Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Fans' representative ???

Fans' representative ??? Empty Fans' representative ???

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:30 am

Good idea or not ? Opportunity to channel fans' views to the Board, make suggestions, attend Board meetings, etc.

Would be interested to hear other supporters views on the subject.
    Ball and Socket

Fans' representative ??? Empty Re: Fans' representative ???

Post by Ball and Socket Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:43 pm

If the club welcome supporters points of view they should be open to a suggestion like this.
    Bobby Thompson

Post by Bobby Thompson Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:36 am

Town supporter - why don't you put the suggestion in a letter, then 'toddle off' down the postbox and send it to Mr Williams. He seems a nice accomodating man judging by his reply to your earlier post! drunken
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:10 pm

Channel fan's views to the Board?
    Make suggestions?

Surely that's what the Forum is all about?
    As for attending Board meetings, I'm sure if you/we were prepared to put our hands in our pockets, dig deep, and invest in the purchase of shares,(if available)- well, then I guess we could attend Board meetings, if invited!!!

I've said before - Alan Williams is a reasonable guy, and will listen to any reasonable proposals.
    I wouldn't blame him for being wary about agreeing to meet some of the posters without an armed guard!
    (My last comment is not aimed at anyone posting on this thread!) cheers
    talktalk

Post by talktalk Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:40 pm

I agree with pie and chips, what right do we have to go and tell the Board what to do, I am sure they know how we feel, some of them read these forums. I also have to assume that those of us who want to tell them where they are going wrong, run successful Businesses and employ lots of people,have the finances in place to take over the Club when Bill says sod you you can have it, you know better, and he walks away. So lets have something concrete ready for a takeover bid, including the pennies. If we do have a demo on Tuesday, don't lets get upset when they have thier five penneth,We're all behind you town supporter, Ball & Socket, Bobby Thompson, just as long as you are all at the front, I'll be a long way behind you.
    Good Luck

talktalk

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:47 am

pie and chips wrote:Channel fan's views to the Board?
    Make suggestions?

Surely that's what the Forum is all about?
    As for attending Board meetings, I'm sure if you/we were prepared to put our hands in our pockets, dig deep, and invest in the purchase of shares,(if available)- well, then I guess we could attend Board meetings, if invited!!!

I've said before - Alan Williams is a reasonable guy, and will listen to any reasonable proposals.
    I wouldn't blame him for being wary about agreeing to meet some of the posters without an armed guard!
    (My last comment is not aimed at anyone posting on this thread!) cheers

Very helpful response, pie and chips, give yourself a big pat on the back for your very welcome contribution. A couple of points though ...

If you take a look around at various other clubs (both in the football league and non-league) you'll find that, generally the idea of a fans' representative works very well. Take a look at Charlton Athletic (as a good example) and it may surprise you to learn that they actually value the role of their supporters and welcome their input. Amazing really isn't it?!

Finally, I take exception to your point about making suggestions. This forum is not offically recognised by the club, nor is the other one (unlike Stalybridge and some other clubs where you will find their forum is part of the official website, and includes updates, from senior officials, etc). I should also make the point that Alan Williams encouraged us to address our concerns directly with the club, so the point about channeling supporters concerns is still a valid one (in my opinion).

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:53 am

talktalk wrote:I agree with pie and chips, what right do we have to go and tell the Board what to do, I am sure they know how we feel, some of them read these forums. I also have to assume that those of us who want to tell them where they are going wrong, run successful Businesses and employ lots of people,have the finances in place to take over the Club when Bill says sod you you can have it, you know better, and he walks away. So lets have something concrete ready for a takeover bid, including the pennies. If we do have a demo on Tuesday, don't lets get upset when they have thier five penneth,We're all behind you town supporter, Ball & Socket, Bobby Thompson, just as long as you are all at the front, I'll be a long way behind you.
    Good Luck

talktalk

"what right do we have to go and tell the Board what to do" Well, i think that's really the point of having a fans representative isn't it? Come on dear, try and keep up!

Unfortunately, I don't run a successful business, I just care deeply about this club which i've been supporting for over 20 years. Daft really, isn't it?!
    talktalk

Post by talktalk Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:42 am

well well well. they do say if you've lost your argument or have no justification or answers for your point, be rude or sarcastic with the people you are dealing with. " keep up my dear " "give yourself a pat on the back pie and chips ".

