Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
Big Red Machine
Johnny
j2021
7 posters

Harrogate Town 2-1 Eastwood Town!!!!!

j2021

Harrogate Town 2-1 Eastwood Town!!!!! Empty Harrogate Town 2-1 Eastwood Town!!!!!

Post by j2021 Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:17 pm

Great performance from every single player out there tonight, there wasnt one player who hid away they all stood up and were counted for i loved seeing the effort and committment to block everything!!!! Brilliant performance lads!!!!

Sonny Bradley!!!
    is bloody brilliant, a fully deserved man of the match award, dont think he missed anything all night, be it on the ground or in the air he won everything, looked a brilliant prospect, could be our key man lets hope we keep him on loan longer,

Same for Hadley, loved seeing him getting shots on target at every opportunity and looked good the whole game, lets hope we can extend his loan,

The two strikers looked good, some great link-up play, Armstrong could possibly have has a couple in the first half had the ball not held up in the rain Sad but he ran and ran up front and got his deserved goal, thought Ellington was gunna get one as well but wasnt to be.

Loved seeing Bowey back as well, bossed that midfield area superbly,
    and a brilliant reflex save from that indirect free kick from the keeper,

Very happy, Well done Weaver,
    Lets keep this momentum going!!!!!!!

Last edited by j2021 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Johnny
    Johnny

Harrogate Town 2-1 Eastwood Town!!!!! Empty Re: Harrogate Town 2-1 Eastwood Town!!!!!

Post by Johnny Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:21 pm

We're gonna piss this league!

Harrogate Town 2-1 Eastwood Town!!!!! Empty Re: Harrogate Town 2-1 Eastwood Town!!!!!

Post by Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:22 pm

Should Weaver be knighted ?

S.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:24 pm

haha, not too sure about a knighthood yet, but a very encouraging performance tonight.
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:26 am

On balance, I would say that this was the right result although Eastwood's goal was a bit of a sickner, lovely volley but I felt sorry for Cook who had a good, solid game - his save from that free kick was a blinder!

Terrible weather made it difficult for both teams but we seemed to show more determination and it was good to see players getting stuck in and winning challenges. Bradley was immense and fully deserved the MOM award. I also thought Blooms had one of his best games in a Town shirt. Bowser was the catalyst for the midfield and Hardey again proved what a menace he can be, his goal was a good low shot which was what was needed in that weather. Toner also deserves a mention for his work rate!

Foster also looked lively and played some lovely balls, if the pitch hadn't been so quick some of those balls would had lead to other goals I am sure of it!

Armstrong and Ellington looked the biz up front, brilliant header by Armstrong, he knew where he was putting that! From where I was standing that looked a certain penalty on the Duke as the keeper clattered into him, the ref said that Danby had control of the ball - I don't think so as it had canoned off his chest from Ellington's flick! Also annoys me how players pretend they're hurt only to get up and take a kick two seconds later but hey ho!

Must admit I felt a wee bit nervous when Eastwood scored but well played to the lads they pulled back and dug in.

Three wins on the trot, lets keep it going lads!
    Harry Gate

Post by Harry Gate Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:38 am

How did the keeper do?
    j2021

Post by j2021 Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:01 am

Had a very good game, did everything that was asked of him, made 1 birilliant save from a free-kick it was smashed with such power his reflexes were klass to keep that out. Got a yellow card for time wasting but we dont mind a bit of that haha
    rosvere

Post by rosvere Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:44 am

Great result last night against a team going well.
    sagalout

Post by sagalout Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:21 pm

Yep, good performances all round and a good result.

Annoyingly I missed the first goal (still drinking in the crossbar) and didn't realise we were winning until about 70 mins! New keeper looks to be a big improvement, and the defence had a lot more confidence stood in front of him. (hopefully the shoulder injury isnt anything to worry about). The defnce did very well in the first 80 mins, then after getting tunred the once they seemed to go into panic mode again, but they got the result and that whats important at the moment to keep building confidence.

We shouldn't get too carried away looking at the quality of the opposition we've beaten, but these are definitely positive signs that things are finally heading in the right direction, so credit where its due to Weaver and he coaching staff Smile

Post by Guest Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:09 pm

I always knew it was only a matter of time before Weaver turned things around! Still a long way to go and other issues to be resolved (not least by the club itself in terms of engaging with supporters), but all the same another good result and lets keep the momentum going.
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:16 pm

Best performance from a Harrogate side under Weaver. On a night fit only for ducks 191 brave and loyal supporters went along to SUPPORT their team. Eastwood brought a bus load so that meant about 150 Sulphurites in attendance!! Don't just talk the talk, walk the walk!! Where were the rest of you? Watching Spurs run rings round Inter. Well I watched it on my recordings when I got home. So I had two treats last night you stay at homes!! Town were an unrecognisable team. Mind you there were several changes to the side from the last home game.Bradley at the back was immense. He won everything in the air and the ground and his recovery speed was great. Hardly gave them a sniff. He was M of M but Bowey was not far behind. He was the glue between defense and attack and encouraged all the team with his attitude. He covered every blade of grass.Excellent. Keeper was steady but got booked for time wasting which gave them the free kick that nearly took his hand off in saving. Keep the silly mistakes to a minimum. Overall perfermance was great. When we scored the second goal Simon Weaver was like a little boy opening an early Christmas present. Well, good on you Simon. Three in a row. The secret is to keep this going. Aw ra best!! Come on you SULPHURITES!!!
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:30 pm

Town Supporter you missed a really good team performance last night. Next home game FA Trophy.(Sat Nov 20th) Fancy a beer before. I'll bring last nights prog for you to have a look at!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 10:11 am