Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+9
j2021
Ball and Socket
rangerider
JackHTFC
nztownfan
Martin L
gedmaloney
Innocent Bystander
Big Lundy
13 posters

TOWN on TOUR! Gloucester City

Big Lundy

TOWN on TOUR! Gloucester City Empty TOWN on TOUR! Gloucester City

Post by Big Lundy Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:41 am

TOWN on TOUR!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Gloucester City (Away) BlueSquareBetNorth Sat 23rd Feb 2013 K.O. 3:00pm

Predictions:

Contacts/Directions:

Where to eat & drink:

Prices:
    Adults £12
    Concessions* £6
    *(11-16yrs, 65+yrs, NUS)
    Under 11 Free

No extra charge for a seat in the stand

History:

Ground:
    Abbey Business Stadium (Cheltenham Town F.C.)
    Capacity
    7,222 of which 4,168 are seated
    Record attendance 10,500 at Longlevens Gloucester, v Tottenham Hotspurs 1952
    Won 2-1

Last competitive match @ Gloucester City
    12/11/11 Blue Square Bet North
    Gloucester City 1 TOWN 0
    Att 275

Terrace Talk:

Gloucester City forum:

Live match coverage:

Innocent Bystander

TOWN on TOUR! Gloucester City Empty Re: TOWN on TOUR! Gloucester City

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:23 pm

All being well I will be there - a little detour on the way home to Windsor!
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:34 pm

30 or 1 man & his dog to Gloucester?
    Tough place to get a result so we could do with the support there!
    Sounds like it’s going to be to short notice now to get the numbers required for this one!
    Or is it?

gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:50 pm

Big Lundy wrote:30 or 1 man & his dog to Gloucester?
    Tough place to get a result so we could do with the support there!
    Sounds like it’s going to be to short notice now to get the numbers required for this one!
    Or is it?

Just a suggestion - if we get the all clear for a coach to Gloucester in the morning lets assume the price is somewhere around £15-£17. If you are interested in travelling, make sure you look on the forum in the morning and pay the relevant amount in the Supporters Club Shop tomorrow evening if you are attending the game. Would be good to get some support for the team down at Cheltenham FC on Saturday. bounce and would be good to have an idea of numbers tomorrow evening
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:28 pm

The “1 man & his dog crew” will be there.
    They go everywhere!!!!!
    Did Eddie Brown take many bookings?

Martin L

Post by Martin L Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:42 pm

2 up, happy days. Platt and Knowles.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:45 pm

Good result... happy to have Tom playing for us again (heres to hoping york release him in the summer Wink ) also a goal from Knowles who cant score at home Laughing

the playoff push has started Up The Town cheers

Post by Guest Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:47 pm

Even better when you see Alty and Halifax wobble.

S.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:27 pm

“The only positive was that we didn’t lose by more than 2 goals”
    Smile

JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:34 pm

WOO HOO
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:36 pm

there take on the game
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:30 pm

great result Very Happy to be honest i didn't think we would get anything there onwards and upwards
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:33 pm

Looks to be a very interesting run in from now. It feels good to be not worrying about relegation this season. Good Times to be a Town fan.

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:14 am

JackHTFC wrote:Looks to be a very interesting run in from now. It feels good to be not worrying about relegation this season. Good Times to be a Town fan.

Or maybe even a Town Supporter !?

S.
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:20 am

TS has been a fan since he can remember. The best part of 30 years. How long have you been a Town Supporter Slicker?

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:21 am

Ball and Socket wrote:TS has been a fan since he can remember. The best part of 30 years. How long have you been a Town Supporter Slicker?

What has age got to do with it ?

He never posts when the team does well, simple as that.

S.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:32 am

Have to agree, all Town Supporter wants is the manager sacked even though he is having a fantastic season, just don't understand it!
    Support the team, even if we do lose or even draw! We've already exceeded my expectations this season, obviously the play-offs would be an incredible achievement but I'm just pleased to have no relegation battle to worry about!
    tigerroar

Post by tigerroar Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:05 pm

Only one team in it yesterday to be fair.

Highlights - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    harrogateman

Post by harrogateman Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:53 pm

yeah really great result and performance from the lads. That makes up for tuesday becuase four points from the two and indeed seven from the the last 3 is great. Just gotta keep it going Smile

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:42 pm

Gainsborough play Chester away on Wednesday, great chance for us to close in on Tuesday night.

