Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

.

    Qatar World Cup

    Share
    avatar
    Townfan

    Posts : 677
    Join date : 2009-06-07
    Age : 64
    Location : Starbeck

    Qatar World Cup

    Post by Townfan on Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:01 pm

    I know it's a long way off (I might be dead by then eh Lishke) but what has anybody got to say about it.
    I don't give a toss about the Premier League but I think it could be good for non-league.
    It could be a big bonus for non-league teams if all our pro-football is suspended for a couple of months. We might get a few more people coming through the turnstiles for their football fix on a Saturday afternoon.
    Anybody got any other thougts?

    GARAGE

    Posts : 351
    Join date : 2014-08-06

    Re: Qatar World Cup

    Post by GARAGE on Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:53 pm

    Townfan wrote:I know it's a long way off (I might be dead by then eh Lishke) but what has anybody got to say about it.
    I don't give a toss about the Premier League but I think it could be good for non-league.
    It could be a big bonus for non-league teams if all our pro-football is suspended for a couple of months. We might get a few more people coming through the turnstiles for their football fix on a Saturday afternoon.
    Anybody got any other thougts?

    All European teams should withdraw from the World Cup in 2022 in protest and maybe we'll finally get rid of Blatter and his cronies

    A1 drifter

    Posts : 339
    Join date : 2012-02-19
    Location : The Frozen North

    Re: Qatar World Cup

    Post by A1 drifter on Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:47 pm

    Not likely to happen. I agree with Townfan that it might show people that there is life (and good entertainment) beyond the Premier League.
    avatar
    Townfan

    Posts : 677
    Join date : 2009-06-07
    Age : 64
    Location : Starbeck

    Re: Qatar World Cup

    Post by Townfan on Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:00 am

    GARAGE wrote:
    Townfan wrote:I know it's a long way off (I might be dead by then eh Lishke) but what has anybody got to say about it.
    I don't give a toss about the Premier League but I think it could be good for non-league.
    It could be a big bonus for non-league teams if all our pro-football is suspended for a couple of months. We might get a few more people coming through the turnstiles for their football fix on a Saturday afternoon.
    Anybody got any other thougts?

    All European teams should withdraw from the World Cup in 2022 in protest and maybe we'll finally get rid of Blatter and his cronies
    At first it seems like a good idea Garage, but it would not alter the fact that club sides all over Europe have South American, African and other players in their squads who would be called up to their National teams. So with their League's still being suspended over the World Cup period they may as well enter it.
    avatar
    ultimate warrior

    Posts : 171
    Join date : 2014-03-19
    Location : Harrogate

    Re: Qatar World Cup

    Post by ultimate warrior on Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:40 am

    Townfan wrote:
    GARAGE wrote:
    Townfan wrote:I know it's a long way off (I might be dead by then eh Lishke) but what has anybody got to say about it.
    I don't give a toss about the Premier League but I think it could be good for non-league.
    It could be a big bonus for non-league teams if all our pro-football is suspended for a couple of months. We might get a few more people coming through the turnstiles for their football fix on a Saturday afternoon.
    Anybody got any other thougts?

    All European teams should withdraw from the World Cup in 2022 in protest and maybe we'll finally get rid of Blatter and his cronies
    At first it seems like a good idea Garage, but it would not alter the fact that club sides all over Europe have South American, African and other players in their squads who would be called up to their National teams. So with their League's still being suspended over the World Cup period they may as well enter it.

    A world cup without England Holland Spain France Italy Gemany etc etc would be a disaster for FIFA
    avatar
    Townfan

    Posts : 677
    Join date : 2009-06-07
    Age : 64
    Location : Starbeck

    Re: Qatar World Cup

    Post by Townfan on Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:35 pm

    Assuming England qualify U/W !!
    I see what you mean and it would. But those countries' domestic leagues are still going to be affected because of the South Americans, Africans and others playing for their club teams.
    avatar
    Town Lishke

    Posts : 102
    Join date : 2015-01-03

    Re: Qatar World Cup

    Post by Town Lishke on Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:43 pm

    Townfan wrote:I know it's a long way off (I might be dead by then eh Lishke) but what has anybody got to say about it.
    I don't give a toss about the Premier League but I think it could be good for non-league.
    It could be a big bonus for non-league teams if all our pro-football is suspended for a couple of months. We might get a few more people coming through the turnstiles for their football fix on a Saturday afternoon.
    Anybody got any other thougts?
    Haha! I wouldn't expect too many extras coming to watch that tripe. No doubt Daddy's boy will still be in charge though and you lot will all still be making excuses for him.
    avatar
    Townfan

    Posts : 677
    Join date : 2009-06-07
    Age : 64
    Location : Starbeck

    Re: Qatar World Cup

    Post by Townfan on Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:58 pm

    Town Lishke wrote:
    Townfan wrote:I know it's a long way off (I might be dead by then eh Lishke) but what has anybody got to say about it.
    I don't give a toss about the Premier League but I think it could be good for non-league.
    It could be a big bonus for non-league teams if all our pro-football is suspended for a couple of months. We might get a few more people coming through the turnstiles for their football fix on a Saturday afternoon.
    Anybody got any other thougts?
    Haha! I wouldn't expect too many extras coming to watch that tripe. No doubt Daddy's boy will still be in charge though and you lot will all still be making excuses for him.
    November/December 2022 is the best part of 7 years away.
    Got a crystal ball?
    Still haven't heard what this "Masterplan" is and am still alive.
    avatar
    Town Lishke

    Posts : 102
    Join date : 2015-01-03

    Re: Qatar World Cup

    Post by Town Lishke on Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:01 pm

    Townfan wrote:
    November/December 2022 is the best part of 7 years away.  
    Got a crystal ball?
    I don't think you need a crystal ball to see that the chances are Weaver will still be in charge, we'll still be crud, we'll still be waiting for the promise of conference football to materialise and we'll all still be having the same old arguments on here. Still, we'll have a lovely flat pitch and two nice new stands won't we?

    Townfan wrote:
    Still haven't heard what this "Masterplan" is and am still alive.
    I don't know a) why you didn't understand what I meant by it and b) why you're being like a dog with a bone about it. I wasn't even talking to you. It was pretty obvious I was referring to Simon's seemingly unshakable and deluded belief that one day he'll have "learned his trade" and become a half decent football manager, instead of the complete bum that he is.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Qatar World Cup

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:37 am