Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+8
rangerider
BB
trevdee
Dark Knight
V'
mick1423
paulstreet
gedmaloney
12 posters

Win, Lose or Draw Today! Q&A follows on Wednesday

Martin L

Win, Lose or Draw Today! Q&A follows on Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Win, Lose or Draw Today! Q&A follows on Wednesday

Post by Martin L Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:04 pm

i'm there RR.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Win, Lose or Draw Today! Q&A follows on Wednesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Win, Lose or Draw Today! Q&A follows on Wednesday

Post by trevdee Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:25 pm

If the traffic goes easy on me I may just make it, and don't worry no need to get the stewards in I will be on my best behaviour!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:40 am

I certainly intend to be there, and will have some (respectful) questions to put in the box!
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:01 am

I can't make it tomorrow as I'm washing my hair but here are some questions that I think need to be asked:

1) Mr Chairman - How much of your own money have you actually invested in the club? And be honest please.

2) Mr Chairman - How far is the club from self sustainability? Being beholden to your financial input is making us feel uncomfortable and held to ransom.

3) Mr Chairman - Are there ANY circumstances in which you would relieve the manager of his duties or is he untouchable regardless of results as long as you are chairman because if that's the case then how can he possibly be fully motivated in his job? And could that safety net be a reason why we continue to fail?

4) Mr Chairman - Why have you shown no regret or remorse or taken any responsibility for the club's 3 point deduction and all the consequences that it brought?

5) Mr Chairman - The club lost a popular member of staff over the 3 point deduction. It's pretty clear from the club's responses and public statements that the entire blame for what happened was placed on that member of staff and a volunteer. Most people found this to be appalling behaviour by the club and it caused a lot of ill feeling. Why did you allow this?

6) Mr Chairman - Why do you keep accusing people who speak out or criticise you and the club of not being genuine or true supporters? Are you a fascist?

7) Mr Manager - Is it gross negligence and the actions of an amateur to pick a match day squad without a back up goalkeeper? And will you continue to do so?

8 ) Mr Manager - Why have some of your best players been sat on the subs bench during a slump?

9) Mr Manager - If we fail to improve on last season's 6th place, given the players at your disposal and the players brought in, would you see that as a big failure and would you consider after 5 years that it might be someone else's turn to have a go?

10) Mr Chairman and Mr Manager - Is a father and son as chairman and manager really a workable relationship and practice? Common sense says it isn't.

Post by Guest Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:14 am

Dark Knight wrote:I can't make it tomorrow as I'm washing my hair but here are some questions that I think need to be asked:

1) Mr Chairman - How much of your own money have you actually invested in the club? And be honest please.

2) Mr Chairman - How far is the club from self sustainability? Being beholden to your financial input is making us feel uncomfortable and held to ransom.

3) Mr Chairman - Are there ANY circumstances in which you would relieve the manager of his duties or is he untouchable regardless of results as long as you are chairman because if that's the case then how can he possibly be fully motivated in his job? And could that safety net be a reason why we continue to fail?

4) Mr Chairman - Why have you shown no regret or remorse or taken any responsibility for the club's 3 point deduction and all the consequences that it brought?

5) Mr Chairman - The club lost a popular member of staff over the 3 point deduction. It's pretty clear from the club's responses and public statements that the entire blame for what happened was placed on that member of staff and a volunteer. Most people found this to be appalling behaviour by the club and it caused a lot of ill feeling. Why did you allow this?

6) Mr Chairman - Why do you keep accusing people who speak out or criticise you and the club of not being genuine or true supporters? Are you a fascist?

7) Mr Manager - Is it gross negligence and the actions of an amateur to pick a match day squad without a back up goalkeeper? And will you continue to do so?

8 ) Mr Manager - Why have some of your best players been sat on the subs bench during a slump?

9) Mr Manager - If we fail to improve on last season's 6th place, given the players at your disposal and the players brought in, would you see that as a big failure and would you consider after 5 years that it might be someone else's turn to have a go?

10) Mr Chairman and Mr Manager - Is a father and son as chairman and manager really a workable relationship and practice? Common sense says it isn't.
    Some good questions dark knight but I’d have preferred that you pm’d them to someone attending tomorrow evening. I do wonder whether it hands the initiative to back to the club and enables them to prepare some $hitty response as opposed to putting them on the spot. As I said though, some really good questions.

Praise the Lord!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:31 am

Good questions DK, maybe leave out the 'fascist' reference though ! I'll print them off and bring them along tomorrow...why not come yourself? everybody seems to be 'making their excuses' Shocked 
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:52 am

town supporter wrote:
    Dark Knight wrote:I can't make it tomorrow as I'm washing my hair but here are some questions that I think need to be asked:

Some good questions dark knight but I’d have preferred that you pm’d them to someone attending tomorrow evening.  I do wonder whether it hands the initiative to back to the club and enables them to prepare some $hitty response as opposed to putting them on the spot.   As I said though, some really good questions.

