Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

Segregated games

Crossan

Segregated games Empty Segregated games

Post by Crossan Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:34 am

The York City game and now I see the Halifax game on boxing day are to be Segregated.  I can understand the reason for this as both teams are well supported and large numbers will want to attend the games.  However why are away supporters given the Wetherby Road Stand and home supporters the Henderson Stand.
    I like many supporters always use the Wetherby Road stand.  
    It seems to me that away supporters are given preference why should that be? When purchasing my ticket for the York game I asked the reason, the ticket office said it was a senior management decision!!
    It appears that this is purely to do with how many tickets the club can sell with little thought for regular home supporters.
    CCOB

Segregated games Empty Re: Segregated games

Post by CCOB Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:39 am

Totally agree, we must be the only club in the country who gives the stand with the best view in the ground to visiting fans. I'm getting a bit sick of it. The whole purpose of the Henderson Stand when it was built was to house the away fans, this worked well against Chesterfield. It reduces the Town support as I know several fans who don't go when these arrangements are in place.
    Top Cat

Post by Top Cat Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:49 pm

Sure I’ve heard in the past Simon prefers town fans behind the goal when it’s segregated as it has better acoustics and town fans can make themselves heard, instead of having a huge following in the top end making a racket, I bet The chesterfield players thought they were at a home match at our place a few weeks back, I do understand it would be a whole lot easier if away fans were given the top end, another factor might be the Wetherby road stand can hold upto 1000 fans although both York and Halifax have been given a initial 825, if they were given the top end and only 500 tickets with the way we sell tickets to away fans, if away fans couldn’t get a ticket they would just buy one in the home end, as it is I doubt either club will sell out there allocation so there will be no away fans mixing in the home end.
    Crossan

Segregated games Empty Segregated games

Post by Crossan Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:28 pm

Apparently 825 tickets were available to Halifax but only around 450 turn up, something wrong with the planning there and we are behind the goal again!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:28 pm