Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
Maverick
Innocent Bystander
Johnny
JackHTFC
8 posters

Game 1: Town vs Alty Match Thread

JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Game 1: Town vs Alty Match Thread Empty Game 1: Town vs Alty Match Thread

Post by JackHTFC Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:47 am

Its BACK.

First league game under Weaver and the new regime!

Both teams will be looking to make a good start to the season. Alty fans are planning to bring a big gathering with the 150 mark being rumoured. The clubs have met on six previous occasions. Town have won three, Altrincham have won one, and there have been two draws.

Odds
    Harrogate 7/5 (favourites)
    Draw 12/5
    Alty 8/5

Previews, Predictions and Reviews.
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Game 1: Town vs Alty Match Thread Empty Re: Game 1: Town vs Alty Match Thread

Post by JackHTFC Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:31 pm

3-2. Good start to the season. Town definitly won the first half however the ball hardly came into their half in the second except for a couple of times and the one where we won the penalty. Didn't have a good view of their goals.

Alty fans were very quiet to say there was 150(?) of them!
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:10 pm

This was a great game to win. The way the players conducted themselves when down to 10 was magnificent, never saying die. It must have been easy for them to become overwhelmed, especially as they equalised and were pushing for a third. Mark Cook pulled off some absolutely stunning saves and had an amazing game, and the defence was solid near the end. Well done lads. Regardless, the win was made even sweeter by the fact a large section of their traveling support acted like brainless, thuggish morons. No wonder there were rioting problems in Manchester, given the ridiculously immature response of their fans to their own team's defeat.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:44 pm

3 vital points - defending after the Tate sending off was incredibly committed
    At 2-2 I was convinced we would lose - Cook made some stunning stops - so the extra 3 points will make a big difference to confidence
    Made all the better by Halifax losing 3-1 at home to Corby!! Laughing
    Maverick

Post by Maverick Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:39 pm

Well I hold my hands up I was totally wrong about the crowd ,I didn`t think they would bring a big support to to days game ,I am totally peeved that they caused so much trouble during and at the end of the game though, mindless thugs and morons are not welcome at Wetherby road and to have the balls to blame others and not themselves is yet again despicable beyond comprehension , enough talk of them....
    Well done Harrogate Town may we carry on like this all year and show that we can be a GREAT footballing TOWN
    WELL DONE LADS.................... Very Happy
    Alty Lad

Post by Alty Lad Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:59 pm

Maverick wrote:Well I hold my hands up I was totally wrong about the crowd ,I didn`t think they would bring a big support to to days game ,I am totally peeved that they caused so much trouble during and at the end of the game though, mindless thugs and morons are not welcome at Wetherby road and to have the balls to blame others and not themselves is yet again despicable beyond comprehension , enough talk of them....
    Well done Harrogate Town may we carry on like this all year and show that we can be a GREAT footballing TOWN

So much trouble? Dear me. Was anybody badly hurt?

Yes some of our fans may have been a bit worse for wear but many of them drank in your bar until 7pm.

Seeing as though the target is 750 fans a week I'd be a bit more gracious for the thousands of pounds we've given you today.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:22 am

Alty Lad wrote:
    Maverick wrote:Well I hold my hands up I was totally wrong about the crowd ,I didn`t think they would bring a big support to to days game ,I am totally peeved that they caused so much trouble during and at the end of the game though, mindless thugs and morons are not welcome at Wetherby road and to have the balls to blame others and not themselves is yet again despicable beyond comprehension , enough talk of them....

So much trouble? Dear me. Was anybody badly hurt?

Yes some of our fans may have been a bit worse for wear but many of them drank in your bar until 7pm.

Seeing as though the target is 750 fans a week I'd be a bit more gracious for the thousands of pounds we've given you today.

And which planet are you on? The swearing and behaviour from "some" Alty fans was disgraceful, should we thank you for that?

At the end of the day it was a well earned 3 points for us with 10 men for the last 30 minutes of the game, Alty must do better if they are to win the league.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:45 am

Well I think I have just about recovered after that dramatic match...hard act to follow for the rest of the season! The defending was superb, but I would have bet quite a large amount of money on us losing that game after it got to 2-2. Really committed defending. bodies on the line and all that, incredible. Looks like we don't have to worry about the absence of Armstrong re: penalties, Brayson and Wilson took theirs with great confidence. Great atmosphere as well, when we got the winner I thought the stand roof would come off! Hassan was getting a bit of stick from the people around me and its true he lacks some pace, but he got us the penalty that won the game.
    All in all a fantastic afternoon, but lets be cautious: on another day we might have lost 5-2. Roll on Stalybridge tomorrow, I hope to be there.
    Doggy

Post by Doggy Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:32 am

PS wrote: Hassan was getting a bit of stick from the people around me and its true he lacks some pace, but he got us the penalty that won the game.

He seemed great in the first half then in the second seemed to lack some pace. The other problem is we have he is only with us for a Month I think. So we'd better get the best out of him. Cool
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:42 am

Doggy wrote:PS wrote: Hassan was getting a bit of stick from the people around me and its true he lacks some pace, but he got us the penalty that won the game.

He seemed great in the first half then in the second seemed to lack some pace. The other problem is we have he is only with us for a Month I think. So we'd better get the best out of him. Cool

Well he did kind off miss pre season and I think Hassan was exactly the right player to partner Brayson.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:55 pm