Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+6
TheNeil29
gedmaloney
paulstreet
Innocent Bystander
TownUltra
Big Lundy
10 posters

TOWN on TOUR! Bradford Park Avenue F.A. Trophy

Big Lundy

TOWN on TOUR! Bradford Park Avenue F.A. Trophy Empty TOWN on TOUR! Bradford Park Avenue F.A. Trophy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:27 am

TOWN on TOUR!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bradford Park Avenue (Away) F.A. Trophy 3rd qualifying Round Replay
    Mon 18th Nov 2013 K.O. 7:45pm

Predictions:

Contacts/Directions:

Where to eat & drink:

Prices:
    Adults £11
    Senior Citizens £7
    Under 16’s £2

History:

Ground:
    Horsfall Stadium
    Capacity 5,000 of which 1,247 are seated & 2,000 are covered
    Record Attendance 2,100 v Bristol City F.A Cup 1st Round Proper 09/11/03 L5-2

Last competitive match @ Bradford Park Avenue
    04/11/13 West Riding County Cup 2nd Round
    Bradford Park Avenue 0 TOWN 1 (Nelthorpe)
    Att 106

Terrace Talk:

Bradford Park Avenue Forum:

Live match coverage:

bounce 

Last edited by Big Lundy on Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:55 am; edited 3 times in total
    Big Lundy

TOWN on TOUR! Bradford Park Avenue F.A. Trophy Empty Re: TOWN on TOUR! Bradford Park Avenue F.A. Trophy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:30 am

It’s the same for both sides & allotment holders!!!
    Shocked
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

TOWN on TOUR! Bradford Park Avenue F.A. Trophy Empty Re: TOWN on TOUR! Bradford Park Avenue F.A. Trophy

Post by TownUltra Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:22 pm

I'd love it if we won this match, love it.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:41 am

Good luck tonight everyone .... a 6 match unbeaten run has turned around the rough patch and i am sure there will be a fantastic spirit among the group for this one
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:23 am

That photograph reminds me of similar scenes last season! Good to see other people suffering as well! Wonder if the game will go ahead if more rain falls?
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:38 pm

Kidderminster @ home?
    Our Trophy record over the years has been pretty poor!
    Crying or Very sad 
    We had a good day out at Doncaster Rovers one season & could have had a trip to Stevenage Borough but we lost our replay against Leigh RMI!
    Remember being at Leigh when this goal was scored against us!
    Shocked
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:39 pm

Big Lundy wrote:Kidderminster @ home?
    Our Trophy record over the years has been pretty poor!
    Crying or Very sad 
    We had a good day out at Doncaster Rovers one season & could have had a trip to Stevenage Borough but we lost our replay against Leigh RMI!
    Remember being at Leigh when this goal was scored against us!
    Shocked

Great draw for whoever goes through - don't wish to tempt fate!!!! Kidderminster 2nd top in the Conference with big support - would be a great day - I'm off to church;) Wink Wink 
    Cum on Town:cheers: cheers 
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:01 pm

I'm joining you Ged! Crikey, what a draw. We have GOT (repeat) GOT to win tonight now. No ifs or buts...get the job done lads. Mind you if we win I risk getting into agro, as I have arranged a trip to Liverpool that day...my friend will just have to take a rain check I'm afraid...I aint missing that one.

COME ON TOWN, lets see those Harriers at the CNG!!!
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:13 pm

Live coverage of the game is on bcb radio [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] tonight, if you can't get to the game and can take a Bradford bias (but funny) commentary.

It's going to be tough for us. Our defence is stretched to the max. But anything is possible.

COME ON TOWN!!
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:09 pm

or rob wilson on radio york 666mw

Post by Guest Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:17 pm

Are you able to get that online TownUltra?

