Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+8
Dan_Gleebitz
trevdee
sulphurite
HTAFC Press Officer
TheNeil29
A1 drifter
Dark Knight
Big Lundy
12 posters

Brackley Town

HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Brackley Town - Page 3 Empty Re: Brackley Town

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:31 pm

Some really good points being made on this. With regards to my Barrow analogy, it was the fact that they went on a long run that was the focus. nothing to do with the change of manager. Sorry if my clarity was a bit off on that one. I could have also used our 10 match unbeaten run a couple of seasons ago but thought that the Barrow one was more powerful.

Dark Knight, if you have written a letter to the advertiser then write one to Irving or Garry Plant - let them know. I think that most people have realised that Irving is a fair and just man who will respond in the proper way of the original complaint is phrased in the proper way. If you honestly have a problem please write or inform the club of such.

kind regards

Peter
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:21 pm

All everyone wants on this forum is for the club to be successful. You can make all the improvements off the pitch you want, but football is a results business and results on the pitch is the most important thing. I cannot criticise any of the players really, unless they mess up to the level of Stalybridge, but then again on reflection, we all make mistakes. So does the manager. The difference is the players will learn, the manager hasn't. Leaving strongest players on the bench, wrong tactics, inconsistent results, playing players out of their natural position to name just a few. It has to change, because if we carry on being inconsistent. This season will be a washout, and the club will be lucky if they get 300 on a matchday. Especially over winter. People won't want to come out in the freezing cold to watch a mid-table team with nothing to play for. Simon needs to get it right, and quickly.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:02 pm

trevdee wrote:

DK just one thing about the club shop and I know Phil very well - Phil is great, the problem is that the commercial team don't communicate with him enough so really he is left out in the cold too often and for example would only find out about the credit card payment when it installed, or the shirts when they actually arrive........seems a common theme within Harrogate Town FC - lack of communication, or perhaps OVER PROMISING TO FANS/VOLUNTEERS, BUT UNDER ACHIEVING OR NONE DELIVERY - WHILST DISHING OUT DELUSIONAL COMMENTS OR PROPAGANDA!!

That's fair enough then. It's poor if he wasn't made aware, especially when it was announced last week on the PA and then it's been in the programme this week. Hopefully things will change on this front when the "new" shop opens.

HTAFC Press Officer wrote:

Dark Knight,  if you have written a letter to the advertiser then write one to Irving or Garry Plant - let them know.  I think that most people have realised that Irving is a fair and just man who will respond in the proper way of the original complaint is phrased in the proper way.  If you honestly have a problem please write or inform the club of such.
    Just to clarify Peter my email to the advertiser was attacking them and the abysmal coverage we were getting when we were riding high off the back off those wins against Stockport and Telford. The local poker league got more column inches than we did that week. It was a bloody disgrace!

TheNeil29 wrote:All everyone wants on this forum is for the club to be successful. You can make all the improvements off the pitch you want, but football is a results business and results on the pitch is the most important thing.
    To get the big numbers I agree, only success on the pitch will make us significantly bigger. But a football club can't only rely on success on the pitch to carry everything else forward because success is hard to come by and even harder to sustain. A football club should be a source of pride for the community but sadly for most of my lifetime it's been a bit of an embarrassment, especially for a town of this size. Overall things seem to be on the up. The new stand is exciting and if the club shop is really going to be improved then these are all great steps in the right direction. Hopefully things like this can get more people in the town to start taking the club seriously whether we are a win machine or not!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:19 am

I think it is safe to say every fan would be able to swallow 3 defeats on the trot IF we played our strongest team and we saw every one of the players putting their heart into it.....We would just say fine, come up against 3 better teams, or unlucky.

