Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
Big Lundy
pie and chips
Innocent Bystander
7 posters

Barrow 0-1

Innocent Bystander

Barrow 0-1 Empty Barrow 0-1

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:19 pm

A gentle stroll to Wetherby Road for today's game
    Thought we played ok but lack a cutting edge - the same has been said many times before on the forum
    Crook's penalty save was superb; he had no chance with the free kick for Barrow's winner
    Town finished well - Kerry did well in the last 30 minutes, Colbeck looks excellent - wished he would get to the bye-line more though instead of early crosses that are too easily picked off
    First choice mid-field? Colbeck, Thirwell, Nyoni, Daniels
    No sign of Jake Speight today? Someone told me he was at the ground though.
    Great to have a beer with Pie and Chips and also catch up briefly with other forum members in the bar at half time.

pie and chips

Barrow 0-1 Empty Re: Barrow 0-1

Post by pie and chips Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:14 pm

Agree with your comments, I thought we were unlucky not to at least draw, but some good individual performances.
    Don't know who you had a beer with, but it wasn't me!
    Would have been pleased to, if I had been in the bar!!
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:55 am

One pint and I haven;t got a clue who I am with! I think it was Trevdee - and best wishes to him with the rehab on his injured hand!
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:15 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:41 am

Another very enjoyable game on Saturday, we pretty well matched them throughout the match and a draw would not have been an unfair result. Lots of positives: Colbeck has already become my favourite player, and Danny Ellis looks real class. With him McGurk and Shiels we are in clover re: centre backs. Midfield looks promising with Thirlwell, Nyoni, Kerry and both Gascoigne and Fallowfield to come back. Turner is an excellent right back. Have we seen Swain yet this season? And, of course, Peter Crook just keeps getting better! Daniels looks promising too.

So what about goals? Still the big problem as far as I am concerned. As I have said I really like both Clayton and Thewlis (both did well Saturday), but are they going to be heavy scorers in the National North? Hope I am wrong but I can't really see them getting more than 10/12 goals per season. Beesley (a strange signing anyway) is now, it would seem, out for most of the season, and, until Gascoigne comes back (when?) we don't really have any goal scoring midfielders. Problem. I can see us playing really well in loads of games and still losing 1-0 or 2-1.

We must have made £30,000 plus from the Leeds game, and its surely not too late to try for a proven quality striker. OK we all know the track record there isn't so good, but, you never know,
    10th time lucky! The guy Bower on Saturday didn't really look up to it, so I hope we have not given up on this.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:53 am

I heard Beasley may not feature much this season after sustaining a bad injury (I am hoping I dreamt it).
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:56 am

Having two fit strikers so near the start of the season is plainly not acceptable. Hope this is being worked on.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:18 am

trevdee wrote:I heard Beasley may not feature much this season after sustaining a bad injury (I am hoping I dreamt it).

From what I gather, it is a really bad ligament injury. possibly a season ender.

That's a shame really, because it depletes the striking options somewhat.

I'm sure Simon will be looking to address this area of the squad in due course.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:26 am

I've just noticed, that's quite a low attendance for a Saturday pre-season friendly? Just over 200? I'd have expected 5-600 at least.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:30 am

Probably just one or two Barrow fans and I don't think the £10 entrance fee helped much. But at least Gary took note and is only charging a fiver on Wednesday night.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:37 am

Well, I will be coming along to the Gateshead game on Wednesday, so it will be interesting to see how they have built on the Leeds game, which I was impressed with.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:39 am

paulstreet wrote:Having two fit strikers so near the start of the season is plainly not acceptable. Hope this is being worked on.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:40 am

I was on the ball as usual!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:19 am