Praise the Lord!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:00 pm

Some very pointlessly stupid questions there! Start supporting the team instead of always picking fault. There's nothing wrong with having no keeper on the bench... I honestly believe the Weavers are the correct choice to take our club forward and they are doing all the time! Get behind the team for a change!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:09 pm

Chips97 wrote:

Some very pointlessly stupid questions there! Start supporting the team instead of always picking fault. There's nothing wrong with having no keeper on the bench... I honestly believe the Weavers are the correct choice to take our club forward and they are doing all the time! Get behind the team for a change!
    Chips, you can carry on being deluded and carry on supporting the current regime. Let me make it blatantly clear to you right now and leave you in no uncertain terms. I can guarantee you that all the fans want the club to be successful, but in my personal opinion, there is one problem for me, and that is Simon.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:20 pm

town supporter wrote:
    Some good questions dark knight but I’d have preferred that you pm’d them to someone attending tomorrow evening.  I do wonder whether it hands the initiative to back to the club and enables them to prepare some $hitty response as opposed to putting them on the spot.   As I said though, some really good questions.

Praise the Lord!
    I don't think for one minute they'd answer any of these questions. Not truthfully anyway.

paulstreet wrote:why not come yourself?  everybody seems to be 'making their excuses' Shocked
    See Ged's pathetic response. That's how it will be. People will be more interested in whether or not the club can get chips back on the menu, than addressing any serious problems.

gedmaloney wrote:

Sums the whole club up that Ged.

Chips97 wrote: Start supporting the team instead of always picking fault.  Get behind the team for a change!
    Clearly you've just walked into the bar here fella. Rewind a couple of weeks and you'll see just how stupid those comments are.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:22 pm

Ged, your zzzzzzz comment (how original!) would tend to suggest that tomorrows Q and A is going to be a complete waste of time (and my train fare to Harrogate!). What's the bleedin' point if legitimate questions are derided even before the meeting takes place? Jeez.
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:27 pm

I have not posted much although I have being reading this forum since it was made and before that I read the old forum. All the so called fans on here just have a go at the entire club! I'd had enough so felt I had to comment. I'll be going to Gainsborough on Saturday and hope that everyone on this forum can go and actually support the team! Get behind the lads and get some well deserved points! Simon is a great guy and wants the best for this club! Support the team and we can definitely get in the play-offs this year! Every game we've lost we have been unlucky that luck will change soon starting on Saturday!
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:31 pm

paulstreet wrote:Ged, your zzzzzzz comment (how original!) would tend to suggest that tomorrows Q and A is going to be a complete waste of time (and my train fare to Harrogate!).  What's the bleedin' point if legitimate questions are derided even before the meeting takes place?  Jeez.
    Would suggest that my comment hardly rates alongside asking the Chairman if he is a fascist !!!!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:41 pm

I commented that that was unwarrented by DK, but the bulk of his questions are perfectly reasonable. I would not expect Irving to answer question 1, but questions 2/3/5/6 (OK an apology has been made),9 and 10 are legitimate questions to ask. I think the question about the sub goaly is a bit irrelevent (as far as I know hardly any clubs at our level include a sub keeper on the bench), but otherwise its an OK list. irving and Simon did say they would be willing to address any questions after all.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:46 pm

paulstreet wrote:I commented that that was unwarrented by DK, but the bulk of his questions are perfectly reasonable. I would not expect Irving to answer question 1, but questions 2/3/5/6 (OK an apology has been made),9 and 10 are legitimate questions to ask. I think the question about the sub goaly is a bit irrelevent (as far as I know hardly any clubs at our level include a sub keeper on the bench), but otherwise its an OK list.  irving and Simon did say they would be willing to address any questions after all.
    Paul - let me be as categoric as I can be.

Tomorrow night is an opportunity for supporters to ask whatever questions they like as long as they are not abusive or personal. I would suggest that people should judge the honesty of the session after the event instead of positioning it as a PR stunt - hence the zzzzzzz.

I assume I still have the right to free speech as well and to comment on comments that I may not agree with.

Last statement on the event - just be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!Basketball Basketball 
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:50 pm

Chips97 wrote:I have not posted much although I have being reading this forum since it was made and before that I read the old forum. All the so called fans on here just have a go at the entire club! I'd had enough so felt I had to comment. I'll be going to Gainsborough on Saturday and hope that everyone on this forum can go and actually support the team! Get behind the lads and get some well deserved points! Simon is a great guy and wants the best for this club! Support the team and we can definitely get in the play-offs this year! Every game we've lost we have been unlucky that luck will change soon starting on Saturday!

Thanks for your comments Chips97 - and feel free to join us tomorrow if you can make it. You will see for yourself whether it is a PR exercise.Basketball Basketball 
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:50 pm

gedmaloney wrote:
    paulstreet wrote:I commented that that was unwarrented by DK, but the bulk of his questions are perfectly reasonable. I would not expect Irving to answer question 1, but questions 2/3/5/6 (OK an apology has been made),9 and 10 are legitimate questions to ask. I think the question about the sub goaly is a bit irrelevent (as far as I know hardly any clubs at our level include a sub keeper on the bench), but otherwise its an OK list.  irving and Simon did say they would be willing to address any questions after all.
    Paul - let me be as categoric as I can be.