Yeah i'm sure the club shop will improve, it has recently changed hands and is run by the supporters club, so big plans in the future and once the commercial team put a rocket in their pants it will come good.
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:45 am

Dark Knight wrote:
    Dan_Gleebitz wrote:
    And YET AGAIN I'll make an appeal for volunteers.  Neither the Supporters Club or (I'm sure) the Football Club have anywhere near enough people rolling their sleeves up to lend a hand.  We're a part time club for pete's sake.  
    Are we going to have that thrown in our face every time someone should have a gripe? At the end of the day we turn up, support the team and put our hands in our pockets (or not as the case was yesterday, despite my best efforts to part with some cash). I understand the need for volunteers and we'd be lost without them but that shouldn't be an excuse. Nor should those of us that don't volunteer be made to feel guilty. I'm afraid I have 3 young children and therefore just getting to the game is an effort in itself but as soon as funds permit, I intend to join the supporters club and maybe attend some of the meetings.
    I'm sorry if you feel that this is being "Thrown in your face". I feel that it's my moral obligation to remind people that the club is run mainly by volunteers who could very easily be off doing something else and a little slack would be appreciated. I'm afraid that your comments came across to me as "The guy in the shop is a numpty", which he isn't. Harrassed sometimes, uninformed sometimes yes but very good at the job he does as well as being approachable. What we have at the moment is an attempt to do SOMETHING rather than nothing. It's better than it was previously and will get better still. And just to correct one thing, the shop will NOT be run by the Supporters Club.

Additionally, I cannot guarantee that I won't put similar remarks down about the need for more volunteers again under similar circumstances. What I'm continually looking for are people who can give up an hour or two on odd occasions to help sell raffle tickets at the ground or hand out leaflets. We offered free entry to the ground for anyone who'd hand out the free under 18 tickets earlier in the season and got only 1 reply! It's not a regular commitment and I like you and all the others have other things going on in our lives that warrant our attention. Like you, I pay my money (for the first time ever, I've got a season ticket) and buy things at the ground. And Like you I'm pretty cheesed off with the current run (and I didn't see the Stockport or Ferriby matches so I've only seen us score one goal and get one point this season). There are ideas by the thousand floating around, all of which seem to come down to having the people to operate them.

As you're a "newbee", you don't have the "benefit" of seeing what preceded some of the stuff that is going on now. That's not an excuse please note, everyone's matchday experience should be pretty good, but on some occasions it isn't and while I have no control or even a say in the vast majority of things (I do however raise these with what I hope are the relevant people), one thing which has come to my attention is that there are generally too few people trying to do too much and that's when problems occur (for example in the shop AND in the commercial team too). I'm sure that if you voiced your concerns to Garry then he'd do his best to sort them out or at least tell you why things are as they are. I'm certainly going to make sure he's aware of what you've written.

I think that the one thing we all have in common (well, almost all) is a desire for the Football Club to grow. It's still more of an embryo than a fully formed entity and the infrastructure is still not complete (Rome was not built in a day). Stick with it. In a couple of seasons or so, we'll look back and reminisce.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:56 am

Dark Knight wrote:
    trevdee wrote:

DK just one thing about the club shop and I know Phil very well - Phil is great, the problem is that the commercial team don't communicate with him enough so really he is left out in the cold too often and for example would only find out about the credit card payment when it installed, or the shirts when they actually arrive........seems a common theme within Harrogate Town FC - lack of communication, or perhaps OVER PROMISING TO FANS/VOLUNTEERS, BUT UNDER ACHIEVING OR NONE DELIVERY - WHILST DISHING OUT DELUSIONAL COMMENTS OR PROPAGANDA!!

That's fair enough then. It's poor if he wasn't made aware, especially when it was announced last week on the PA and then it's been in the programme this week. Hopefully things will change on this front when the "new" shop opens.

HTAFC Press Officer wrote:

Dark Knight,  if you have written a letter to the advertiser then write one to Irving or Garry Plant - let them know.  I think that most people have realised that Irving is a fair and just man who will respond in the proper way of the original complaint is phrased in the proper way.  If you honestly have a problem please write or inform the club of such.
    Just to clarify Peter my email to the advertiser was attacking them and the abysmal coverage we were getting when we were riding high off the back off those wins against Stockport and Telford. The local poker league got more column inches than we did that week. It was a bloody disgrace!