S.
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:45 pm

Its not age S its the number of years he has supported the club through thick and thin. If TS wants to voice his opinion like anyone else he is free to do so.To say he is only negative shows a complete misunderstanding of the comments he makes. I think you should stick to making comments about the club only and leave the personal stuff out. Did you ever see a Harrogate team that John Reed or Neil Aspin selected? If you had then you will understand that TS's comments reflected the inexperience that Simon has and that his first three seasons in football management were open for criticism and that most managers would have been sacked in the circumstances. Do you not agree? Simon has survived because the Chairman has shown tremendous support and given him an exceptional amount of time to learn his trade. This would certainly not have happened eleswhere. We all want our club to do as well as possible and TS due to the many years supporting the club is certainly entitled to his opinion. Just leave out the personal stuff and digs. I'm sure you would not appreciate any of it if it was directed at you.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:11 am

Great result, makes up for two points 'dropped' on Tuesday. I think Gainsborough are probably our major rivals for that 5th spot now (can't see Halifax messing up 4th spot, unless number of games gets to them), so we really need Chester to 'do the business' on Wednesday. Altrincham are inconsistent so we should be able to stay above them, all the others have probably played too many games more than us to catch us...this is assuming, of course, that we don't 'collapse' between now and the end of April, no reason why we should. Do need to make these home games count however.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:52 pm

Ball and Socket wrote:Its not age S its the number of years he has supported the club through thick and thin. If TS wants to voice his opinion like anyone else he is free to do so.To say he is only negative shows a complete misunderstanding of the comments he makes. I think you should stick to making comments about the club only and leave the personal stuff out. Did you ever see a Harrogate team that John Reed or Neil Aspin selected? If you had then you will understand that TS's comments reflected the inexperience that Simon has and that his first three seasons in football management were open for criticism and that most managers would have been sacked in the circumstances. Do you not agree? Simon has survived because the Chairman has shown tremendous support and given him an exceptional amount of time to learn his trade. This would certainly not have happened eleswhere. We all want our club to do as well as possible and TS due to the many years supporting the club is certainly entitled to his opinion. Just leave out the personal stuff and digs. I'm sure you would not appreciate any of it if it was directed at you.

I don't have a problem with anyone expressing their opinions, although consistently arguing for the manager to be sacked when the team are having their best season in years looks far more like a personal vendetta than people simply commenting on other peoples opinions.

We were a good Conference North team under Fotherby/Aspin, and we are now a good Conference North team under Weaver/Weaver.

S.

Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:11 pm

If we get in the play-offs then we can say that the season has been reasonable. To be a GOOD Conference North team we need to get promotion. Aspin's sides were always in the top half of the League and got in the play-offs once or twice. I would say his sides were not that good as they never got promotion. Simon has got a good mixture of experience and youth. If we get a play-off place then promotion is up for grabs. Promotion will then show us how Simon will develop the squad. His management skills will then be put to the test in THE CONFERENCE. After 4 years managing in the Conf North League many would expect a manager to take his side up the pyramid and keep them there. Chester have got promotion season on season and must be favourites to lift the Conference title next season. How do they do it? Is it bigger home gates, big travelling support, better players, better/more experienced management? Is Simon content to manage in this League for ever? If the team get promotion and do the same next year will Simon be tempted away because of his success. What would the Club Chairman do? John Reed left to go to Stalybridge because after several seasons he was fed up lack of movement in getting a new ground. Where does the future point?
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:38 pm

Unfortunately B&S, TS has got himself the reputation of jumping on any negative "happening" and "doing it to death", making himself (in my opinion anyway) distinctly boring. Any positives come across as very grudging. I get the feeling he does it deliberately and is in fact kind to animals and old people as well as being a great companion on a night out. Doesn't change the opinion I and I reckon a fair few others have though, based on his (?) postings so far.

Regarding Aspin, I too think that ultimately he was and still is, "a failure". He's found his level at Conference North/South and will have difficulty pushing on from there - I'd suggest that his time at Hafilax indicates his limits and they'll need to look again if they want to get further up the pyramid.

As TS will doubtless point out, I have been critical of Simon's tenure as Manager. So what? I can alter my opinion if new facts arise that mean I have to re-assess the situation. Unlike TS appears to do, I am prepared to look again and continue looking in the light of new evidence. Even with TS if the occasion arises. I try to view things in a rational manner and understand that things can change or be interpreted in different ways. In Simon's instance, I have 2 versions. Either:-

1. The club would have been better off starting him as an Assistant Manager, learning his trade first before becoming a full Manager. And only now are we reaping the benefits of his learning curve.

OR

2. His philosophy up until now has been out of step with what was required, but has now come fully in to step. Like an idea who's time has come. There are lots of them throughout history. And in that instance, Simon can be said to have been ahead of his time when he started.

Whichever it is, I don't really care. I'm not expecting us to get in to the playoffs this year (see elsewhere) but would I celebrate if we did cheers However, I've now got a reasonable chance of seeing good football at the CNG (ok, let's forget Oxford City, Altrincham and Droylsdon). Next season however will be a different matter. Based on the on-field progress (both team wise and grass wise) I'd say that a top 3 finish was a must.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:20 am