Tomorrow night is an opportunity for supporters to ask whatever questions they like as long as they are not abusive or personal. I would suggest that people should judge the honesty of the session after the event instead of positioning it as a PR stunt - hence the zzzzzzz.

I assume I still have the right to free speech as well and to comment on comments that I may not agree with.

Last statement on the event - just be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!Basketball Basketball 

OK - nearly the last statement on the event;) Wink Wink 
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:54 pm

gedmaloney wrote:
    Would suggest that my comment hardly rates alongside asking the Chairman if he is a fascist !!!!
    But that's how a fascist behaves.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:25 pm

so Martin, Paul, Ged and myself will be there Trevdee might be there, any more regular posters on here coming?

Post by Guest Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:38 pm

if Ged agrees to my suggestion to reduce the price of a pint by 50p for all my fragile and insincere comrades, then i promise to be there.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:30 pm

Chips97 wrote:
    this one million percent.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:05 pm

rangerider wrote:so Martin, Paul, Ged and myself will be there Trevdee might be there, any more regular posters on here coming?
    In the middle of moving house unfortunately, so cant attend. I'm sure there will be plenty of feedback on the forum.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:49 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    town supporter wrote:

Praise the Lord!
    I don't think for one minute they'd answer any of these questions. Not truthfully anyway.

paulstreet wrote:why not come yourself?  everybody seems to be 'making their excuses' Shocked
    See Ged's pathetic response. That's how it will be. People will be more interested in whether or not the club can get chips back on the menu, than addressing any serious problems.

gedmaloney wrote:

Sums the whole club up that Ged.

Chips97 wrote: Start supporting the team instead of always picking fault.  Get behind the team for a change!
    Clearly you've just walked into the bar here fella. Rewind a couple of weeks and you'll see just how stupid those comments are.
    Just to be totally clear DK, the zzzzzzzzzzzz was directed not at the questions (though the fascist comment does make me despair!) but at the comment at the end which suggests as usual that the whole exercise is some form of PR exercise.

Wouldn't it be good if we all could suspend judgement until after the event rather than continue the unneccessary sniping:bball: Basketball 

Everyone keeps asking for better communication - here's the chance.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:33 pm

Right I just even re-scheduled my meeting for an earlier time in the day so will definitely make it. The way I see it, if I see some sincerity by the Weavers when answering questions and If I feel they genuinely want to do right by the club, they may just get my vote again. It's obvious on here there are a lot of mixed feelings, heightened by recent events, and there is probably going to be a vast array of questions (if people turn up) so the time to cast judgement is after the event as Ged "the hitman" Maloney quite rightly points out. Irving and Simon may even feel that they have been hard done by with some of the comments on here recently going by Irving's second statement (mine mostly sarcastic), but if you look at any forum of any football club then Harrogate Town is no different, some anti management, some pro, some positive, some negative so I find it really bizarre that they take offence so easy (inc some players, some other management).
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:42 pm

OK that's fair enough Ged.

I think what I'm finding so hard to come to terms with on here is the general lack of ownership felt or hungered for by the some of the supporters. It's THEIR club too. They seem very happy to just go along with whatever they're told. I know some of the questions I've asked might seem hard to stomach for some people but I would have thought that some of them are questions EVERY supporter would want to know. Of course I wouldn't really expect for one minute that Irving would tell us how much of his own money he has invested into the club but these are important things, particularly when his son is the manager of the team. Even the most ardent and loyal supporter of the Weavers would surely have to concede that the town football club has essentially become a wealthy man's play thing for his son, or at least that's how it looks. And it's clear from some of the feedback, particularly the younger, more naive supporters (as well as some old enough to know better) that actually it doesn't seem to bother them and as long as Irving keeps ploughing his money into the club, that gives him carte blanche to do whatever. Well I'm sorry but that to me is selling your soul to the devil. There has to be limits. Anyone who thinks a policy of "I'm bankrolling the team and my son will be manager no matter what" is a good one is either insane or going along with it because they fear the consequences of Irving pulling the plug on it. You just can't live like that. We cannot be beholden to one man and his money. Also, if those really are the conditions of the chairman then surely there has to be some disclosure of what precisely he is putting in. I don't think we should just be forced to accept a regime like that and then have the shutters put up when we ask one or two pertinent questions. It's a totally unhealthy and extremely impractical, if not unworkable situation. He seemed to hint at this himself when he first came in and declared he was "not entirely comfortable" with it, yet it seems to me he is very comfortable with it, until things go badly, then he doesn't like the flak that comes with it.

I'm sorry I'm not one of those happy clapping fans who merrily goes along with everything without a care in the world and if that makes me fragile and insincere then so be it but all we ever seem to get is "trust us lads", "get behind us lads", "ooh you should have seen how bad things were before lads" etc etc. I don't think it's unreasonable for the supporters to want to know some of the finer details. Without supporters there is no football club and that seems to have been forgotten.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:32 am