TheNeil29 wrote:All everyone wants on this forum is for the club to be successful. You can make all the improvements off the pitch you want, but football is a results business and results on the pitch is the most important thing.
    To get the big numbers I agree, only success on the pitch will make us significantly bigger. But a football club can't only rely on success on the pitch to carry everything else forward because success is hard to come by and even harder to sustain. A football club should be a source of pride for the community but sadly for most of my lifetime it's been a bit of an embarrassment, especially for a town of this size. Overall things seem to be on the up. The new stand is exciting and if the club shop is really going to be improved then these are all great steps in the right direction. Hopefully things like this can get more people in the town to start taking the club seriously whether we are a win machine or not!
    You could have a world class setup off the pitch, as it may attract a new fanbase/finances or whatever really, but if its not happening on the pitch, then the support will suffer regardless. I want the club to do well, as do all the other fans, but my concern is how many fans will want to stand in the freezing cold over the winter months to watch a Mid-League team, who are out of cup competitions, play another team in their division. Because minus temperatures on a November/December night will test even the sternest, and most ardent of fans.

In my opinion, if the manager doesnt pull it together soon and start getting results, then there is a real danger that the above scenario could become a reality.

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:11 pm

Phew, that game certainly generated some debate. as for the game itself, I have mixed views. we were pretty good in the first half, should have been at least one up at half time (no excuse for Hardy missing that follow up). But we conceded a sloppy goal, had 35 minutes against 10 men and did not make a serious chance, one of those games where if the ref had added an extra 30 minutes it would have made no difference, (except thery would have scored again!) second half was pathetic. As has been said Brackley (unbeaten!) are no great shakes. Simon's comments are seriously worrying, if he really believes what he says. And yes, Woods and Bolder should have come on earlier, Rowe made no impression, but had no time really. And, please, can someone at the club recognise that we must (somehow or other) get a another striker in: 9 games in (more than 20% of the season!), and our leading score has 2 goals! If you get the Non-League Paper you will see how pathetic that is compared to other teams in our leaue. I know it won't be easy (loan market?), but without it we have NO chance of the play offs.
    No problems with Peter's match reports (or anything else for that matter!), its the [u]official[u] site for heavens sake!
    'Crowd' on Saturday 410, playing a 'top' team, and a warm late Summer's day. Attendance against Workington next should be interesting...350?
    I said I thought the next 2 games might define our season, well we have lost one of them, I fear that if we slide out of the cup at the first attempt on Saturday, you might see the air really coming out of the balloon.
    The manager's delusonial belief that everything is really fine ain't too encouraging.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:36 pm

trevdee wrote:DK keep making comments as you see fit, this is an open forum where all opinions should be expressed in an open and honest way especially as you are throwing your hard earned cash at the club.

The one thing I can't stand is when someone comes along and sprouts the glass half full/ half empty bollox...I'm as positive as the next person in day to day life, but what shouldn't be tolerated by any fan are blatant lies by the management of the club, are they trying to sell us timeshares?

I read the back page of the advertiser regarding Stalybridge and saw the comments from Simon saying the first half was the best display of the season...I'm sorry to say it was average at the very best, first 20 mins ok and then we fell to pieces we had bugger all posession (it made me furious that I had to read such trollop)...And now saying the Brackley game was fantastic too, just completely delusional ( I wasn't there but can tell by your comments).

But oh no, I have criticised the management, will Tad revisit his man hunt to try and find me now - do me a favour and ban me for life before I go insane!........It is just plain ridiculous how some seniors within the club are blind, so damn blind that they can't see the major problem that will hold us back!!

We go through this time and time and time again, season to season, when will it stop, when will he stop tinkering, it is just a joke now...perhaps Simon should have dragged his ass to all of the friendlies instead of jollying it up then maybe he would have a better understanding of the quality he has got within the squad and know what positions to play them in.

And before anyone starts, come and find me in the ground, plenty of people know who I am, happy to receive your criticism of my post face to face.

At least when Bolder was playing, even though not very well, we were getting some healthy results...now that Weaver is playing 2nd string players we are doomed, the balance just doesn't work, we are mid table at the very best and if it isn't addressed very very soon we may as well concede that this season is a massive crappy experiment.

