christmas. Yes, I'm sure he would agree his passing could be improved at times, but his defensive work in that midfield can not be under-estimated. Again very disrespectful to say he is only being picked because he is apparently friends with the manager.

Made my point, will not be commenting any more on this irrelevant topic.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:14 pm

[quote="town supporter"]Waiting for someone to answer my question.  Ged?[/quote

As far as I am aware they are very good friends and given Blooms background as a pro, I would be more confused if Simon hadn't brought him to the club. Only my personal opinion (though it is supported by my daughter in law so it must be right!!!!), but I believe he has been a great servant to the club and loyal to boot - an oft undervalued quality in modern football.

As for Adam, I think we have covered his contribution in various places over the last 12 months - again, my opinion is that he has played well this year and played well today.

Hope this helps - have you been down to see the team since we put the latest run together? Get yourself down and let me buy you a pint before the run comes to an end!!!!! Wink Wink 
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:16 pm

Blooms maybe not the most skilful or dynamic player we have but you can't doubt his commitment to the club for one moment.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:17 pm

j2021 wrote:I log onto the forum after an impressive 3-1 win against automatic promotion chasers and I find this.....

I just find this whole topic completely irrelevant.

The only way this topic could be brought up was if Matt Bloomer and Adam Nowakowski were being picked every week and still being picked even if they were playing poorly week in week out.

This, however, is not the case.

Matt Bloomer hasn't started for us in the league for weeks so there is no question of favouritism, I actually think, when played this season Bloomer has been fantastic. He has actually being an outstanding servant to the club the last few seasons and deserves respect for that.  I think it's actually quite disrespectful that you say he is only picked because he is 'friends' with the manager.

Adam Nowakowski has been a stand out player in the last few weeks for me, he has being vital in a our form since Christmas. Yes, I'm sure he would agree his passing could be improved at times, but his defensive work in that midfield can not be under-estimated. Again very disrespectful to say he is only being picked because he is apparently friends with the manager.

Made my point, will not be commenting any more on this irrelevant topic.

I don't recall mentioning nowakowski. You should get yourself a job with the daily mail with spin like that!

Post by Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:28 pm

This thread is still rubbish to be fair mate. Complete pointless highlighting a friendship at the club

Post by Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:54 pm

town supporter wrote:Is it true matt bloomer and simon weaver are best mates?

Two longest serving town players,  nowakowski and blooper!  Hmmm

So you didn't mention Nowakowski.

S.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:07 pm

gedmaloney wrote:
    town supporter wrote:Waiting for someone to answer my question.  Ged?[/quote

As far as I am aware they are very good friends and given Blooms background as a pro, I would be more confused if Simon hadn't brought him to the club. Only my personal opinion (though it is supported by my daughter in law so it must be right!!!!), but I believe he has been a great servant to the club and loyal to boot - an oft undervalued quality in modern football.

As for Adam, I think we have covered his contribution in various places over the last 12 months - again, my opinion is that he has played well this year and played well today.

Hope this helps - have you been down to see the team since we put the latest run together? Get yourself down and let me buy you a pint before the run comes to an end!!!!! Wink Wink 

No, an uneasiness about the whole setup and a genuine lack of trust in the powers that be has convinced me not to bother. Contemplating a trip down to watch the boston game for old times sake.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:14 pm

town supporter wrote:
    gedmaloney wrote:

No, an uneasiness about the whole setup and a genuine lack of trust in the powers that be has convinced me not to bother. Contemplating a trip down to watch the boston game for old times sake.

I'm sure Town would value your loyal support

Post by Guest Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:15 pm

slicker wrote:
    town supporter wrote:Is it true matt bloomer and simon weaver are best mates?

Two longest serving town players,  nowakowski and blooper!  Hmmm

So you didn't mention Nowakowski.

S.

I've made my point.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:31 pm

town supporter wrote:
    gedmaloney wrote:

Whilst understanding that there is absolutely nothing the present management team can do that would change your point of view TS, I would give you one piece of advice. Try talking to players who have been at other clubs to get a first hand account of whether we are a club who operate with integrity.
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:59 pm

Don't waste your time, Ged, TS only cares about lashing out out at the Weaver family.
    Ridiculous, stupid and pointless. Any possible legitimate criticism TS may have of the club or players is completely de-valued by his idiotic persistent vilification of anyone called Weaver.
    Only my opinion, of course!
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:04 pm

By the way - if you don't come to games any more - change your name from Town Supporter to Town Knocker!
    Just my opinion!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:29 am

I used to quite enjoy TS's contributions, but now becoming just silly. Matt Bloomer did excellently when he played, rather tough to be left out now, but you can only play XI! He has been a great team player the last few years, hope we sign him next year, friendship or not. I've had doubts about Adam N before but he has been excellent this season, fully deserves his current place in the team.

TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:27 pm

Agreed, lucky to have both. Adam has been excellent this season, Bloomer sits there happily on the bench and gives it everything when he plays, a loyal servant. They don't deserve this.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:07 am

I have been a fervant critic of them both in the past, but they have shown me that they are good enough this season, especially Adam. I'm so impressed with him, and I am happy he is proving me wrong.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:15 pm