Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
Smelemon
JackHTFC
Innocent Bystander
7 posters

Histon (Away)

Innocent Bystander

Histon (Away) Empty Histon (Away)

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:08 am

Sadly cannot get there today as I have school soccer trials / training all afternoon. Hoping that we can build on the excellent win away at Drolysden on Tuesday - the confidence levels must be pretty high!

Histon (Away) Empty Re: Histon (Away)

Post by Guest Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:22 am

Good luck. Hope you get picked.

S.
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:30 pm

Histon are a place below us and from their 6 games they've won 2 drawn 1 and lost 3 but the major stat is the fact they've conceded 16!!!

C'mon Town!

Post by Guest Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:53 pm

2 - 1 to Town at half time.

Come on !

S.
    Smelemon
    Smelemon

Post by Smelemon Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:40 pm

3-1 win for town, and we now sit at 6th with a game in hand, one of the best starts to this league in our history, so proud of HTFC right now Smile
    Smelemon
    Smelemon

Post by Smelemon Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:41 pm

Not to mention if we had won that game in hand against Bishop's Stortford we'd be sat at 4th, let's keep this up, come on town!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:23 am

Blimey...all getting a bit scary now! 6th in the league with a game in hand and only 2 home games played. Am I dreaming this? Anyway once again congrats to Simon Weaver, its the team that he has assembled and it really looks to be working out: results, goals, attitude and style. We do have some real ex-league quality in this team now: Viega, Bolder, White, Osborne (what a signing he seems to be!) etc.

By the way who was that idiot who said Town had to go out and sign a star striker otherwise we'd never score goals? Oops, it was me Embarassed Embarassed Exclamation
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:48 pm

I agreed with you Paul.

Great result as it was a potential banana skin that we too often slipped on.

Really looking forward to Saturday.

The weather forecast is good for the Oxford match..........so Paul, I'd check the game's on before leaving home Wink Very Happy
    Hovis

Post by Hovis Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:51 pm

A great day out in Histon by the London branch of the Harrogate Town Supporters Club !! A great booze by the river in Cambridge before and after the game and we enjoyed watching a very different town team from last seasons 4 0 defeat at Histon . New faces and overall the team looked sharp and " up for it " so a great start to the season

Great to catch up with you loyal fans there and also get updated with the news from the club and the new players ...they all looked so young scoffing their curry before getting on the coach home .

Sadly it seems the London branch will only be able to make the Bishops Stortford game next , so see you all on the 22nd December where we might manage 3 or even 4 members to come along !!

Cheers
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:24 pm

Hi there

It was good to catch up again on Saturday. i knew I recognised you both from Kettering a few years ago. Everything is going well for Town at the minute which is great. A win against Oxford is surely on the cards !

Take care.

Ooh Town

Martin
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:47 pm

Come on you London supporters, what about a few week-end mini-breaks in Harrogate during the season...I believe the Majestic is quite good! After all some of us went to Belfast for a friendly!
    And yes Dan, I'll be watcing the weather forecast like a hawk on Friday/Saturday Laughing
    Hovis

Post by Hovis Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:17 pm

Hi Paul and Martin

Sorry for the delay on this and Histon is possibly now at the back of your minds after the defeat v Oxford and draw in the FA Cup ...however us exiled fans have a question , to help us get a bit more updated with Town

At Histon there was a well dressed old boy there in Harrogate blazer and tie ..is that the Chairman Irving Weaver senior ? Or was that somebody else ? I googled Irving Weaver and well he seemed younger than this chap at Histon ?? I also noted he was extremely wealthy so perhaps soon he might do a Man City or Chelsea for Town ?

Now we are also looking tpo buy Harrogate Town baseball caps ..is this possible ?

Paul we are trying to get back for some home games this year as we all have family still in Harrogate ...its more a case of getting permission from the wives for a lads weekend back in Harrogate!!! ..what are the better games to come to in terms of big crowds and atmosphere ??? I know Chester at home could be fun ? Any others ?

We might then splash out and sponser the game ?

Cheers London Branch !!! ps should we call ourslevs the London TITS ?? ha ha
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi there London fans ! I think the gentleman you are referring to was Mr Clive Dunnington, one of our Directors. He always looks very smart ! As far as games go, I would expect good support at the Chester game and Halifax game. I am not sure is Baseball caps are available, the shop doesnt seem to be stocked at the moment, I will take a look, the next time I am down there. It seems unlikely tomorrows game is on, we have had heavy rain all day, so unfortuately I would say it will be pulled.

Do keep in touch on the forum and keep me posted when you are next in Town.

regards

martin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:59 pm