Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

Club policy

TooManyPies

Club policy Empty Club policy

Post by TooManyPies Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:55 pm

The club today announced in passing that it has a policy to not show goals scored by teams other than Harrogate Town. Does anyone know why? It has a distinctly North Korean feel to it and when I queried the move just now on Facebook it was neatly side-stepped by the post being deleted and then re-added. For the record I think our media team/person does a great job, I had been really looking forward to seeing that Woods goal and it didn't disappoint! I would just rather the club didn't give the impression it came from east of the wall (as many football clubs have a tendency to).
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Club policy Empty Re: Club policy

Post by TownUltra Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:14 pm

Woods goal is up there with any goal scored this season. Really glad this is recorded, it's one to show the grand ultras.

Would be good to see the Alty goals, but to be honest I'm really glad somebody takes the time to stand on top of the stand in the cold and record the video and somebody else takes the time to put a vid together. A lot of other clubs you wouldn't get anything and if you did you 'd have to pay. Excellent work guys!

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:03 pm

Seriously does this really warrant a moan?

And you can't exactly compare leaving out a couple of Alty goals to the communistic goings on in North Korea.......Other clubs do exactly the same, why waste time editing the opposition goals when you could just reserve your energy for the Harrogate Town action, especially if you are BUSY (which i'm sure Peter is). Then there is the whole thing about keeping a positive vibe, but I wont go into that.
    TooManyPies

Post by TooManyPies Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:54 am

For the record, as I posted in the previous comment, I think Peter and everyone else at the club does a fantastic job and furthermore as a fan who lives away from Harrogate I am really grateful for ANY video highlights the club choose to provide.

In fairness, the North Korean reference went too far, I was just a bit annoyed at the time which clouded the real point I was trying to make, something I apologise for. My real problem is not necessarily that the club chose to present highlights in this way, my problem is that the language used to explain the absence of away goals was in my view, a little clumsy and evasive. Any perceived lack of transparency or accessibility to the club is disproportionately damaging to growing the fanbase. Fans want to feel important, not that there is something the club isn't telling them.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:31 pm

First we have a dark knight comparing a senior official to Hitler and now pie and no chips is linking the club to North Korea. Are we sure Wetherby Road is a safe place to visit these days?!

Oh and before I forget, thank you to the senior town official who after the game on Saturday took the opportunity to question a fellow town supporter and good friend of mine regarding recent posts of mine on the forum. I never knew you cared!

Merry Christmas everyone

TS

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:26 am