Now thats my overall opinion and has been for a while, I won't change my mind until words become actions - talk the talk AND walk the walk so to speak.

Whilst not wishing to personalise things in the way that you do, I do believe you should get your facts right about the commercial team as you always comment as if you are some fount of all knowledge - when I return from hols on Wednesday I will be more than happy to furnish you with the correct facts reference the club shop as covered at our recent SUpporters Club meeting and written up in the relevant minutes. Just ask at the next home game instead of speculating based on hearsay and making comments that I would suggest look just a tad (sorry!) unreasonable.
    And please don't start the freedom of speech debate again - I assume I am also allowed a right of reply?Basketball 
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:09 pm

Ged with all due respect, I am talking about past experience, and I know from some of the supporter club meetings the "commercial team" are happy to paint a glossy picture and talk high level detail...But in reality when it comes down to fine tuning plans and carrying out those plans it is pretty much "whinging it all the way on the day" - and come on Ged you know this is true, I could throw out some actual quotes.........Something Simon does very very often! So this is what I based my response to DK on.

Now I don't want to get too personal so I wont, I probably took it to the acceptable level with the comments above because they are facts and will keep it that way, oh and we don't want to upset any potential sponsors that check the forum...I just have a sneaky suspicion that all the glorious plans afoot that have been mentioned have been placed there strategically as a little sweetener to hide the true problem of the club - the manager!

Ged unless there is a quick turn around with results etc, you coming on here bears no relevance to appeasing the true Harrogate supporters feelings, so you may as well not bother.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:23 pm

Dan_Gleebitz wrote:
    I'm sorry if you feel that this is being "Thrown in your face".  I feel that it's my moral obligation to remind people that the club is run mainly by volunteers who could very easily be off doing something else and a little slack would be appreciated.
    I feel that way because it isn't the first time.

Dan_Gleebitz wrote: I'm afraid that your comments came across to me as "The guy in the shop is a numpty", which he isn't.  Harrassed sometimes, uninformed sometimes yes but very good at the job he does as well as being approachable.
    I'm sure the guy in the shop is a lovely fella and if you feel I'm labelling the guy a numpty then that's your prerogative so be careful of what you accuse me of please. I think some of you have taken the criticisms a bit too personally and again, it's a prickly response. But the bottom line is, it's a shop, I was there wanting to enquire about £60 or £70 worth of business and I was given short shrift. It's almost as if the club doesn't want my bloody money. I don't care if you don't like it, that's what happened, that's how he made me feel. I don't expect "have a nice day sir" nor was I that bothered about it that I felt it warranted a letter to the chairman like some are suggesting. I simply posted some observations on what I thought was supposed to be independent fan's forum. As I've made clear in my earlier post, if the guy is ill informed then I have no truck with him. In fact since posting about it and reading the responses I have some sympathy with the poor man. Seems like he's been kept right out of the loop. The club should be treating it's volunteers a bit better should it not?  

Dan_Gleebitz wrote:
    As you're a "newbee", you don't have the "benefit" of seeing what preceded some of the stuff that is going on now.
    Here we go, it's patronising hour once again. I was born in this town, I've lived here all of my life and I've been to Town games as far back as 25 years ago. That's a quarter of a century you know. I've seen us getting trounced 4 and 5 nil by players barely on a level above my own awful playing capabilities back in the day. Who would pay to watch that? I KNOW what a joke this club has been and I KNOW the efforts that are being made. What's more I've clearly been complimentary on here about certain aspects of the club's improvements and certain people who I think do a sterling job but let's ignore that eh? Let's just close rank and put the shutters up a soon as someone says something you don't like or agree with.

Sheesh! Talk about how to win friends and influence people. It's little wonder no bugger wants to come down with this attitude. It's Royston Vasey again. Maybe this is why nobody responds to requests to volunteer.

