Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+6
TheNeil29
gedmaloney
paulstreet
Innocent Bystander
TownUltra
Big Lundy
10 posters

TOWN on TOUR! Bradford Park Avenue F.A. Trophy

rangerider
    rangerider

TOWN on TOUR! Bradford Park Avenue F.A. Trophy - Page 2 Empty Re: TOWN on TOUR! Bradford Park Avenue F.A. Trophy

Post by rangerider Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:57 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

TOWN on TOUR! Bradford Park Avenue F.A. Trophy - Page 2 Empty Re: TOWN on TOUR! Bradford Park Avenue F.A. Trophy

Post by TownUltra Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:38 pm

I wouldn't get too excited about BPA.

a) They had 189 fans at a major cup competition last night. That's shocking, that guy is probably the only person on the BPA forum / fan.
    b) They went bust- if we are 'moneybags' then at least we know how to hold money in a bag.
    c) Deacey looks like the guy from Chuckle bros.
    d) He's still playing Chib on the right wing- it's not his position.
    e) Win our game in hand and we'll be above them in the league.
    f) Deacey wanted Naidole who was dual registered with BPA and Brighouse to come to play for them but Naidole refused, same happened when they tried to extend Swain and lost him to Guiseley. Seems extremely strange.
    g) I'd probably have been able to score a hattrick lastnight v Town, we had one first choice defender playing out of position at centreback. How realistically could we ever win that game.
    h) I bet BPA are paying as much if not more for their players like Boshell, Davidson, etc that we would be.
    i) BPA can kiss my rectum, I'll look forward to the 6 league points we take off them.
    j) If Franks hadn't have got injured we would have won the tie comfortably.
    k) Dark Knight can you play centre back? Rangerider can play roving wingback, I'll play stopper.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:52 am

TownUltra wrote:
    k) Dark Knight can you play centre back?
    I can actually, although I suspect even Jack Charlton would beat me over 10 yards these days!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:03 am

TownUltra wrote:I wouldn't get too excited about BPA.

a) They had 189 fans at a major cup competition last night. That's shocking, that guy is probably the only person on the BPA forum / fan.
    b) They went bust- if we are 'moneybags' then at least we know how to hold money in a bag.
    c) Deacey looks like the guy from Chuckle bros.
    d) He's still playing Chib on the right wing- it's not his position.
    e) Win our game in hand and we'll be above them in the league.
    f) Deacey wanted Naidole who was dual registered with BPA and Brighouse to come to play for them but Naidole refused, same happened when they tried to extend Swain and lost him to Guiseley. Seems extremely strange.
    g) I'd probably have been able to score a hattrick lastnight v Town, we had one first choice defender playing out of position at centreback. How realistically could we ever win that game.
    h) I bet BPA are paying as much if not more for their players like Boshell, Davidson, etc that we would be.
    i) BPA can kiss my rectum, I'll look forward to the 6 league points we take off them.
    j) If Franks hadn't have got injured we would have won the tie comfortably.
    k) Dark Knight can you play centre back? Rangerider can play roving wingback, I'll play stopper.
    I have to say the majority of what you write here is a load of rubbish.

I will pick on a couple of points,ask any town fan and they would welcome in Deacey with open arms (probably if it meant Irving buggered off too). If that tie had been at home on Monday I wouldn't see us getting much past 200. Chib looked very dangerous in both games, plus the county cup (he looked like a lamb in headlights for us, probably says something about Deacey's skills). I wouldn't get too excited about us jumping ahead of them in the league, we will probably struggle away to Workington.

Based on what I have seen over 3 games I actually think BPA have a better team and manager full stop, or if their team isn't as good, Deacey is getting them to play over and above expectations.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:07 pm

Certainly makes the next few games crucial, if we are to have any kind of season to look forward to now. 'This is our season'...to get knocked out of the FA Cup and FA Trophy early doors and to finish (possibly) 8th! God knows what it would be if it wasn't our season Smile 

Maybe go easy on the slogans next August guys.