Looking back at the threads if someone dare be brave enough to offer you an opinion or shall we say disagree with your opinion, you take offence and become sarcastic or rude. I am shocked to discover you have no Business experience. Its no good going to a Board with opinions, they will want answers from you on how we should change and finance the changes. I think we are all well aware why Simon Weaver is still the Manager,and I for one don't think Bill and the Board are complete idiots. The worst thing in the world is to tell someone they are not doing it right then walk away without giving credible solutions.

I look forward to you posting your answers, where its all going wrong, what the solution is and where the finance will come from to alter things. Please share it with us, you do want us to back you in your proposals, it would be nice to know what we are being asked to back. I am quite prepared to offer some finance if others are, but whether I could sustain or imagine whats needed at this level year on year I am not sure. I hope you might enlighten us.I assume you know.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:32 am

talktalk wrote:well well well. they do say if you've lost your argument or have no justification or answers for your point, be rude or sarcastic with the people you are dealing with. " keep up my dear " "give yourself a pat on the back pie and chips ".

Looking back at the threads if someone dare be brave enough to offer you an opinion or shall we say disagree with your opinion, you take offence and become sarcastic or rude. I am shocked to discover you have no Business experience. Its no good going to a Board with opinions, they will want answers from you on how we should change and finance the changes. I think we are all well aware why Simon Weaver is still the Manager,and I for one don't think Bill and the Board are complete idiots. The worst thing in the world is to tell someone they are not doing it right then walk away without giving credible solutions.

I look forward to you posting your answers, where its all going wrong, what the solution is and where the finance will come from to alter things. Please share it with us, you do want us to back you in your proposals, it would be nice to know what we are being asked to back. I am quite prepared to offer some finance if others are, but whether I could sustain or imagine whats needed at this level year on year I am not sure. I hope you might enlighten us.I assume you know.

Lovely to hear from you talktalk, although I don't recall saying i had no business experience, just that I don't run a successful business.

I would have thought that the cost of running a fans' representative scheme would be minimal, but obviously not running a successful business myself, I may be wrong.

The intention of my original post was merely to establish whether supporters favoured the idea of having a fans' representative, not outline a major business case, with full costings, etc. If the basis for making a suggestion is that you need to qualify it with costings, not to mention legal implications and everything else, then perhaps I need to be more restrained in my approach next time.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:36 am

talktalk wrote:well well well. they do say if you've lost your argument or have no justification or answers for your point, be rude or sarcastic with the people you are dealing with. " keep up my dear " "give yourself a pat on the back pie and chips ".

talktalk, interesting reading back your posts that you appear to make the same spelling and grammatical errors as a certain other person who has posted on here, not to mention referring to the same old tired and sorry arguments. Ha ha
    talktalk

Post by talktalk Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:29 pm

I don't know who you think I am as I have only posted twice before, this being the third. You speak to me at most games and you do know me quite well, but I have to say you are an entirely different person yourself in the flesh not as bitter and as angry as you are on here. If making a mistake in my grammar and spelling, puts you on the wrong tack I will carry on because after this morning you might not want to speak to me again. You can be as forceful as you wish in your opinions and suggestions, just don't get annoyed when people disagree with you. See you Tuesday.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:29 pm

talktalk wrote:I don't know who you think I am as I have only posted twice before, this being the third. You speak to me at most games and you do know me quite well, but I have to say you are an entirely different person yourself in the flesh not as bitter and as angry as you are on here. If making a mistake in my grammar and spelling, puts you on the wrong tack I will carry on because after this morning you might not want to speak to me again. You can be as forceful as you wish in your opinions and suggestions, just don't get annoyed when people disagree with you. See you Tuesday.

I expect you're right and some of my posts do come across as bitter and angry. In the main, that's how i feel about how the club is being managed right now.
    Doggy

Post by Doggy Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:17 pm

Lads, don't take it out on each other. At the end of the day we are on the forum for an exchange of ideas and thoughts. Then on match days stand shoulder to shoulder to get behind the Squad and that there W#@ver. cheers

pie and chips

Post by pie and chips Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:01 pm

Flippin heck!
    I've no problem with a fan's rep, but I just feel it isn't likely to happen at present.
    I agree with Doggy, let's stick to using the Forum as a sounding board, and remember that sarcasm is never used in reasonable discussion. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:39 am