Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

2 posters

Cup Games and Sky Television

Crossan

Cup Games and Sky Television Empty Cup Games and Sky Television

Post by Crossan Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:29 am

I have heard that we have to play our cup games against WBA and Notts County on consecutive days ie the 16th and 17th September.  Apparently this is because Sky want to show both games, originally there was a day between these matches which seemed crazy anyhow.  

Surely Gate can't be expected to play two games in two days, Sky appear to run the rule over football anyhow but this I believe is a step too far.  Be interesting to hear what Simon has to say about this???
    Wetherby Mike

Cup Games and Sky Television Empty Re: Cup Games and Sky Television

Post by Wetherby Mike Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:59 pm

I would suggest that our first 'home' league game is more important than either of these matches. Probably best to field our strongest team against Albion with any squad players not involved plus maybe some "promising youngsters" playing against County.
    Crossan

Cup Games and Sky Television Empty Cup Games and Sky Television

Post by Crossan Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:03 am

Well I would agree about the league games we need to get off to the best start possible. We have a league game on the Saturday following the Wednesday and Thursday cup games. be interesting to see how Simon approaches the cup games, he has a slightly bigger squad now with cover in defence which was lacking last season. Looking forward to tomorrows game which will be a test for Gate against a team who came down last season.

Sponsored content

Cup Games and Sky Television Empty Re: Cup Games and Sky Television

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:45 am