Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
sulphurite
YoungStato123
j2021
7 posters

Nowhere to Hyde

Nowhere to Hyde Empty Nowhere to Hyde

Post by Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:39 pm

Deeply depressed by todays performance.

Seriously worried about next week against FC Halifax.

We consistently throw long balls forward, the players are almost panicking in possession. We need someone to play off the front two or who will come deeper to pick up the ball and play it in to the strikers. Whatever happened to the type of player we used to call a midfield general, who never moved out of the centre circle, never lost possession and bossed a game.

We are playing to other teams strengths all the time.

At least we can now get bacon sandwiches.

S.
    j2021

Nowhere to Hyde Empty Re: Nowhere to Hyde

Post by j2021 Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:01 pm

I was only able to attend the 2nd half due to work, From what i saw Ciaran Toner played extremely well never gave the ball away once and was the only player who looked like he really wanted it, he was screaming at his team-mates wich is good to see. BUT! the rest of the team im afraid wernt that great, I came into the ground to hear bloomer had been moved to right back and roma had been taken off for the young lad to come on, I think that is a bit odd bloomers never played right back before and after 10 minutes i was right bloomer got skinned and they scored :S seems odd why not just make a straight switch at the back instead of changing the whole back line around, Just my opinion Smile

Anyway my opinion is that Weaver isnt good enough and needs to be sacked, we cant keep him in charge much longer surely! he might actually take us down this season :S
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:34 pm

Well Well Well, Weaver time is finally up! To lose to a below average side like Hyde and how Hyde played was still bad yet we couldnt match them ended up in another 3 crucial points lost. Taking Roma off at halftime was the wrong decision to put Bloomer on the right back role was an absolute joke, Bloomer cant play Blue Square North level, to add to that im sick of Pell belting it like theres no tommorow into the car park or onto Wetherby Road instead of playing it upfield! The Strikers just stood there for 80 minutes untill we got that goal there was abit of an improvement, the team lack intelligence and a high work rate now, Hardy was quiet all game so was Armstrong. Also Foster is not a right midfielder, why Weaver puts him there is beyond me lacks skill factor and pace. Time to go Weaver, if you see a group of lads at Halifax with Weaver Out! on some t-shirts that will be me!
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:39 pm

thought pell did ok tbh, i agree with what you said about foster but hes linking it up quite well down thr right just the crossees from the right back wasnt good enuff, the balls into hardy and armstrong arent good enuff thats why theyre quiet, they eed it into feet so they can link up then make a run in behind Wink
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:56 am

NO other club in England would still have such an incompetent manager still at the club.

The club has been made a laughing stock of the non league scene and there is more than one person to blame.
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:26 am

I honestly can't say the team deserve any more than the boos they got at the end of the game.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So after calling the core support of Harrogate "fickle" in his interview, Weaver has pinned his hopes of regaining our support on next week's FA Cup tie. Does he really have the rights to call the support fickle? We've put up with this man's incapabilities for long enough, and I don't think there's many who would object to Weaver being removed as manager even if we are successful vs Halifax! I dare say he's probably brainstorming excuses for that game too, because anything like we saw yesterday would signal the end of our cup run.

I agree too with sulphurite - people behind the scenes need to have a long hard stare at themselves over this predicament.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:51 pm

Weaver is an absolute disgrace. How dare he call us fickle!! We are the ones that have had to put up with incompetent performances since he has taken over! We are the fans that pay £12 a game! We are the ones that turn up in all weathers to watch the squad play!

Since he has been in charge, he has done absolutly fucking nothing for this club, he is useless, he cant motivate players, he is tactically incompetent, the players dont want to play for him anymore and he needs to be sacked.

It is a total fucking disgrace that he is still in charge, because our so called 'Chairman' doesnt have the guts or the balls to sack him!

I dont know how Weaver has the face to look at himself in the mirror at what he has done to this club. I also dont know how the chairman can look in the mirror, and say that Weaver still deserves to be in charge.

Serious questions need to asked.

sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:18 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Weaver is an absolute disgrace. How dare he call us fickle!! We are the ones that have had to put up with incompetent performances since he has taken over! We are the fans that pay £12 a game! We are the ones that turn up in all weathers to watch the squad play!

Since he has been in charge, he has done absolutly fucking nothing for this club, he is useless, he cant motivate players, he is tactically incompetent, the players dont want to play for him anymore and he needs to be sacked.

It is a total fucking disgrace that he is still in charge, because our so called 'Chairman' doesnt have the guts or the balls to sack him!

I dont know how Weaver has the face to look at himself in the mirror at what he has done to this club. I also dont know how the chairman can look in the mirror, and say that Weaver still deserves to be in charge.

Serious questions need to asked.

Have to agree with a lot of that, but to also say in the programme, that we are nearer than ever to securing a new ground and being unable to give details is only a repeat of every other statement made by the club. New ground, new manager is whats needed.

Evil or Very Mad
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:29 am

Well said Neil (even the language Smile , sometimes its necessary). Weaver SHOULD have gone after BPA last season, it has now become a grotesque farce, he has the unique talent of all bad managers, he makes good players look bad!
    If anyone at the club reads this can you PLEASE tell us WHY yoyu are doing nothing to address this issue: the club has become a laughing stock, we are heading for relegation and yet you do nothing.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:28 pm

Just to be controversial for a second :

No Weaver No Money, No Money No Ground, No Ground No future, No future No present.

or,

No present No future, No future No Ground, No Ground No Money, No Money No Weaver.

You decide

S.

cyclops
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:49 pm

slicker wrote:Just to be controversial for a second :

No Weaver No Money, No Money No Ground, No Ground No future, No future No present.

or,

No present No future, No future No Ground, No Ground No Money, No Money No Weaver.

You decide

S.

cyclops
    How sad that this is possibly the case.

Embarassed
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:48 am

Johnny wrote:

or,

You decide

S.

cyclops

Embarassed

Something must have gone wrong if after all these years with Bill in charge we suddenly (18 months?)need Weavers money to keep Town going, when we have always been told that the club is financialy secure? Shocked
    Doggy

Post by Doggy Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:15 am

sulphurite wrote:
    Johnny wrote:

or,

You decide

S.

cyclops

Embarassed

Something must have gone wrong if after all these years with Bill in charge we suddenly (18 months?)need Weavers money to keep Town going, when we have always been told that the club is financialy secure? Shocked

I honestley agree with everything that has been said. Evil or Very Mad
    IMHO it seems like the squad can't be bothered to play for that W*#%ker anymore. Stevie Wonder could even see the glaring mistakes, W*&#er makes for his so called substitutions. affraid Suspect

W*&%er should just F*&K Off. The time has come after 10 games, it is clear to see we are going nowhere. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:05 am

Slicker gets to the heart of the problem: I guess we all recognise that Weaver is only there because his dad is bankrolling the club (doesn't say much for Weaver's self respect that he is prepared to operate under those conditions), Bill presumably decided to stop putting big money in before Aspin left.
    For what its worth I think I would rather have our club back, even on a very low budget (and after all good managers can work wonders on low budgets), than the continuation of this nightmare situation. I think a guy like Deacey or Sinnott (still not a club I believe) etc. could still produce a decent team on not much money. I mean Guiseley surely can't have a massive budget yet look at what Kitterick is achieving there.
    Would be nice if Weaver senior decided to buy Ilkeston and install Simon there: we can dream.
    By the way do you recall that Bill would often shout out during a game 'Reedy' or 'Aspin' if he wasn't happy with something, never says a word during the games now, tells you a lot I think.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:30 pm