Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Harrogate Town 0-0 AFC Telford

j2021

Harrogate Town 0-0 AFC Telford Empty Harrogate Town 0-0 AFC Telford

Post by j2021 Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:11 pm

Brilliant performance as weaver said in his interview from every single player out on that pitch, the back 4 including the keeper were immense, every player got stuck in and wernt scared to make a tackle and going forward we really went for it, even when we were down to 10 men!

Graeme Armstrong was fantastic his effort up front was a delight to see, and Phillips was a constant threat all game, same as scooby on the other flank and the 2 in centre mid got stuck in brillantly, Foster get around the pitch as quick as a 20 year old flying into tackles superbly not giving the opposition an inch of space and adam is great especially winning things in the air.

Lets keep this run going town!!!!!!
    SIMON WEAVER'S BARMY ARMY!!!!
    sagalout

Harrogate Town 0-0 AFC Telford Empty Re: Harrogate Town 0-0 AFC Telford

Post by sagalout Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:49 am

It really was an excellent performance and game - probably even better than the win on saturday.

The only downside was the sending off - yes the ref was crap and the player made a meal of it, but you just cant go in two footed and expect to stay on the pitch. That aside, every man put 100% effort in and Armstrong ran his heart out. You do get the feeling that Chib would have just made that bit of difference and converted a couple of the good chances we created. Telford must be gutted though - they must have been pretty confident of 3 poinst, especially when we went down the 10 men - its not as if we sat back and defended either!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:22 am

Did not go last night (just laziness I'm afraid!), looks as though I missed a good game. Great result certainly. Who was sent off? Really looks as though SW has 'made the breakthrough', which is good for us fans because he was staying anyway! Lets hope we can keep the bulk of this squad together next season. We need another quality striker to accompany Armstrong, apart from that we look pretty well set up.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:40 pm

paulstreet wrote:Did not go last night (just laziness I'm afraid!), looks as though I missed a good game. Great result certainly. Who was sent off? Really looks as though SW has 'made the breakthrough', which is good for us fans because he was staying anyway! Lets hope we can keep the bulk of this squad together next season. We need another quality striker to accompany Armstrong, apart from that we look pretty well set up.

It was a good game and one that we should have won really. Gary king was sent off for a Two footed challenge, which the ref gave a straight Red for, my view was that it was really a 50/50 and he was unlucky being sent off, the Ref reacted to Telford players and fans and the "injured" player was up and running pretty bloody quickly after the card.

We had a few decisions go against too, handballs and a clear foul/high tackle on scooby which should have evened the playing field, see article below and make your own minds up?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Overall though, an entertaining game and a well deserved point from the league leaders.
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:01 am

sulphurite wrote:
    paulstreet wrote:Did not go last night (just laziness I'm afraid!), looks as though I missed a good game. Great result certainly. Who was sent off? Really looks as though SW has 'made the breakthrough', which is good for us fans because he was staying anyway! Lets hope we can keep the bulk of this squad together next season. We need another quality striker to accompany Armstrong, apart from that we look pretty well set up.

It was a good game and one that we should have won really. Gary king was sent off for a Two footed challenge, which the ref gave a straight Red for, my view was that it was really a 50/50 and he was unlucky being sent off, the Ref reacted to Telford players and fans and the "injured" player was up and running pretty bloody quickly after the card.

We had a few decisions go against too, handballs and a clear foul/high tackle on scooby which should have evened the playing field, see article below and make your own minds up?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Overall though, an entertaining game and a well deserved point from the league leaders.
    The sending off was absolutely farcical, it's as if the ref didn't even consider the red until he saw the over reaction of all the Telford bench players and staff. A great game and I hope we can keep the momentum going.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:59 am