Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
TheTown
Geoff
paulstreet
7 posters

More signings?

More signings? Empty More signings?

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:13 am

Anyone else a bit concerned that it's all gone a bit quiet on the signings front? I'm sure the likes of Sturdy, Woodhouse and Ryan won't be cheap - I wonder whether Simon has already spent his budget for this season. Might need to turn to Paul Williamson or Ricky Greenough for help!!!!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

More signings? Empty Re: More signings?

Post by paulstreet Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:17 am

I know I'm inclined to panic a bit, but I am concerned as well. There seems to have been total silence from the club the last couple of weeks after that flurry of activity. Anyway in 10 days time they will HAVE to have 11 players ready to play at Station View!
    Geoff

Post by Geoff Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:12 pm

Looks like the loan system / player trials for pre season friendlies will be in use in the coming days and weeks

Keep in mind too that the financial position of many clubs is fragile to say the least .... Hyde, Farsley, Stafford, Salisbury .. Team Bath have withdrawn from Bl Square South .... it is likely that many players will still be available or will become available in the near term
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:27 pm

I dont think we should all be get too worried yet. We've got a solid base to the team with a GK, few centre backs, couple centre midfielders and a striker all sorted up and signed for next year. A lot of players will have gone down to that trail and then the ones that have impressed will be called back for training and then tested out in the friendlys. Remember this happened last year with everyone getting worried then Scooby scored two against Leeds Reserves and Aaron Hardy had a quality game and both were signed up afterwards. There will be a few players that will be looked at in the friendly games like to Jon guy from York City posted before. Apart from Curtis Woodhouse and Ollie Ryan I dont think too many will be on great wages so I think we might be able to spread the money this year, just a thought.
    Fred

Post by Fred Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:36 am

Here we go again. The panic-stricken, headless chickens are off and running and the season is still a month away! When are these people going to learn? There will be loads of players down for training and the friendlies as there always are. Everybody knows, as usual, there are hundreds of players out there who will be looking for a club. The majority of players who are released during the summer have contracts which run until the 30th June. We'll have a large number of players around the club and then the manager ('Simon' now not 'Neil') will begin the usual process of reducing the squad (or players on trial wanting to sign or viewing their options) to fit his budget.

Try to relax at bit and fret a little less. There will be some players around to praise or complain about.

Cheers

Fred
    shaymen

More signings? Empty Danny Lowe & Richard Marshall

Post by shaymen Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:39 pm

Been training with Halifax Town, both due to play in their first pre season on Saturday, along with Hedge, Dean & Gray
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:21 pm

Fred wrote:Here we go again. The panic-stricken, headless chickens are off and running and the season is still a month away! When are these people going to learn? There will be loads of players down for training and the friendlies as there always are. Everybody knows, as usual, there are hundreds of players out there who will be looking for a club. The majority of players who are released during the summer have contracts which run until the 30th June. We'll have a large number of players around the club and then the manager ('Simon' now not 'Neil') will begin the usual process of reducing the squad (or players on trial wanting to sign or viewing their options) to fit his budget.

Try to relax at bit and fret a little less. There will be some players around to praise or complain about.

Cheers

Fred

Well said Fred. This panic from supporters happens every year and I for one cannot remember us starting the season with less than 16 players on the team sheet.
    H.H.T.T.
    H.H.T.T.

Post by H.H.T.T. Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:40 pm

pig well it still dident do us any good Sleep
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:26 pm

shaymen wrote:Been training with Halifax Town, both due to play in their first pre season on Saturday, along with Hedge, Dean & Gray

Cant believe the club have let both players go, easily two of the best performers last year and dont know why they would want to drop down a couple of leagues. Well I do, money, but thats not the point. Really felt scooby should have been kept, only have one striker signed up and although I'm not one of the doom merchants thinking we wont have enough players its still a bit frustrating.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:41 am

H.H.T.T. wrote:pig well it still dident do us any good Sleep

Depends what you call "any good".
    To finish in the top six (except last year) with the resources the club have is a real achievement in my opinion.
    Geoff

Post by Geoff Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:51 am

The club has had a complete clear out and that may be no bad thing. A new manager and coach will bring completely fresh ideas and they need total control over their squad. I cannot wait until next Saturday to see how the players are looking. We always pick up two or three players after the friendlies.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:18 pm