1-0 down:-(
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:41 pm

no not Rob Wilson that Ive been able to find. Ive been listening to Bradford Radio. 2 nil BPA at the break, you feel with 2 fit defenders its a struggle. They're playing 3 at the back though so nick a goal and its back on.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:23 pm

Make that 3-0. No Kidderminster for us in the next round. Hope they enjoy crowds of 200 for midweek home games. Out of cups (will be soon) not going to get into the playoffs. No chance of going up. So much for 'our season'. And I'm not doom and gloom, but it's the truth. Pure and Simple.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:31 pm

4-0 Bradford.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:44 pm

4-0 to Bradford it finished. I'm not going to harp on it, but that was officially the end of our season. Mid table obscurity awaits. I actually feel sorry for Irving. Lets see how deep your pockets are now.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:52 pm

Haha you take it too seriously Neil, it's just a game.

Yeah tonight was abysmal, the pitch was muddy, the chips were even muddier but imagine been a BPA fan and having to endure the dross on that pitch every week because no team can play nice football on it...think I would slit my wrists!!!!

Admittedly every single player put in a woeful performance and like last year against Hastings, the game should have been put to bed at our ground - enough said really.

We wouldn't have beaten Kidderminster anyway.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:32 am

What is to say we wouldnt have beaten Kidderminster at home? We beat Torquay away, so it can be done.

It would have also got a really decent attendance (1000+), and put some money in the clubs' coffers, but that wont be happening now.

I didnt go to the game last night, so its not for me to pass judgement on how we played, but if we lost 4-0, my consensus is that we didnt play well at all.

Let me put it to you like this Trevdee. I look at the fixtures now, and I pick out one in particular, Guiseley on Thursday 26th December. How many fans do you think will want to come out, in the middle of december, on a public holiday (boxing day) when we have nothing to play for apart from a mid-table league position? We will be lucky to get 300, and 100 of them will be Guiseley fans.

For a club of our stature, our playing staff and the quality of staff within the club throuhout all the teams, it is totally unacceptable to be in this current predicament.

The recent run has given me some hope that we can maybe try and push for the playoffs, but I dont see how we are going to break into that Top 6.

I will obviously still be attending all the games I possibly can, but I am extremely disappointed in Simon, Macca and the current playing staff for us being in this situation, because ultimately, they all carry the can.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:29 am

I think the attendances have held up quite well of late and there should be decent gates for Altrincham and Gloucester in December. So if we get some good results then who knows?

Disappointing to go out of course but at least there are no major distractions now which makes assessing the whole situation much more straightforward. For everybody.

On the whole I'm still feeling more positive than I was 5 or 6 weeks ago.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:51 am

TheNeil29 wrote:What is to say we wouldnt have beaten Kidderminster at home? We beat Torquay away, so it can be done.

It would have also got a really decent attendance (1000+), and put some money in the clubs' coffers, but that wont be happening now.

I didnt go to the game last night, so its not for me to pass judgement on how we played, but if we lost 4-0, my consensus is that we didnt play well at all.

Let me put it to you like this Trevdee. I look at the fixtures now, and I pick out one in particular, Guiseley on Thursday 26th December. How many fans do you think will want to come out, in the middle of december, on a public holiday (boxing day) when we have nothing to play for apart from a mid-table league position? We will be lucky to get 300, and 100 of them will be Guiseley fans.

For a club of our stature, our playing staff and the quality of staff within the club throuhout all the teams, it is totally unacceptable to be in this current predicament.

The recent run has given me some hope that we can maybe try and push for the playoffs, but I dont see how we are going to break into that Top 6.

I will obviously still be attending all the games I possibly can, but I am extremely disappointed in Simon, Macca and the current playing staff for us being in this situation, because ultimately, they all carry the can.
    I don't think last night was a disaster compared to what it will be if we lose the next couple of league games. We had a makeshift team out there last night, Merris at centre back, the young lad metcalf up against a physically strong midfield...they were physically stronger and actually our strongest 11 would have struggled on that pitch against the way BPA played. The 2nd goal came by the way of a very very soft penalty decision and after that there was no coming back apart from throwing guys forward so holes opened up against a depleted defence. To be fair the ref seemed to have it in against us, but not surprising given how much grief he got from Merris.