I think Simon is improving as a manager, but every time we think he has 'turned a corner', he goes into reverse! Trouble is as long as IW is our owner we will never have the chance to see what another manager could do...so frustrating.

We can use the injuries as an excuse if you want, but we should have won Saturday, and it was still a pretty strong team Monday night, cerainly a team that should not have lost 4-0.
    How we 'bounce back' Saturday now vital, I would suggest 4 points out of 6 needed to keep in (realistic) touch with the play off places.

We can STILL rescue something from this season, but the moment of truth is fast approaching.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:53 pm

Reading our managers comments on Mondays match he seems to be blaming every man and his dog for the inept showing against BPA who could have doubled their score, its clear to see that most of the players he signed are not good enough,he needs to have a clear out of the under performers and stop shopping at Poundland while our rivals shop at Marks & Spencer, its SOS time (Save Our Season)

trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:59 pm

Completely agree, usual story from Simon and there are a number of players not up to scratch. Where do I start, the strikers perhaps. Hall is completely out of his depth these days, showed promise in pre-season but since then he appears to have lost his appetite and therefore the appreciation I had for him has disappeared. He can't hold the ball up, is struggling to win headers (bar the goal last sat) against smaller centre backs, he doesn't chase as much as he did and the worse part is that he blatantly can not shoot for ****..He hesitates far too much, he had a glorious chance on Monday 8 yards out, the ball dropped to him, just the keeper to beat and rather than smash the ball he hesitated and after a few fumbles didn't even shoot in the end, I just thought typical! Hardy is ok but he isn't enough to get us into the playoffs and Beesley may as well head back to Railway.

Midfield should have been our strongest asset but it is looking really bog standard, lets be honest Brown hasn't exactly set the world on fire and Bolder hasn't got the stamina to play at his peak for 90 mins. I actually think our best central midfielder this season has been Adam Nowakowski but then he is still limited in terms of distribution and drive.
    Up to now every player has delivered bit part performances, we have had hardly any fluidity all season, there hasn't been a game I have left where I thought every single player played well for 90mins.

I also feel that the squad is playing worse than when we escaped relegation a few seasons back at Corby. In the second half of that season we were playing some lovely flowing football, yes we didn't have the best players on paper but at least they played as a unit and made it difficult for opposing teams.

Where do we go from here? Haven't got a clue, just let them get on with it and keep coming away feeling bored.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:02 pm

And that is me just stating how it is.....I have actually got the point where I just turn up on a sat expecting the same old, and saying to myself what will be, will be. But I do live in hope that one day Simon will bump his head, knock himself out and wake up with some managerial talent.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:35 pm

trevdee wrote:And that is me just stating how it is.....I have actually got the point where I just turn up on a sat expecting the same old, and saying to myself what will be, will be. But I do live in hope that one day Simon will bump his head, knock himself out and wake up with some managerial talent.
    you have more chance of getting your chips back trevdee
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:33 am

trevdee wrote: But I do live in hope that one day Simon will bump his head, knock himself out and wake up with some managerial talent.
    rangerider wrote:you have more chance of getting your chips back trevdee
    Now now chaps, Simon has got his UEFA 'A' coaching badge now don't you know...
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:07 am

Dark Knight wrote:
    trevdee wrote: But I do live in hope that one day Simon will bump his head, knock himself out and wake up with some managerial talent.
    rangerider wrote:you have more chance of getting your chips back trevdee
    Now now chaps, Simon has got his UEFA 'A' coaching badge now don't you know...
    and there was i worrying now i can have a good nights sleep Sleep 
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:40 am

Well, hopefully, he will take his UEFA 'A' Coaching badge somewhere else, with daddy's money, because if we do not get into the playoffs this season, serious questions will be asked.

I would rather support Harrogate Town being 2/3 divisions down, with an unbiased Chairman, than the current status quo.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:23 pm

Cheer up lads, the under 17's and under 19's are winning, mind you Simon Weaver is not responsible for them...could there possibly be a link Smile 
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:59 pm

Trev- I appreciate you're a die hard Town fan that watches the team home and away, but think you might be seeing things through Deacey tinted sunglasses judging by your last comment you addressed at me.

