Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

Duncan Williams

TheTown
    TheTown

Duncan Williams Empty Duncan Williams

Post by TheTown Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:51 am

Harrogate Town boss Simon Weaver has moved a step closer to finalising his squad for the forthcoming campaign with the signing of midfielder Duncan Williams.

Williams joins from Evo-Stik First Division North side Garforth Town where he has spent the last four seasons.

Weaver is looking forward to seeing Williams' progression and has certainly been impressed with his fitness levels.

"He's a good player and he's strong," Weaver said.

"He could be like Dave Syers was last season, technically Duncan is as good as they come and he is a fit and strong boy.

"He's one of the fittest boys I've had.

"He was more-or-less full-time at Garforth and he went on trial at Hartlepool and my pal who plays right-back for them said he beat them all in the fitness test."

Seems a very good signing and Weaver has certainley bigged him up. I remember last year when all the players were introduced and everyone in the squad was bigged up as a world beater though! Still squads shaping up really nicely, cautiously optimistic about the season but would take some midtable mediocrity after last year.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Duncan Williams Empty Re: Duncan Williams

Post by sulphurite Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:29 am

TheTown wrote:
    Harrogate Town boss Simon Weaver has moved a step closer to finalising his squad for the forthcoming campaign with the signing of midfielder Duncan Williams.

Williams joins from Evo-Stik First Division North side Garforth Town where he has spent the last four seasons.

Weaver is looking forward to seeing Williams' progression and has certainly been impressed with his fitness levels.

"He's a good player and he's strong," Weaver said.

"He could be like Dave Syers was last season, technically Duncan is as good as they come and he is a fit and strong boy.

"He's one of the fittest boys I've had.

"He was more-or-less full-time at Garforth and he went on trial at Hartlepool and my pal who plays right-back for them said he beat them all in the fitness test."

Seems a very good signing and Weaver has certainley bigged him up. I remember last year when all the players were introduced and everyone in the squad was bigged up as a world beater though! Still squads shaping up really nicely, cautiously optimistic about the season but would take some midtable mediocrity after last year.

Says Duncan Williams was playing more or less full time? Was he not playing for free and donating wages to charity or something?
    All our players could be full time if they followed his example.
    Looks a good signing though.

Any news on Jon Maloney?

I also wonder if Ellington will get a look in this season with the strikers we have now on board?
    He would be an expensive bench warmer too!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:27 pm

I suspect that Armstrong will be the 'automatic' first choice striker and that Savory, Hardy and Ellington will have to fight it out for second spot. Its certainly odd that Ellington has not played much this pre-season, if he is fit I cannot fully understand why. Starting XI against Corby...just for fun:
    Dootson, Roma, Talbot, Pell, Bloomer, Bowey, Foster, Williams, Armstrong, Savory, Philips. Bench: reserve keeper, Nowakowski, Hardy, Ellington, Shepherd

Wonder how close I will be?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:18 pm