And perhaps it's time for the club to rely a little less on volunteers if it wants to be taken more seriously. Of course every club needs them but you talk as if the club were a frigging charity. I'm guessing the books would show otherwise.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:36 pm

trevdee wrote:Ged with all due respect, I am talking about past experience, and I know from some of the supporter club meetings the "commercial team" are happy to paint a glossy picture and talk high level detail...But in reality when it comes down to fine tuning plans and carrying out those plans it is pretty much "whinging it all the way on the day" - and come on Ged you know this is true, I could throw out some actual quotes.........Something Simon does very very often! So this is what I based my response to DK on.

Now I don't want to get too personal so I wont, I probably took it to the acceptable level with the comments above because they are facts and will keep it that way, oh and we don't want to upset any potential sponsors that check the forum...I just have a sneaky suspicion that all the glorious plans afoot that have been mentioned have been placed there strategically as a little sweetener to hide the true problem of the club - the manager!

Ged unless there is a quick turn around with results etc, you coming on here bears no relevance to appeasing the true Harrogate supporters feelings, so you may as well not bother.
    As mentioned in my last post I am more than happy to discuss this with you at the next home game but once again your comment"because they are facts" suggests to other fans that you are in command of all the facts when you obviously are not.
    The SUpporters Club are arranging a Q&A session in the near future - now that is a fact and you are more than welcome to attend and raise any questions you wish but as for your comment reference all the "glorious plans afoot have been placed blah blah blah" is both disrespectful to people who are working hard within the club and also untrue.
    Like everyone else I have been disappointed in the recent results and accept this is a results business and I stand by my own position that 20 points in the 1st 10 games would have been my early season target - we need to improve this and quick - we are all aware of this and you can take it as FACT that that means ALL.
    Have a good one - another piña colada barman before I return to the real world☀ Very Happy 
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:45 pm

gedmaloney wrote:
    trevdee wrote:Ged with all due respect, I am talking about past experience, and I know from some of the supporter club meetings the "commercial team" are happy to paint a glossy picture and talk high level detail...But in reality when it comes down to fine tuning plans and carrying out those plans it is pretty much "whinging it all the way on the day" - and come on Ged you know this is true, I could throw out some actual quotes.........Something Simon does very very often! So this is what I based my response to DK on.

As mentioned in my last post I am more than happy to discuss this with you at the next home game but once again your comment"because they are facts" suggests to other fans that you are in command of all the facts when you obviously are not.
    The SUpporters Club are arranging a Q&A session in the near future - now that is a fact and you are more than welcome to attend and raise any questions you wish but as for your comment reference all the "glorious plans afoot have been placed blah blah blah" is both disrespectful to people who are working hard within the club and also untrue.
    Like everyone else I have been disappointed in the recent results and accept this is a results business and I stand by my own position that 20 points in the 1st 10 games would have been my early season target - we need to improve this and quick - we are all aware of this and you can take it as FACT that that means ALL.
    Have a good one - another piña colada barman  before I return to the real world☀ Very Happy 
    Can we make sure Simon is at the Q&A please?  I for one wont hold back so tell him to come with some additional thick skin.

Oh and Ged, I can talk from past experience - the raffle against Chester last season passed on to the supporters club, very unorganized, rushed, slap dash, no communication from the Harrogate Town side of things, poor planning meant poor takings (one of many examples I could give, and the word "whing it" was used in the little communication that took place). So you see, I have experienced it with my own eyes, therefore please don't try and question my intelligence, and should I want to take that experience and share it with others (in this instance, DK), then I will. But then this is typical Harrogate Town, gloss around the cracks and hope the cracks don't show. Do you blame me for making comparisons with that experience and the way Simon is managing the team currently, it seems a similar standard right across the club?

Last edited by trevdee on Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:53 pm

Meanwhile, the matchday photos from this game are up for you all to have a look at if you wish.

Click here to see

Kind regards,

Peter
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:04 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    Dan_Gleebitz wrote:
    I'm sorry if you feel that this is being "Thrown in your face".  I feel that it's my moral obligation to remind people that the club is run mainly by volunteers who could very easily be off doing something else and a little slack would be appreciated.
    I feel that way because it isn't the first time.
     Nope, it isn't and it probably won't be the last either. Just remember it is definitely not personal, please believe me. I remember posting something similar a while ago but not which thread it was on.

