Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
GARAGE
HTAFC Away Travel
Big Lundy
7 posters

TOWN on TOUR! Bradford Park Avenue (FA Cup)

Big Lundy

TOWN on TOUR! Bradford Park Avenue (FA Cup) Empty TOWN on TOUR! Bradford Park Avenue (FA Cup)

Post by Big Lundy Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:14 pm

TOWN on TOUR!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bradford Park Avenue (Away) FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round Replay Mon 2nd Oct K.O. 7:45pm

AWAY TRAVEL:

Supporters coach leaves the CNG Stadium @ 18:15

Prices:
    All £10

(All under 16’s must be accompanied by a parent/guardian)

Following Town on the road couldn’t be easier. To book your place, please see Jordon Ford in the 1919 at any of our home fixtures, call 07989 969 975 or e-mail [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you for your support

Predictions:

Contacts/Directions:

Horsfall Stadium
    Cemetery Road
    Bradford
    West Yorkshire
    BD6 2NG
    Telephone: 07912271498

By Car
    Leave the M62 at Junction 26 and take the M606 towards Bradford. Just before the end of the M606 take the left hand slip road signposted Ring Road West A6177. At the top of the slip road you will reach a roundabout at which you take the second exit towards Halifax (A6036). You will pass Odsal Stadium on your left and at the next roundabout take the 3rd exit continuing on the A6036 towards Halifax. Horsfall Stadium is signposted from this roundabout. After one mile and immediately before the Childrens Nursery, turn a sharp left into Cemetery Road. The stadium entrance is down on the left. There is a car park at the stadium which is free, otherwise there is street parking available along Cemetery Road.

By Train
    The nearest railway station to the Horsfall Stadium is Low Moor which is located on the Bradford Interchange to Halifax line. An hourly service is in operation each way along the line. Low Moor station is located 1.3 miles away from the Horsfall Stadium and it is a steady uphill walk to the ground, which will take around 30 minutes (but much less going back down after the match!). As you come out of the station turn left and proceed along New Works Road through the Industrial Estate. Continue past the Royal Pub on your left. On reaching the end of New Works Road, turn right and then immediately turn left onto Abb Scott Lane. On reaching a mini roundabout bear left continuing along Abb Scott Lane. Then take the second right into Cemetery Road. The entrance to the Horsfall Stadium is further up on the right, after the park.

Where to eat & drink:

Pubs
    Fast Food Restaurants
    Restaurants

Prices:
    Adult – £8
    Concession – £5
    Under 18's - £2

History

Ground:
    Horsfall Stadium
    Capacity 5,000 of which 1,247 are seated & 2,000 are covered
    Record Attendance 2,100 v Bristol City F.A. Cup 1st Round Proper 09/11/03 L5-2

Last competitive match @ Bradford Park Avenue
    20/08/16 Vanarama National League North
    Bradford Park Avenue 2 TOWN 3 (Pittman, Shiels, Burrell)
    Att 301

Match Highlights:

Terrace Talk:

Town fans

BPA fans

Bradford Park Avenue Forum:

Live match coverage:
    Radio York MW Frequencies
    666 & 1260 across the county

Last edited by Big Lundy on Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    HTAFC Away Travel

TOWN on TOUR! Bradford Park Avenue (FA Cup) Empty Re: TOWN on TOUR! Bradford Park Avenue (FA Cup)

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:08 pm

Away travel is £10 for all.
    GARAGE

TOWN on TOUR! Bradford Park Avenue (FA Cup) Empty Re: TOWN on TOUR! Bradford Park Avenue (FA Cup)

Post by GARAGE Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:51 pm

Weather not good tomorrow with wind and rain forcast so must be some doubt about game being on.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:40 pm

Curzon Ashton will be resting a few 1st team players when they play Droylsden Monday night @ home in the Manchester Premier Cup 1st Round!
    They will be hoping our match goes to extra time!!!!
    affraid
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:26 am

A short trip & a BIG game if you can make this one!!!!!!
    bounce
    The draw for the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round will be live on talkSPORT 2 Radio at 1pm today!
    talkSPORT 2 Radio link below
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:25 pm

REALLY want to win this one! Can't go, so will be at home listening to Barry Parker through the static and following on Twitter. its 12 o clock and I'm a nervous wreck already!
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:59 pm

