Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
sulphurite
rangerider
6 posters

Town v Stalybridge

rangerider
    rangerider

Town v Stalybridge Empty Town v Stalybridge

Post by rangerider Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:56 pm

Goalkeeper sent off 11 mins no goalkeeper on bench Evil or Very Mad this has got to be a joke
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Town v Stalybridge Empty Re: Town v Stalybridge

Post by sulphurite Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:57 pm

Any score? Website doesnt seem to be updating!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:47 pm

I can't believe Weaver has played Bloomer out of position for 3 seasons!!!!!! Quality performance by him in goal and a great reflex save.

Have to question Veiga, I know the back pass was a shocker but you either go or stay, not hesitate and to be fair I would rather of seen them score. I was chuft to bits when I saw Samuels at right midfield, just a shame he had to play right back after the incident.

Think all of the players put in a good shift today, White looked a bit off colour but everyone has an off day.....Larkin, Killock,Elam, Woods and Bloomer had a great game...Clayton needs to work on pace, unsure about the young lad from Railway, perhaps came on in difficult circumstances.

They were shocking, and with our strongest 11 would have beat them a good few nil.

Loved the Woods run from own box in second half, shame it wasn't capped with a 30 yard screamer for goal of the century!!!
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:10 pm

Nearly 80 minutes with 10 men having played Tuesday & Thursday last week!!!!
    Shocked
    It’s been a tough few weeks for the players & at this level it was always going to affect your results!

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:46 am

Tought Town did really well Saturday, dominated the game (erxcept for last few minutes) throughout despite having 10 men. Good to see the committment in the last 2 games. Very impressed with Larkin, hope we keep him next season. Don't think he is likely to be a regular scorer, but if we can get two quality goalscorers in, he will be great goal provider. Good to see Woods starting to show his real qualities now, but i though everyone did their bit. Good stuff.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:51 am

Nice summing up from Trev. If it's ok,I'll add a few comments (even if it's not ok, I'm going to do that anyway)

trevdee wrote:I can't believe Weaver has played Bloomer out of position for 3 seasons!!!!!! Quality performance by him in goal and a great reflex save.
    Yes, he surprised me too. Genuinely. It's always dangerous to not have a reserve goalkeeper on the bench, but then again how many times in a season do you need one? Interesting that Craig was there but not on the bench.

trevdee wrote:Have to question Veiga, I know the back pass was a shocker but you either go or stay, not hesitate and to be fair I would rather of seen them score.
    The backpass was a shocker. I reckon Mr Reliable will be having nightmares about that for some time. I don't think Jose had much option. He was expecting a better pass than that, but by the time we had all realised what was happening, it was too late. Take your point about being better to have seen them score though. As long as we had come back to win it that is.

But was it a handball? If it was then there was no doubt it was a sending off, but I don't think it WAS handball. From where I sat Jose had turned his body in natural defence against the ball being hit at him and it struck his arm. On one of the matches on MOTD that evening, I saw the same thing happen to a defender and the ref waved it away.

trevdee wrote:I was chuft to bits when I saw Samuels at right midfield, just a shame he had to play right back after the incident.
    You and me both. I'd start with Nowalowski at right back - which I think is his natural position (there's controversial for you) and Samuels in front of him.

trevdee wrote:Think all of the players put in a good shift today, White looked a bit off colour but everyone has an off day.....
    True (even Nowalowski eh Wink ). But he seemed particularly out of it today. Nowhere near his usual standard.

trevdee wrote:Larkin, Killock,Elam, Woods and Bloomer had a great game
    Disagree about Killock who I also thought was below par (but again, he sets himself a very high standard). Didn't think Woods was quite as good as on Thursday either.....However while I was about to criticise him for running in to blind alleys, I think in a lot of cases he couldn't help it as there was no-one ready to take the ball from him once he'd done his bit.

trevdee wrote:They were shocking, and with our strongest 11 would have beat them a good few nil.
    I don't think I'd say shocking. Poor yes and with 11 on the field I think we'd have cruised it. As it was I reckon we could have won if we'd been prepared to gamble a bit more and play 3-4-2. That guy of their's (Prince something or other) who went off injured was a pain with his constant fouling. I think the ref would have eventually sent him off if he'd stayed on (if you see what I mean).

trevdee wrote:Loved the Woods run from own box in second half, shame it wasn't capped with a 30 yard screamer for goal of the century!!!
    I was willing him to take a pot shot too as I think it would have gone in after they backed off him for so long Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:24 pm