Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+5
TooManyPies
Grantman
gedmaloney
TheNeil29
trevdee
9 posters

Realistically can we make playoffs?

trevdee
    trevdee

Realistically can we make playoffs? Empty Realistically can we make playoffs?

Post by trevdee Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:14 pm

Games to go plus an away fixture against Halifax to be added:

Tue 26 Feb : Boston United (H)
    Sat 2 Mar : Histon (H)
    Tue 5 Mar : Colwyn Bay (H)
    Sat 9 Mar : Chester FC (H)
    Tue 12 Mar : Bishops Stortford (H)
    Sat 16 Mar : Corby Town (A)
    Tue 19 Mar : Bishops Stortford (A)
    Sat 23 Mar : FC Halifax Town (H)
    Wed 27 Mar : Solihull Moors (A)
    Sat 30 Mar : Bradford Park Avenue (A)
    Mon 1 Apr : Gainsborough Trinity (H)
    Sat 6 Apr : Solihull Moors (H)
    Tue 9 Apr : Gloucester City (H)
    Sat 13 Apr : Oxford City (A)
    Sat 20 Apr : Stalybridge Celtic (H)
    Tue 23 Apr : Guiseley AFC (H)
    Sat 27 Apr : Vauxhall Motors (A)
    TBA Halifax (A)

Still quite a few games, infact nearly half a season for us. Since momentum was mentioned by B&S earlier, I thought I would open up the discussion around our remaining fixtures. For me, still a long way to go but I would expect if the pitch improves we should win most of those home games.......The big games for me are Chester, Guiseley, Gainsborough and Halifax but I would expect us to gain points here as they are at home. The Gainsborough game could be a very crucial 6 pointer but there are a number of teams on that list, who on their day could turn us over (BPA, Soliull, Gloucester, Histon).
    TheNeil29

Realistically can we make playoffs? Empty Re: Realistically can we make playoffs?

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:02 am

So, now we are on the following remaining fixtures, and my predictions are as follows:

Sat 2 Mar : Histon (H) Win
    Tue 5 Mar : Colwyn Bay (H) Draw (2 games in 3 days?, i'd be happy with a draw)
    Sat 9 Mar : Chester FC (H) Loss
    Tue 12 Mar : Bishops Stortford (H) Win
    Sat 16 Mar : Corby Town (A) Win
    Tue 19 Mar : Bishops Stortford (A) Draw
    Sat 23 Mar : FC Halifax Town (H) Draw
    Wed 27 Mar : Solihull Moors (A) Win
    Sat 30 Mar : Bradford Park Avenue (A) Loss
    Mon 1 Apr : Gainsborough Trinity (H) Draw
    Sat 6 Apr : Solihull Moors (H) Win
    Tue 9 Apr : Gloucester City (H) Win
    Sat 13 Apr : Oxford City (A) Win
    Sat 20 Apr : Stalybridge Celtic (H) Draw
    Tue 23 Apr : Guiseley AFC (H) Loss
    Sat 27 Apr : Vauxhall Motors (A) Draw
    TBA Halifax (A) Loss

Hypethetically speaking, that is a possible 73 points, which should be easily good enough for a spot in the Playoffs, and my prediction for the Top 6 is:

Promoted:

1. Chester

Playoffs:

3. Guiseley
    4. Brackley
    5. Halifax
    6. Harrogate

I'd be interested in finding out other peoples opinions, as I am pretty convinced, the playoffs is completely realistic.

gedmaloney

Realistically can we make playoffs? Empty Re: Realistically can we make playoffs?

Post by gedmaloney Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:54 am

Just had someone on from the White House saying "Yes we can!!!!!!!!"
    Grantman

Post by Grantman Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:05 am

Apparently the Geezer from Del Monte - he says Yes
    TooManyPies

Post by TooManyPies Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:57 am

If we make play-offs then brilliant, if we don't due to fatigue then fair enough! I think it would take an exceptionally poor run to the end of the season to knock me off my feeling of positivity!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:50 pm

Yes, we are on a roll, the players are clearly 'up for it', so yes a REAL possibility. Barring dramatic collapses by either side or Atrincham going on a run, its obviously either us or Trinity for that 5th spot. Lets believe Smile
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:49 pm

We are in a good position just depends on how much we want it,
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:00 pm

Can we or will we, that is the question?

Neil, you put us down for a draw against Colwyn as we've played 2 games in 3 days. The following weekend we play Chester on Saturday and then Bishop Stortford on the following Tuesday, a team that's above Colwyn......

Unfortunately we will be playing at that frequency for the rest of the season (virtually). This adds another unknown in to the equation.

We've got 17 more matches to play - 10 at home and 7 away.

I'll be as pleased as a dog with two dinners (is that the expression? Wink ) if we do get into the playoffs but in all honesty I won't be too disappointed if we don't. With all that's gone on this season, being within touching distance will be an achievement.

But I reckon that next season a top 3 finish is on the cards at least.....
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:37 pm

Well, I have written off the Chester game, and would fancy our chances of getting 3 points against Bishops Stortford, more than Chester. You are correct that they may have very regular fixtures, but I have also do have the belief that Simon Weaver is currently getting the best out of what he has got (apart from a few tactical tweaks).

All my above predictions are totally realistic, and there is no reason that it cant be achieved. With the current squad, as it stands.

I am convinced that we will get to the playoffs. Believe.
    Up The Town
    Up The Town

Post by Up The Town Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:46 pm

Chester have beaten Gainsborough 3-1 tonight so we are now officially in 5th. Lets hope we can stay there
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:31 pm

Well it is ours to lose now...Gainsborough will be banking on us to lose against Chester and themselves but I have a sneaky suspicion, Woods and Knowles may do some damage.............Still in ore of how quick the tempo was in the first 20 mins on Tues!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:31 am