£7,500 for the winners tonight & a home draw in the next round & a realistic chance of the winners being able to make the 1st Round Proper!
    You could say tonight’s game has got even bigger!!!!!
    Shocked
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:12 pm

2-0. Job done, albiet 48 hours later than would have hoped.  At least they had a go tonight and didn't "park the bus". Four clean sheets in a row now.  One downside is we have to go there again this season.
    Funny how, on their forum, they spouted about the noise they made on Saturday. Where were they tonight?
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:23 pm

On the radio commentary most of the noise was coming from our loyal fans - drowned Barry out at times. Well done to them and great work by our excellent team. Onwards we go.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:06 pm

Thought the game could have gone either way with both teams hitting the woodwork several times. The 1st goal looked like a deflected free-kick and the 2nd goal looked like an own goal. The luck was slightly on our side tonight.
    Lets not make a mess of this big chance we have of getting through to 1st round proper.
    Sorry to see the young Bradford idiots outside the ground looking for trouble- hope nobody got hurt .
    We are still not firing up front and Agnew looks a shadow of his former self. Hope he gets through it soon.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:34 pm

Town’s supporters coach stoned & Town’s supporter’s cars damaged after the game!!!!
    Shocked
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:57 am

ageingbackseater
    Posts 971
    Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:16 am #9
    Sickened on 2 counts tonight.

Firstly, and obviously, the result. Ok, Harrogate were quicker and slicker. As you'd expect. But others have said it all with their comments on the chances and goals. Except that. for their first goal, the free kick should have initially been given to us according to our manager and several players. Don't think they're too enamoured with this particular official anyway. Let's hope we have more luck starting on Saturday.  Even a member of their forum stated they had "slightly more luck".  Others meanwhile thought their fans were noisier....(Pretty sure 1 in particular is a bit mutton jeff, And certainly dislikes Horsfall. Don't know why she? comes.

Secondly, incidents off the field both during and after the game. Of which there are comments on their forum as would be expected. I expect some will be made aware of officially. Just let's say I'm extremely disappointed and disgusted having offered some defence previously.
    Profound apologies on behalf of our supporters to those Harrogate fans concerned. My main reason I felt I had to comment is hoping Harrogate Man can post elsewhere. No further comment from me on an open forum on this. Does the club no good.

Posted on their forum
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:03 am

Didn't go but certainly sounds like we were lucky not to concede at least one goal. I'd like to know what people thought of our two young loan strikers (I think they both played a part). Do they look hopeful for the future? They both look very lightweight to me. It seems crazy to be 'complaining' with one defeat all season and 90 minutes away from Round One of the FA Cup, but the striker situation (or lack of it) does still worry me.

We have a golden chance of reaching Round One this season...lets not 'do a Hastings'!
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:16 am

rangerider wrote:ageingbackseater
    Posts 971
    Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:16 am #9
    Sickened on 2 counts tonight.

Firstly, and obviously, the result. Ok, Harrogate were quicker and slicker. As you'd expect. But others have said it all with their comments on the chances and goals. Except that. for their first goal, the free kick should have initially been given to us according to our manager and several players. Don't think they're too enamoured with this particular official anyway. Let's hope we have more luck starting on Saturday.  Even a member of their forum stated they had "slightly more luck".  Others meanwhile thought their fans were noisier....(Pretty sure 1 in particular is a bit mutton jeff, And certainly dislikes Horsfall. Don't know why she? comes.

Secondly, incidents off the field both during and after the game. Of which there are comments on their forum as would be expected. I expect some will be made aware of officially. Just let's say I'm extremely disappointed and disgusted having offered some defence previously.
    Profound apologies on behalf of our supporters to those Harrogate fans concerned. My main reason I felt I had to comment is hoping Harrogate Man can post elsewhere. No further comment from me on an open forum on this. Does the club no good.

Posted on their forum
    Only 393 in attendance and no TV distractions with a sizeable contingent from us.
    I know of some Town fans who won't go there because of their hooligans, maybe some of their supporters are giving them a miss too. It is not something that has just occurred recently and their club seem to be turning a blind eye to it.
    I repeat....horrible place
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:30 pm

A few photos from the Horsfall Stadium!
    bounce

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 6:58 pm