Chib was dangerous? He had guilt edge chances to score in the first leg to win the game and didn't take them- nothing has changed. Don't get me wrong I love the guy, but he couldn't hit a very large barn door with the a record breaking sized banjo.

We wouldn't think we'd get much more than 200 people for an FA Trophy replay against a local rival team (who you'd expect would bring 30 or so fans)- I think you have been chip deprived for too long and are now becoming numerically delirious. We'd get at least 300 absolute minimum. BPA have the whole of Bradford catchment area, plus a league background and they get 189 fans- that is a steaming pile of poo. Sorry BPA fans out there, but it is.

Any Town fan would welcome Deacey with open arms even if Irving buggered off? Talk to me about Deacey managerial achievements? I don't see it. No disrespect but I don't see him as the messiah. Chuckle Chuckle Vision, Chuckle Vision, Chuckle Chuckle Vision- in a nice way. Remember he also plays his son- I hate nepotism!

Neil- Personally i can't think of anything worse than going back to a league with the likes of Curzon Ashton, Rossendale, Congleton, Leigh RMI , Atherton LR type teams infront of 150-200 people watching your team get rolled over week after week, please never again. I actually think we are doing pretty well being in the conference north at the moment given our history, it's the highest league equivalent we have ever been in. Can't we just enjoy being semi-decent. Yes I'd love promotion but can take solace in watching the likes of Telford, Boston, Alty, Stockport all visiting the CNG. It's a real pleasure for me and we sometimes win as well which is good.

DK let's get this defensive partnership started!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:50 pm

I do enjoy us being kind-of decent. But with the infrastructure, and quality we have. The current situation is totally unacceptable. Simon knows it, Irving knows it, Macca knows it and the squad knows it as well.

I would rather us take 2 steps back, in order to take a few forward.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Going down a league or two? you have to be joking i want to go up a league or two, if i wanted to see inferior teams playing dire football every week i would watch Railway or Knaresborough i cannot understand anyone who would rather watch teams in those leagues week after week have you no ambition? i think this is why we have been in the wastland of football for decades and decades people now want success not stand around with the odd 50 people who might turn up in those leagues if the weathers good, i know Harrogate has never been a football town now i understand why, !!drop down a league or two gees!!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:50 pm

Well, we arent going to go up a League or two while Weaver is in charge.

I would rather support a club, with an unbiased Chairman.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:29 pm

Neil , i'm going to start a football team called Dark Knight Ultra Range Rovers , we're going to play in the Wetherby and district 4th. I can even give you a player / supporter role.

Team:

Big Lundy GK
    A1 Drifter RB
    Slicker LB
    Town Ultra Stopper
    DK CB
    Range Rider Inside Left
    Neil Player / Supporter Holding Role
    Innocent Bystander AM
    Town Supporter Chib Role
    Paul Street False 9
    Trev Dee In the hole

'v'- We'd still beat Railway.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:46 pm

Wrong position unfortunately. I played as a LB and was the emergency GK.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:17 pm

Hope we don't end up like this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:27 am

I will end up doing if the squad doesnt achieve something this season.
    V'
    V'

Post by V' Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:27 pm

TownUltra wrote:Neil , i'm going to start a football team called Dark Knight Ultra Range Rovers , we're going to play in the Wetherby and district 4th. I can even give you a player / supporter role.

Team:

Big Lundy GK
    A1 Drifter RB
    Slicker LB
    Town Ultra Stopper
    DK CB
    Range Rider Inside Left
    Neil Player / Supporter Holding Role
    Innocent Bystander AM
    Town Supporter Chib Role
    Paul Street False 9
    Trev Dee In the hole

'v'- We'd still beat Railway.
    Railway Ladies team, maybe!!!!!!!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:22 am

And I've got (half) the kit already! Complete with sponsors logo !!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:30 pm