Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+5
Mordecai
TheNeil29
Big Lundy
Innocent Bystander
gedmaloney
9 posters

Can We Get 1000 Down on Tuesday

trevdee
    trevdee

Can We Get 1000 Down on Tuesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Can We Get 1000 Down on Tuesday

Post by trevdee Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:55 pm

I thought the crowd was a decent turnout but I heard a group of guys saying "a usual Harrogate style, hoof ball" so they obviously come once every 4 years..........So in all the whole exercise was a bit of a waste apart from some short term revenue gain.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Can We Get 1000 Down on Tuesday - Page 2 Empty Re: Can We Get 1000 Down on Tuesday

Post by Dark Knight Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:01 pm

I like the ambition. Let's keep trying eh?

Post by Guest Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:23 pm

it doesn't matter whether the headline says target or can we get 1000, the result is the same. People then rightly question whether the initiative worked or not. Not sure what the issue is with that? I would say that the initiative did work so no need to get your knickers in a twist, Ged - in fact if you read back my post then you'd see that I thought an attendance of over 600 for a midweek game (in the summer holidays) was pretty good. The headline figure, however you want to dress it up, was unnecessary though.

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:33 pm

Lets see what happens on Saturday: Will Feriby bring about 80/100 (they don't get big crowds), maybe less than that. I'd like to see 500 on Saturday, not unrealistic I feel.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:40 pm

perhaps there could be some collaboration between what the commercial team are planning and Simon's team plans...kind of makes sense - lets put on a bit of a show whilst winning at the same time so I defiantly wont tinker by putting our worst player up front!

And wait for the interview, famous last words "I got it wrong"............My answer- go with what you know!

So for Saturday, lets go with what we know and we should be able to squeeze a win.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:36 am

Just listened to the interview with Simon and to be fair he acknowledged what all of us said on this forum...second half we were poor! And admitted he felt deflated because the team 'let down' the bigger than usual crowd.
    Great opportunity to put things right tomorrow (excitement building!), if we CAN get a win against Ferriby what a boost that will be. I'm in optimistic mode again Smile 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:12 pm