Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
trevdee
TownUltra
TheNeil29
Dark Knight
8 posters

Town v Stalybridge Sat 11th Jan 2014 3pm

Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Town v Stalybridge Sat 11th Jan 2014 3pm Empty Town v Stalybridge Sat 11th Jan 2014 3pm

Post by Dark Knight Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:05 am

Stalybridge form guide:

Stalybridge 1 Barrow 3
    Solihull 3 Stalybridge 3
    Stalybridge 0 Altrincham 5
    Stalybridge 2 Colwyn Bay 3
    Altrincham 5 Stalybridge 0
    Stalybridge 3 Boston 3
    Hednesford 4 Stalybridge 1

Even Worcester City beat these chumps on their own patch not that long ago. Mind you Worcester beat us recently too so maybe that's not saying much. But anyway after tonight's incredible victory against World Champions Leeds United in the Local Yokel Bragging Rights For The Next Ten Years Cup final there can surely be only one result at the weekend.

If we don't beat these everyone should be lined up and shot...or at the very least be publicly stripped naked and flogged by Town Ultra on The Stray.

Cool
    TheNeil29

Town v Stalybridge Sat 11th Jan 2014 3pm Empty Re: Town v Stalybridge Sat 11th Jan 2014 3pm

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:12 am

I think we will get 3 points from this, and I think it will be a comfortable scoreline.

I'm going with 3-1 Town.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Town v Stalybridge Sat 11th Jan 2014 3pm Empty Re: Town v Stalybridge Sat 11th Jan 2014 3pm

Post by Dark Knight Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:32 am

TheNeil29 wrote:I think we will get 3 points from this, and I think it will be a comfortable scoreline.

I'm going with 3-1 Town.
    I'm going to really go out on a limb here and predict a 6-0 win for Town.  Shocked 
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:32 am

Town should win this one. Revenge needed for Craig-gate. No game is easy, but Town home form is pretty good. Take the chances today and we win. Simples...?

Post by Guest Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:59 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    TheNeil29 wrote:I think we will get 3 points from this, and I think it will be a comfortable scoreline.

I'm going with 3-1 Town.
    I'm going to really go out on a limb here and predict a 6-0 win for Town.   Shocked 

I agree with DK.

ITS ABOUT TIME WE GAVE SOMEONE A SPANKING.

S.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:44 pm

Finally we've won a ugly game of football get in enough said
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:58 pm

Yep funny how we struggle against crap teams......but at least we struggled and won, lets hope this sparks a long lasting winning streak.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:02 pm

Hope we play better than this we where awfull a good side would have beaten us easy today, wheres our midfield? where was the fluent football we can play Hall spent more time on the wing, where where the wingers? we missed Woods big time, hanging on for a win at the end against a poor side
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:08 pm

Credit to Adam for getting MOM today - he tried really hard - but I thought Killer had a great game. Thanks goodness we have him. Should form a great partnership with Matt Heath who had another good, solid game.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:36 pm

A win is a win. The rot has stopped. People can go on about we were crap, we struggled, midfield went missing etc etc....the simple fact is its 3 points. Hopefully we can get on another run now.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:20 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:A win is a win. The rot has stopped. People can go on about we were crap, we struggled, midfield went missing etc etc....the simple fact is its 3 points. Hopefully we can get on another run now.

i am happy you are satisfied we scrapped a win at home to a less than average side,and if their number 9 had stayed on it could have been a different result you could tell by the crowd who where very quite all the game that we where not playing well, but like you say it's 3 points but looking at the bigger picture if we had played any team above us things could have been different, i am just glad we played a poor side to enable us to stop the slump,
    by the way WE STILL NEED A STRIKER Hall took his goal well but i am not impressed by the other strikers we have and i thought young Adam deserved man of match
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:04 am

Yes I agree, we need a 25-30 goal a season striker if we want to be a nail on top 5 / league winning team.

Still, strangely satisfying to be below par but still get over the line. I think Heath gives the on field discipline and mental leadership that maybe they were missing at the back since White went, you feel we have been missing that- we were extremely solid last season, you need somebody to marshall the defence.

Hard game next week Leamington in good form at home, beaten Brackley ans Hednesford at home in recent weeks, held Solihull away yesterday, although just lost their striker.

Town away form not great. We will need to turn up.

COME ON TOWN
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:11 pm

TownUltra wrote:Yes I agree, we need a 25-30 goal a season striker if we want to be a nail on top 5 / league winning team.

Still, strangely satisfying to be below par but still get over the line. I think Heath gives the on field discipline and mental leadership that maybe they were missing at the back since White went, you feel we have been missing that- we were extremely solid last season, you need somebody to marshall the defence.

Hard game next week Leamington in good form at home, beaten Brackley ans Hednesford at home in recent weeks, held Solihull away yesterday, although just lost their striker.

Town away form not great. We will need to turn up.

COME ON TOWN

Would agree TU - Heath looks a real asset and constantly organising defence and midfield will tighten things up at the back. But the elusive goal poacher! Can one of the present forwards step up to the plate as this will define the rest of the season? - I hope so but feel that play off requires that we are now in a situation where we need to win games like Leamington, difficult though it will be. Number of players close to return from injury and Adam Boulder back from suspension - fingers crossed cheers  cheers  cheers 
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:39 pm

I think we have some good forwards Ged, who work their socks off, can they step up? Maybe, but if we could sign the new 'Holland' type player that you know is guaranteed to take certain chances when they present themselves then for me we will consistently win games and be in a great position to get what we all want. Worsfold is becoming an important player, be great to have him back, Hardy needs another season or two maybe, has a lot of potential. Hall a great target man with good link up- maybe not the poacher instinctive finisher needs a partner, Cartman i need to see more of. I still think though we need another forward, but I know that's difficult to find, especially midway through the season.

Anybody know the extent of Brown injury?
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:48 am

Yes a poor game, but I'll take the 3 points any day over a thrilling, exciting 2-1 defeat! Frustrating to see the ball constantly punted upfield to no great effect, but still the win is what matters.
    We are still just about in the play off race, 7 points off the 5th spot. But we need now to go on a winning run to make those points up: Leamington will be tough but a good test of our play off credentials, please lets not subside to another Worcester 1-0 defeat.

And yes we Do need that striker, hope Simon and Irving are 'working the phones' this week!
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:35 am

paulstreet wrote:
    We are still just about in the play off race, 7 points off the 5th spot. But we need now to go on a winning run to make those points up: Leamington will be tough but a good test of our play off credentials  
    Got to beat both them and BPA otherwise we can forget the playoffs. The run of fixtures we have after the Ossett Albion game, let's call it Colwyn Bay to Colwyn Bay, looks like a minefield and will probably kill us off unfortunately. Unless of course we finally break from the norm...
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:59 am

One out of two done...now for BPA on Saturday. Still in it, guys.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:15 am