Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Stalybridge v Town

sulphurite
    sulphurite

Stalybridge v Town Empty Stalybridge v Town

Post by sulphurite Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:04 pm

Does anybody know if the game is being broadcast on the radio this evening?

I will be stuck at work so could do with some means of coverage from the match.

Also, predictions anyone? I will go for 1-1 (but hope for a win)

Cheers
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Stalybridge v Town Empty Re: Stalybridge v Town

Post by JackHTFC Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Taken from the Radio commentators twitter page:
    At bower fold this evening from 7 with updates of town v stalybridge. 103.7/104.3 fm or 666mw.

I think 666MW is the best as it does live match coverage. Not sure about the other two!
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:38 pm

Team:

Mark Cook
    Matt Bloomer
    Craig Radcliffe
    Laurie Wilson
    Adam Nowakowski
    Jake Picton
    Peter Bore
    Ian Ross
    Paul Brayson
    Callum Hassan
    Stephen Turnbull

Lee Elam
    Richard Pell
    Paul Heckingbottom
    Michael Tait
    Liam Hardy
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:42 pm

Bore is playing!
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:05 pm

Found this on the Stalybridge site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:25 pm

Final score 3-2
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:13 pm

What a sickener, but I guess after Saturday we cannot complain TOO much! Didn't go in the end. Good to see that we plainly have fight back qualities this season, and 5 goals in 2 games is promising: bit worried about the defence (which should be our strongest feature) conceding 5 as well (and no penalties). We seem to have a squad of 21 players now, some people are going to be unhappy fairly soon: Wright, Allan not even on the bench, and Pell is surely gonna want to play regularly. Bore would seem like a good signing and apparently Elam played well. Maybe we can extend Hassan's loan.

Amazing how the game almost exactly mirrored Saturday's in reverse: We were 2 up, they pulled back to 2-2, we scored almost at the very end. Last night: they were 2 up, we fought back to 2-2, and they won it at the death. Interesting to speculate the odds on that.

By the way I will be keeping a running total this season: Brayson v Armstrong. Score at the moment

Brayson 3
    Armstrong 1

So far so good!
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:41 pm

paulstreet wrote:What a sickener, but I guess after Saturday we cannot complain TOO much! Didn't go in the end. Good to see that we plainly have fight back qualities this season, and 5 goals in 2 games is promising: bit worried about the defence (which should be our strongest feature) conceding 5 as well (and no penalties). We seem to have a squad of 21 players now, some people are going to be unhappy fairly soon: Wright, Allan not even on the bench, and Pell is surely gonna want to play regularly. Bore would seem like a good signing and apparently Elam played well. Maybe we can extend Hassan's loan.

Amazing how the game almost exactly mirrored Saturday's in reverse: We were 2 up, they pulled back to 2-2, we scored almost at the very end. Last night: they were 2 up, we fought back to 2-2, and they won it at the death. Interesting to speculate the odds on that.

By the way I will be keeping a running total this season: Brayson v Armstrong. Score at the moment

Brayson 3
    Armstrong 1

So far so good!

Well my celebration when I saw that equaliaser go in was like we'd won the FA Cup! I'm a bit unsure with the decision of the free kick that led up to Stalybridge's third.
    Wasnt it only a few weeks ago that we were saying we'll be good at the back but might lack goals.
    Hassan looks a good player and if were lucky enough we may get him for the whole season.
    Has wright signed a contract?
    Anyways roll on Hinckley, Greg Wright is avalible to play in that game. Who is Will Turl?
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:02 pm

Poor 1st half performance! Sad
    Centre half pairing needs sorting over next few games!
    We really need to tighten up defensively as a team, that’s attack, midfield as well as the defence!
    Mobility of midfield a worry pre-season & still is!
    Its still early days but some tight boring games & a few clean sheets over the next few games will likely bring in more points!
    Our goal per chance ratio is pretty high! Very Happy
    Stalybridge looked a decent side & their policy of playing young players who are full time “looks” to be starting to bear fruit for this level!
    20 Town fans made the trip & the young lads behind the goal gave it a go!
    Bringing back the support from the “good old days” could be an important part of the equation this season!

Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:15 pm

Look who missed a penalty!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Laughing
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:27 am

Oh dear! Poor old Armstrong...tee hee.
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Match highlights
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:23 pm

Just seen this. Our two goals very well taken (Hassan looks promising), not sure the ball was over the line for their second, mind you I'm biased!
    j2021

Post by j2021 Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:41 pm

Good game by the look of it, pity about the result in the end though, Turnbull showed his desire to win by punching the floor a number of times after the goal, shows how much it means to the lads,
    Cracking strike from hassan though, and Brayson decent finish , looks like a good partnership up front, would maybe like to see Pell slot back into he defence though Razz
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:52 pm

Big Lundy wrote:Look who missed a penalty!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Laughing

At Blyth Armstrong is playing winger and Phillips striker according to my app

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:59 pm

After a bright first 10 minutes, we were on the back foot mainly because every shot they had on goal made our keeper work, whereas our shooting was woeful other than a free kick that was tipped over by their keeper.

Different game in the second half after the substitutions. After the disappointment of conceding just on 45 mins then a keeping error (if you believe the linesman) right at the start of the second half, I thought we got it together and honestly thought we would go on to win when we got the equaliser. They started playing it long and we snuffed them out, then broke well.

How on earth the ref gave a free kick when our men put his leg out, got the ball then their player fell over, is beyond me. Real sickener to see the free kick then lead to the goal, then the ref blew as soon as we kicked off again.

Still, I suppose it was payback for saturday. We look a lot better when we play the ball in to feet at front as Brayson is lively and Hassan holds it up well. When we launched it they simply let Hassan win the first ball and picked up the pieces. On the floor though was a different matter.

I know that the lads were disappointed to lose that way, but they could have come over to the town fans clustered opposite the dug out to show their appreciation for us making the trip and offering a bit of noise. We were p****d off as well !

S.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:37 am