Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+8
Dan_Gleebitz
sulphurite
gedmaloney
Ball and Socket
Dark Knight
TheNeil29
V'
Innocent Bystander
12 posters

Barrow Thread

Innocent Bystander

Barrow Thread Empty Barrow Thread

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:54 am

Assuming the players back up ok injury-wise after the efforts of yesterday ... who starts? Will Woodsie come into the team - perhaps at the expense of Nelthorpe or Worsfield? Would you start with Tommy Wright to give Chris Hall a breather?
    V'
    V'

Barrow Thread Empty Re: Barrow Thread

Post by V' Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:42 am

All the best for today, I predict Barrow 1 Town 4.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:56 pm

As much as I like Michael Woods as a player, I wouldn't change from Saturday's team selection. Just keep the status quo, and if we do struggle, bring him on.

He is a game changer, but I just think that based on Saturday's result. If its not broken...
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:16 pm

Never an easy place to go and I would be happy with 4 points from the next two
    But we are in form and firing!
    Early days! It usually takes around 44 games for the league table to take shape!!!!!!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:34 pm

I think based on current form, this should be an away victory, but as you say, it will take shape after ten games. The next two games will be a good indicator of where we are at.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:15 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:As much as I like Michael Woods as a player, I wouldn't change from Saturday's team selection. Just keep the status quo, and if we do struggle, bring him on.

He is a game changer, but I just think that based on Saturday's result. If its not broken...
    What did you think of Brown on Saturday? Personally I thought he was in a slumber. Bit underwhelmed by him so far. Neutral 
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:24 pm

When he gets into full stride, Anton will be a Rolls Royce in a Conference North populated by second hand Datsun Cherries
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:43 pm

Innocent Bystander wrote:When he gets into full stride, Anton will be a Rolls Royce in a Conference North populated by second hand Datsun Cherries
    I hope you're right because if there's one thing I hate it's a player with a great physical presence...who minces around.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:50 pm

It could be Anton, it could be Woods, but it wouldn't surprise me if he started with Hall on the bench, and play woods behind Worsfold. But for me tonight. Tommy Wright upfront with Woodsy playing off him, retaining Adam and Anton in Midfield with Nelly/Cleveland and Dominic on the wings and Samuels to start at right back. Then with the bench. Worsfold, Hall, Bloomer, Crook, Nowakowski. It gives Simon 5/6 options to change tactically.
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:58 pm

Looks like Alex Meechan has the role of Barrow No.2. He's player/coach and after his brief spell at Wetherby Rd I know he feels he has a point or two to prove. This is an ideal opportunity for him and I hope our lads are up for a battle at 6.30. No complacency from any of our squad after the 5-0 dispatch of North Ferriby. We need to play with a high tempo and get at them from the off. We have the players to do it. I think Woods will get a run out in the last 20 or so depending how close the game is. He is chomping at the bit to play. Anton and Nelthorpe are getting match fit and will come good. I would not fancy being in their back four today if I was one on one with Rowe!! Now you see me...... now you don't. I think this will be a very tough match and as long as we can keeo 11 men on the pitch we should edge it by the odd goal. COME ON TOWN. COME ON YOU SULPHURITES
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:03 pm

Chib scored for Bradford today in a 2-2 draw v Stalybridge
    Stockport lost at home 0-1 to Colwyn Bay and their fans seem to be on the verge of something drastic! Altrincham 4 from 4 but Hednesford drew away so Town can be handily placed with 3 points tonight. As Ball and Socket rightly points out - Barrow can be an unforgiving and intimidating place to play - but we have the team!
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:04 pm

Pleased to see Railway winning 2-0 today!

Post by Guest Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:33 pm

Believe it or not I was all set for a spur of the moment to travel up to this one until my 3 yr old fell off his bike and we all ended up in A & E! Anyway, ageee with Neil, absolutely no point altering a winning formula. More of the same please, keep the momentum going.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:17 pm

Same team as Saturday
    Michael Woods replaces Alan White on the bench
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:20 pm

Innocent Bystander wrote:Pleased to see Railway winning 2-0 today!
    Just for information - Peter Crook outstanding and an excellent number 2. Sam Jones - 1st time I have seen him play and you would expect him to dominate at this level - he did just that and more - another great prospect. Beez up front I feel is benefitting from 90 minutes match time and works his butt off.