Riding high in the league or a 2nd round plush tie in the FA Cup will bring in the crowds, unfortunately we are out of the FA Cup so a nice clean good run in the league must be the priority now....Even forget the county cup, lets get our players fit and get it together for the 2nd half of the season. I still think that we can make a surge to the playoffs but certain players need to hit some form.

And to be frank, I couldn't care less about the competition income, it doesn't really mean much to me whether Weaver has a club kitty to dip into or whether he dips into his own pocket...We will let his accountant worry about that aspect.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:31 am

Desperately disappointing, why do we (almost) always lose the big games (there are exceptions, I know). Hastings last season (which should have been a virtual 'free pass'' into the 3rd round of the FA Cup...just imagine that!), Colwyn Bay this year (victory there would have opened up a series of home draws and another possible FA Cup run), and now last night. OK the Harriers would probably have won, but what an afternoon we would have had, and a 12 day build up as well. a 1000 plus crowd at the CNG, excitement, atmosphere, press coverage...all gone.).

Not the end of the world of course (and at least I get to have my day in Liverpool!), but I'm massivly disappointed.

Please don't give me the old 'we can concentrate on the league' guff. Fact is getting into the play offs is going to be incredibly difficult. I dont think our season is quite over yet, but a couple more defeats and it will effectively be.

We should have done the job Saturday, of course (as with the Hastings game), but it will take me a few days to get over this one. Sad Sad 
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:13 pm

Saying our prayers didn't help Ged!
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:34 pm

paulstreet wrote:
    Please don't give me the old 'we can concentrate on the league' guff.
    Well I see it as a positive, not least because there are no hiding places left for ANYBODY.

There can be no excuses for not finishing in the top 8 now. It has become black and white. Finishing mid table or a long way off the play offs would make this season an epic failure and questions will need to be asked. Again.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:48 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    paulstreet wrote:
    Please don't give me the old 'we can concentrate on the league' guff.
    Well I see it as a positive, not least because there are no hiding places left for ANYBODY.

There can be no excuses for not finishing in the top 8 now. It has become black and white. Finishing mid table or a long way off the play offs would make this season an epic failure and questions will need to be asked. Again.
    Questions need to be asked why we could only score one goal in two games against the worst defence in the league ?and why was a fullback able to score a hat trick? and when are the players we signed this season (except Franks) going to start performing?
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:23 pm

It's been a turbulent season if nothing else rangerider. Would have made for a fantastic fly-on-the-wall doc that's for sure!

Despite everything I still retain some hope that we can move up the table and finish the season strongly...but it is hope and not expectation.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:58 pm

Blimey great post from a BPA fan on the BPA forum....put your hands up if you agree!!!!cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

"just one or two observations from last night.

James Knowles deserves a special mention for his hat-trick. It's very rare for a defender to achieve such a feat. They were all pretty good goals. I personally liked the header for his third and Avenue's fourth.

Great penalty from Boshell. No goalkeeper is going to stop such a well taken spot kick.

Mallory had another superb display at the centre of the defence. He was also very good in the original tie. On those displays he would be my first choice in that position at the moment.

Lenighan had a great game and is growing into a very competant player. He was also good at Harrogate. As i mentioned to an Avenue director last night we need to extend his loan period. He is fitting into the squad very nicely and i'm sure he will eventually return to Leeds as a more complete player. It's beneficial for both clubs and i really hope he stays a bit longer.

Everybody else played their part. I don't think anyone had a poor game. Howarth had one of his best games at right back.

Finally, a special mention for John Deacey. He baffled us all with a three man back line. The guy obviously knows what he is doing. The one big difference between the Avenue and moneybags Harrogate Town is the manager. We have some very good players at the club for which we owe the manager a big thank you. He is without doubt our greatest asset.

Up the Avenue - it could have been 10."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 am