Dark Knight wrote:
    Dan_Gleebitz wrote: I'm afraid that your comments came across to me as "The guy in the shop is a numpty", which he isn't.  Harrassed sometimes, uninformed sometimes yes but very good at the job he does as well as being approachable.
    I'm sure the guy in the shop is a lovely fella and if you feel I'm labelling the guy a numpty then that's your prerogative so be careful of what you accuse me of please. I think some of you have taken the criticisms a bit too personally and again, it's a prickly response. But the bottom line is, it's a shop, I was there wanting to enquire about £60 or £70 worth of business and I was given short shrift. It's almost as if the club doesn't want my bloody money. I don't care if you don't like it, that's what happened, that's how he made me feel. I don't expect "have a nice day sir" nor was I that bothered about it that I felt it warranted a letter to the chairman like some are suggesting. I simply posted some observations on what I thought was supposed to be independent fan's forum. As I've made clear in my earlier post, if the guy is ill informed then I have no truck with him. In fact since posting about it and reading the responses I have some sympathy with the poor man. Seems like he's been kept right out of the loop. The club should be treating it's volunteers a bit better should it not?  
    The fact that you didn't like the experience is the key issue here.  And nothing anyone can say will actually alter that.  And nor should it. It was YOUR experience and I'm guessing that you're a normal person with normal expectations (like me) therefore I take your comments seriously and as I said will make sure they are communicated.  I'm not accusing you of anything and I apologise if it's came across like that.  Unfortunately the written word can sometimes be an aggressive medium.

Dark Knight wrote:
    Dan_Gleebitz wrote:
    As you're a "newbee", you don't have the "benefit" of seeing what preceded some of the stuff that is going on now.
    Here we go, it's patronising hour once again. I was born in this town, I've lived here all of my life and I've been to Town games as far back as 25 years ago. That's a quarter of a century you know. I've seen us getting trounced 4 and 5 nil by players barely on a level above my own awful playing capabilities back in the day. Who would pay to watch that? I KNOW what a joke this club has been and I KNOW the efforts that are being made. What's more I've clearly been complimentary on here about certain aspects of the club's improvements and certain people who I think do a sterling job but let's ignore that eh? Let's just close rank and put the shutters up a soon as someone says something you don't like or agree with.

Sheesh! Talk about how to win friends and influence people. It's little wonder no bugger wants to come down with this attitude. It's Royston Vasey again. Maybe this is why nobody responds to requests to volunteer.

And perhaps it's time for the club to rely a little less on volunteers if it wants to be taken more seriously. Of course every club needs them but you talk as if the club were a frigging charity. I'm guessing the books would show otherwise.
    Well I got that bit wrong didn't I?  I thought that from your comment about being new on here, that you were new to the area.  In fact you pre-date me by some considerable time obviously and have experienced the previous lash-ups.

Your match day experience wasn't good and if you experienced it then so will others and that bothers me.  I had bad experiences in the relatively recent past (oddly enough, I bought a replica shirt for myself about 5 years ago and felt like I was taking the shop guy's first born - and no, it wasn't the current man). I try to represent the feelings of the Supporters Club and the Supporters in general.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:27 pm

Ok fair enough Dan, I don't want to upset or fall out with anyone here.

We all crave success for the team but what matters most to me, after 36 years in this town, is finally having a football club we can be proud of.  Cool
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:22 pm

[quote="trevdee"]
    gedmaloney wrote:

Have a good one - another piña colada barman  before I return to the real world☀ Very Happy 
    Can we make sure Simon is at the Q&A please?  I for one wont hold back so tell him to come with some additional thick skin.

Oh and Ged, I can talk from past experience - the raffle against Chester last season passed on to the supporters club, very unorganized, rushed, slap dash, no communication from the Harrogate Town side of things, poor planning meant poor takings (one of many examples I could give, and the word "whing it" was used in the little communication that took place). So you see, I have experienced it with my own eyes, therefore please don't try and question my intelligence, and should I want to take that experience and share it with others (in this instance, DK), then I will. But then this is typical Harrogate Town, gloss around the cracks and hope the cracks don't show. Do you blame me for making comparisons with that experience and the way Simon is managing the team currently, it seems a similar standard right across the club?

