Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
BB
paulstreet
gedmaloney
7 posters

Gardeners World

gedmaloney

Gardeners World Empty Gardeners World

Post by gedmaloney Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:43 pm

Whilst not an expert in matters horticultural(ask the wife affraid) thought you would appreciate a non technical update. The pitch on Saturday was playable with the exception of 3 areas that will be returfed this week. The weather forecast for this week is encouraging and all the relevant work should be completed by the end of the week with a view to a big Wetherby Road relaunch at the home fixture planned for 16th February against Worcester.
    Everyone is frustrated - there is light at the end of the tunnel Wink Keep the faith (ps.the Worcester fixture will see the ground launch of the Harrogate Town Supporters Club - details to follow bom)
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Gardeners World Empty Re: Gardeners World

Post by paulstreet Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:27 am

Thanks for this Ged, lets get re-turfing!
    BB

Post by BB Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:14 pm

Thanks Ged,

I've got to say, I was a little perplexed last Wednesday, I think it was, listening to the Radio York reporter squelching over the pitch being shown the areas which needed to have turf on them before Saturday's game. Does it really only take 2 days for the turf to bind, or whatever it does?

The reporter also asked about the covers, and was told that the pitch was too wet to stand people walking across it putting the covers on.

Bearing in mind that the pitch wouldn't take the covers being put on, what chance was there of 22 blokes running around on it a day or so later?

Would it follow that if the covers can't be used on a Thursday, then the pitch won't take a match on the Saturday?

Apologies if I've misunderstood, and it's not a critiscism of anyone...in fact the club representative, Gary was it?, came across very well.

nobby99

Post by nobby99 Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:22 pm

Good to see a lot of work going on to the ground this week (although it was a bit concerning to see the workmen prodding the ground tentatively and looking very worried scratch )

Call me mad, but with heavy snow forecast Sunday, maybe, just possibly, consider putting the covers on this time ??? I know, crazy idea............. Otherwise its going to be 3 or 4 games a week come April time, probably played on the Stray...
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:32 pm

Might see if I can catch a peak of the ground over the weekend. Will do my best to get a pic
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:19 pm

I had a good look at it before the supporters meeting. Its looking very good.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:58 am

nobby99 wrote:Good to see a lot of work going on to the ground this week (although it was a bit concerning to see the workmen prodding the ground tentatively and looking very worried scratch )

Call me mad, but with heavy snow forecast Sunday, maybe, just possibly, consider putting the covers on this time ??? I know, crazy idea............. Otherwise its going to be 3 or 4 games a week come April time, probably played on the Stray...

Nobby, before the inevitable happens affraid just to make everyone aware that the question of puting the covers on has been raised by everyone, and I mean everyone, on the management team but we have to be guided by the experts (and the guys doing the work at the moment know what they are doing!) and they have suggested not to cover the pitch for a variety of reasons that I wont bore you with Rolling Eyes Prayer may be our only hope - did I see a crocus on the Stray yesterday cheers cheers
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:41 pm

How's the new turf bedding in??

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:46 pm