Robbie YOuhill going forward causes loads of problems and CRaig played well both defensively and some great overlaps.

3 games unbeaten - good news all round:bball: 
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:52 pm

Town 1-0 down after 54 mins
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:06 pm

Had a goal disallowed for off side... damn Sad 

Who scored for Barrow?
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:28 pm

Town lose 1-0 at Holker Street - never an easy place to go - time to regroup and bounce back v Stockport County on Saturday
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:14 pm

Slightly disappointing that we couldn't build on Saturday. But on the other hand. we have played 4 games in 9 days, and considering that included tough games against North Ferriby and Barrow, and that we have 7 points out of a possible 12, I'm not looking into the Barrow result too much at all.

Just hope the boys rest up and get a few well deserved days rest, and then just come out against Stockport on Saturday and do the business, which I'm sure they will.

I noticed their were 44 guests whilst I was composing this, and i'm safely assuming that most of the first team squad are having a look at the feed. It sounds like it just wasnt our night.

Just stay positive, and keep the faith. It will all come good.

Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:16 am

Correct me if I'm wrong TheNeil, but hasn't every other team in the division played 4 games in 9 days?

Having said that, I get the distinct impression that Simon might be just a little peeved................

Heads might roll

Altrincham won again last night, beating Vauxhall..........

Oxford City (were they REALLY one of the favorites?) lost at home again, to a fast starting Brackley (who have yet to concede a goal)................

Last edited by Dan_Gleebitz on Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:35 am

Hi Dan,

My bad, I didnt realise that we had all played 4 games. But saying that, to get Oxford, Barrow and North Ferriby for 3 of our first 4 games, and Stockport and Telford to come, we have done well to get 7 points, so far, but in all essence, it should be maximum points as we should have won against Vauxhall, and if that above link is anything to go by, we should have won that game at Barrow as well.

Match report will be interesting...
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:20 am

Looks like it will have to be the play offs this year Alty will walk the league like Chester last season mainly because the have a proven strike force who will always score goals (they lost one goalscorer but went out and signed another) oh what i would have done for a couple of the five goals we scored on saturday last night Mad 
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:08 pm

Yes, as I have said, no need to panic, but the performance appears to have been appalling. Remember we are suppossed to have one of the strongest teams in the league (and wage bill presumably, none of those new signings is gonna be playing for peanuts), so I think just saying it doesn't really matter isn't good enough, and certainly Simon was apparently furious, so maybe we should be too. I'm feeling a bit depressed at a golden chance to push up the league, and worried about how such good players can, it would seem, play so badly. No excuses for next Saturday.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:31 pm

Well you can knock 200 + of the gate on Saturday after last night Evil or Very Mad we should have beaten them they are a struggling team even Park Avenue got a draw with them and they are not very good

quote from the BPA forum

They say a week is a long time in football. Last Monday Avenue were truly given the run around by NFU and were indeed fortunate to only lose 4-0. On Saturday Avenue totally dominated Barrow for the first 45 mins (two Barrow fans sat behind me said at half time they were fortunate not to be 5-1 behind in fact they should have been 5-0 behind because they should not have had the one). Whilst the second half was more even with both sides having an equal number of very good chances in truth Barrow were one of the worst sides we have played in the Conference North. On the same day i.e. last Saturday Harrogate Town stuffed the previously magnificent NFU 5-0. So last night Barrow who were hopeless on Saturday met Harrogate conquerors of NFU and Barrow won 1-0! How could a side that were so utterly hopeless as they were on Saturday beat the team that slaughtered the team that slaughtered us. Funny game football!

says it all really, time to get the big stick out Simon or get us a goal poacher who will get us 25+ goals a season if NFU a village team can get one why can't we its not as if we are broke i really think mid table is where we will end up this season we are just not consistant enough to do any better, how can we score 5 against NFU and fail to score against Barrow is beyond me
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:47 pm

Dan_Gleebitz wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong TheNeil, but hasn't every other team in the division played 4 games in 9 days?
    Not only that, you couldn't really use it as an excuse when the club have openly trumpeted their improved fitness levels and when we have several players absolutely chomping at the bit for a game.

Still, we have two really tasty fixtures coming up so everyone should be bang up for it. sunny 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:16 am