I am not questioning your intelligence but am questioning your ability to make the sort of widespread statements you make when you are not involved in any way other than as a supporter. There are a number of initiatives that have taken place within the Club that have been successful in terms of increased attendances and increased sales which have received positive feedback from both home and visiting supporters so my own feeling is that your comments give a false picture of reality.
    Your comments about the Q&A session are also disconcerting - "can we make sure SImon is there" - Simon is more than happy to answer any questions whether at a Q&A or after a match, something which most managers wouldn't give a toss about doing.
    And the point you make about sharing your views - I'm sure you won't mind me doing the same thing all in the sense of balance of course!!sunny 
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:40 pm

Ged, if the current form goes on, we will see how well received the initiatives would be with a club sat in the bottom half of the table than the top half. People want to see this club be successful on and off the pitch. 1 part has been accomplished off the pitch, much to the credit of the people involved, but the other part is a big problem. The performances on the pitch. As I mentioned in a previous post, football is a results business. We are getting the results off the pitch, but we aren't on the pitch. I really hope that the form turns around, I really do, but based on current results, and the fact that the basic mistakes aren't being learned from, concerns me, as a supporter.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:25 pm

gedmaloney wrote:
    trevdee wrote:
    gedmaloney wrote:

I am not questioning your intelligence but am questioning your ability to make the sort of widespread statements you make when you are not involved in any way other than as a supporter. There are a number of initiatives that have taken place within the Club that have been successful in terms of increased attendances and increased sales which have received positive feedback from both home and visiting supporters so my own feeling is that your comments give a false picture of reality.
    Your comments about the Q&A session are also disconcerting - "can we make sure SImon is there" - Simon is more than happy to answer any questions whether at a Q&A or after a match, something which most managers wouldn't give a toss about doing.
    And the point you make about sharing your views - I'm sure you won't mind me doing the same thing all in the sense of balance of course!!sunny 
    Your views are most welcome, as is anyones on here, different views keep the place healthy.
    I do think you are missing the point I was making to DK. I do not claim to know the ins and outs of the club, DK had a disappointing experience with Phil in the shop, I was sticking up for Phil, and considering I spent a lot of time in that shop with Phil last season am able to talk about the communication issues..Yes my answer looked angry and hyped but to be honest I am really really disappointed with the club at the moment, 2 steps forward 10 steps back....And since you opened up the subject regarding "successful initiatives", I am really really trying hard to understand how the Harrogate Town internals measure success because from where I am sitting, after the performances at these games there isn't going to be any additional fans gained (yeah perhaps short term food revenue gain).

There is a simple solution to all of this family politics, propaganda (to which some fans are so daft, they continue to believe - Martin), I will just keep my £12 in my pocket, infact £24 because I always attend with my brother.....so that 2 down already, I have no doubt plenty more will follow!
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:36 pm

trevdee wrote:
    gedmaloney wrote:
    trevdee wrote:
    gedmaloney wrote:

Your views are most welcome, as is anyones on here, different views keep the place healthy.
    I do think you are missing the point I was making to DK. I do not claim to know the ins and outs of the club, DK had a disappointing experience with Phil in the shop, I was sticking up for Phil, and considering I spent a lot of time in that shop with Phil last season am able to talk about the communication issues..Yes my answer looked angry and hyped but to be honest I am really really disappointed with the club at the moment, 2 steps forward 10 steps back....And since you opened up the subject regarding "successful initiatives", I am really really trying hard to understand how the Harrogate Town internals measure success because from where I am sitting, after the performances at these games there isn't going to be any additional fans gained (yeah perhaps short term food revenue gain).

There is a simple solution to all of this family politics, propaganda (to which some fans are so daft, they continue to believe - Martin), I will just keep my £12 in my pocket, infact £24 because I always attend with my brother.....so that 2 down already, I have no doubt plenty more will follow!
    Let's throw up the white flag! Can't wait to get home!affraid 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 9:40 pm