Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
TheNeil29
paulstreet
Dark Knight
7 posters

Plea to the club ...

Plea to the club ... Empty Plea to the club ...

Post by Guest Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:26 am

The main issue holding the club back is that we rarely get the best out of the players we sign – in fact it’s a concern that in many cases we make players worse. A combination of personality differences and players lacking respect for management staff must be a big part of it. Only way that can be addressed is appointing a new manager. Whenever I’ve made this point in the past, I’ve always been shot down by the likes of pie and chips and slicker, to name just two. Other people on the forum have been far too focussed on events taking place off the field, which has been a sideshow and useful distraction for all the many failings on the pitch. Some of you have just been too brainwashed to notice.

So under the current regime the outlook is quite depressing, the odd player may shine for us, but in the end they’ll get fed up, disillusioned, and want to leave.

The attitude of the club officials is bewildering too – the club forum question and answer session made it clear they wanted to be open and honest about events on and off the field, and yet the next day changes were implemented on the forum website, Ged and Peter take their bat and ball home and questions go answered.

Overall then, I’m fed up of the powers that be – I lost what respect I did have after the Charlie fiasco, I’m not interested in what they have to say, I’m not interested in longer term investment and plans for a super stadium. I’m not interested in fancy cups of tea and gourmet hot dogs prepared by an award winning chef. I’m not interested in fancy hospitality suites and a playing surface so slick that you can play bowls on it. I’m not interested in a club that’s so inward looking that it can’t see what’s staring it in the face. I want my club back, the one that I used to go to week in and week out, I want to start enjoying my football team again, I want to watch a team filled with players who want be there, who enjoy their football and managed by someone who’s there on merit and knows the game inside out. If that means a reduced budget and dropping down a division then so be it. So please find another plaything, stick to what you know, build some more houses in South Yorkshire and give us back our club.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Plea to the club ... Empty Re: Plea to the club ...

Post by Dark Knight Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:30 pm

A few people seem to be seeing the club distancing themselves from this website as a bad thing. I'm going to take the opposite view. Now we have some freedom and some independence. Perhaps TS this can be a starting point. Those that want to cosy up to the club can continue to do so but if the supporters of this club are ever going to wield any power then independent is the way forward.

Either things will improve or more and more people will start to come over to this side of things and no matter what the club think, there will be a tipping point.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:40 pm

Yup, you may well be right.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:42 pm

I have a lot of sympathy with TS's views, they sort of mirror my own, but I must confess I am pretty conflicted. I like being in the Conference North, and having decent teams come to the CNG, going back to entertaining Ossett Town, Wakefield, Railway (!), would be quite hard to take (for me). Also I do think the ground improvements are welcome (I can take or leave the gourmet burgers, mind), The Fotherby regime ignored the ground for 10 years or so.
    I thought Simon might finally be cracking this managerial lark last season,but it looks less likely now. I do agree with TS that over the last 3 years a whiole succession of good players have come to Town, and got worse, we will be playing one, Ross, on Saturday. Remember the Geordies of 2 years ago, a long list of 'quality' strikers who came to Town and couldn't hit a barn door. You can't ignore the pattern.
    I hope every day to log on to the official site and read: ' Harrogate Town announce the appointment of ....... as first team coach/manager. Simon Weaver becomes overall Director of Football' Steve Kittrick wouldn't be bad for starters!
    Sadly, it ain't gonna happen, so I remain in my confused state (is there an icon for confused?)
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:55 pm

As I stated in a previous post. Simon can convince players to join. Some of the players we have wouldn't give us a second thought 2 years ago so a director of football position would suit him. I don't think Kittrick is the right man, but I'd quite like to see Macca given the chance. He would command the respect of the boys and they would run through brick walls for him. I honestly think this would be the best plan in order to get us out of the current slump.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:59 pm

paulstreet wrote:I have a lot of sympathy with TS's views, they sort of mirror my own, but I must confess I am pretty conflicted.  I like being in the Conference North, and having decent teams come to the CNG, going back to entertaining Ossett Town, Wakefield, Railway (!), would be quite hard to take (for me).  Also I do think the ground improvements are welcome (I can take or leave the gourmet burgers, mind), The Fotherby regime ignored the ground for 10 years or so.
    I thought Simon might finally be cracking this managerial lark last season,but it looks less likely now. I do agree with TS that over the last 3 years a whiole succession of good players have come to Town, and got worse, we will be playing one, Ross, on Saturday. Remember the Geordies of 2 years ago, a long list of 'quality' strikers who came to Town and couldn't hit a barn door. You can't ignore the pattern.
    I hope every day to log on to the official site and read: ' Harrogate Town announce the appointment of ....... as first team coach/manager.  Simon Weaver becomes overall Director of Football'  Steve Kittrick wouldn't be bad for starters!  
    Sadly, it ain't gonna happen, so I remain in my confused state   (is there an icon for confused?)
    Don't forget Peter Bore also who probably scored one of the goals of the season for Boston Vs Stalybridge (I think).......Both him and Ross seem to be driving Boston forward into playoffs.....But wait a minute, they also have a seasoned goal grabber too.

Agree with everything you say TS, although I'm not sure we would have to drop a division with the right manager, even if the budget was halved, look at Gainsborough...The answer is in OUR youth set up and not Grimsby's!!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

carl stewart seems to be in form worth a punt? seems to have a good record can't be worse than what we have, might not be up to this level anyone know anything about him?
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:46 pm

I see Denny Ingram plays for them...Anyone remember him?
    Up The Town
    Up The Town

Post by Up The Town Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:01 am

Yes i do. He was a good player for us

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:14 pm