Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
sulphurite
JackHTFC
6 posters

Gainsborough Thread

JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Gainsborough Thread Empty Gainsborough Thread

Post by JackHTFC Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:02 pm

Town have a home tie against fellow strugglers Gainsborough as we sit 16th and they sit 18th this will be a real "Six Pointer"

Town can move up to 15th with a win

With Town playing very well on Tuesday anything could happen
    No new injury news has come up except for Pell Sad

What are your predictions and views?
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Gainsborough Thread Empty Re: Gainsborough Thread

Post by sulphurite Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:36 am

I would not like to predict the score, however I do hope for a win. These games are always tough with teams struggling to stay in the league.

Recently Trinity slipped to their first loss in four matches as an unbeaten run came to an end at the Hands of Stalybridge. So goes to prove they are more than capable of winning games and have improved since we last met.

Our form has still to become stable and a run of wins is very much needed.

Gainsborough players to watch: Nathan Peat, Ryan Kendall and Ryan Williams.

Last edited by sulphurite on Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:35 pm

After going 1-0 down we battled back to win 3-1 a great victory!

Town 0 GT 1: GT 49 mins
    Town 1 GT 1: HT Armstrong 55 mins
    Town 2 GT 1: HT James 57 mins
    Town 3 GT 1: HT Armstrong 71 mins (Penalty)

Overall a really good peformance especially from Scooby!
    Harry Gate

Post by Harry Gate Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:44 pm

how was the keeper?
    rosvere

Post by rosvere Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:37 pm

JackHTFC wrote:After going 1-0 down we battled back to win 3-1 a great victory!

Town 0 GT 1: GT 49 mins
    Town 1 GT 1: HT Armstrong 55 mins
    Town 2 GT 1: HT James 57 mins
    Town 3 GT 1: HT Armstrong 71 mins (Penalty)

Overall a really good peformance especially from Scooby!
    Scoobys work rate seems to be rubbing off.
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:54 pm

A man of the match peformance by Scooby truly Top Class!

Hopefully we can hang on to him
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:30 pm

Wasnt able to make it to day due to work, but people have told me Chilaka was the main man, won everything in the air and great work to set up 2 of the goals, sounds like we have a decent player on our hands, Great to here scooby is playing well, was always a cracking player, never gave less than 100% effort. And apprently picton again was a different class, when ive seen him this season, he looks composed and every bit a football league defender, ill be watching his progress closely Smile

KEEP IT UP TOWN!!!!!!
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:33 am

Consistency is key
    Hopefully we can have a good run of form till the end of the season that will give us a boost for next

11 games left, 33 points, avalible what is everyones targets for ending points and position?

P.S Harry Gate seems to be obsessed with the Keepers?
    Harry Gate

Post by Harry Gate Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:22 pm

Whats wrong with being interested in how the Keeper played?
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:42 pm

Well for the last 14 times youve posted it seems to have something to do with the keeper? do you know him?
    Harry Gate

Post by Harry Gate Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:19 pm

yea i do know him, and when i cant get through to watch him play i like to find out how he did.
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:34 pm

Oh k then,

First Goal was shot across him so he didnt have much chance

And the rest he played well and made some good saves throughout. Hes really good player
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:42 am

Well, what a great afternoon that was! Ive been critical in the past so only fair to give praise where its due. Apart from about 10 minutes at the end of the first half we were completely dominant throughout. Trinity weren't bad (they have some good players) but they were never really in it. Yes Marshall was good, but Chilaka I have to say was different class, made two goals and was a constant handful for the defence. Enjoy him while he is here because I can see him making his career much higher up the pyramid: still if Bradford do let him go I hope we raid the piggy bank to try and sign him! Agree that Picton is looking better and better each game (and credit to SW for signing him and seeing the potential). UNfair to criticise the manager after such a good performance (and he certainly picked the right team), but you do wonder why Chib was left on the bench till now. I have to say Saturday restored my enthusiasm a great deal (I had been getting more and more lukewarm in recent weeks).
    Only one game and lets hope its not a false dawn (there have been a few of those the last two years!), but I'll be enjoying it for the next week at least Smile
    By the way any chance of posting the goals on the site (the game was being filmed by us)?
    One other point: have you ever seen a better penalty taker (in any class of footrball) than Armstrong? He never looks remotely like missing.
    I suppose a slight concern has to be the attendance: a decent day weather wise, nothing on telly to compete and yet, take away 25/30 Trinity fans, and you have about 230 home supporters there. Need a lot more results like that to bring them back!

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:48 am

I thought we were much improved. We looked a decent side, well organised and on that performance, should be higher up the league table. The balance of the team was far better, the two forwards complimented each other well, worked hard and created space. Despite going a goal down, we didn’t panic and like all good teams do, actually raised our game which was pleasing to see. In terms of player’s performances, I'd also highlight, Craig James, who was superb in defence. Wayne Phillips was a constant threat as per usual.

Well done Simon, no complaints this time.

Jack - I'm fairly certain we'd already establsihed harry gate is the keeper's brother, hence his obvious interest in his performances.

Harry gate - keeper had nothing to do, apart from goal conceeded which he could do nothing about.
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:08 pm

Yes Weaver certainly found the right Forumla and the whole team made a Good performance if we played like that week in week out. We would be in the mix for Promotion!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:13 pm