Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

Darlington 1883 ?

Big Lundy

Darlington 1883 ? Empty Darlington 1883 ?

Post by Big Lundy Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:27 pm

Possibly not got enough seats to compete in this season’s play-offs?
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Although it won’t affect us, a team finishing in 6th position if Darlington finish above them might still make the play-offs!!!!
    Shocked
    Big Lundy

Darlington 1883 ? Empty Re: Darlington 1883 ?

Post by Big Lundy Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:19 pm

No play-offs for Darlington!!!
    Didn’t have enough money during the season to build a 500 seater stand that would have enabled them to compete in this season’s play-offs!!!
    Could pay the players though!!!!!!
    Wink
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:17 am

Don't think they really want promotion this year.
    They have too much money to spend to stay in this league. Think it was a mistake moving to this ground as it's too small if they want football league. They should have moved to their old ground in the town which has rugby playing on it. Maybe they did try but could not locate there. They are a fans owned club so will have limited funds available so maybe we should appreciate whether we like it or not what we have here at Town.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:45 am

Yet another club thinking it can flought the League rules and regulations. Eastwood Town and Kings Lynn have another member to their club.
    Their forum is quite an amusing read. They don't seem to grasp the idea that it is a National League regulation (and has been for nearly ten years) and not an FA one.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:08 pm

GARAGE wrote:Don't think they really want promotion this year.
    They have too much money to spend to stay in this league. Think it was a mistake moving to this ground as it's too small if they want football league. They should have moved to their old ground in the town which has rugby playing on it. Maybe they did try but could not locate there. They are a fans owned club so will have limited funds available so maybe we should appreciate whether we like it or not what we have here at Town.

You could have said that with a bit of validity a year ago i suppose but i am amazed anyone can say that after the club's stunning return to gaffs, blunders and FU's to various fans and people this year!

Has it all passed you by, or do you like the club you support treating many good people like dirt with an unearnt arrogance that is gobsmacking? Seeing long term fans stop coming, fans here long before the Weaver bandwagon rolled in to town and associated b.wagon jumpers on the terraces and behind the scenes had any interest in the club.

Is also funny that Darlo, without any money as you say, can put out a far better team than ours on a fraction of the budget. Says it all about Town.

Have we all not, begrudgingly woken up to the fact, surely by now, that we are not a proper football club in its current set up?

So to compare us positively to Darlo given what they have achieved in recent years is pretty remarkable. A club striving out on its own and upwards, fan owned and not adding debt to a mountain of debt every year. Doubt they get insulted by their club either. But hay Simon will sign some more players in the summer and the more naive to the situation will get giddy at his purchases and we can witness his predictable/re-occurring failures as a manager again next season. Year 8 cannae wait. Or is it 9? Who knows; who cares anymore.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:17 pm

Townfan wrote:Yet another club thinking it can flought the League rules and regulations.  Eastwood Town and Kings Lynn have another member to their club.
    Their forum is quite an amusing read. They don't seem to grasp the idea that it is a National League regulation (and has been for nearly ten years) and not an FA one.

Well apart from Ferriby going up last year eh? Or Guiseley the year before.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:09 pm

Carefree wrote:
    Townfan wrote:Yet another club thinking it can flought the League rules and regulations.  Eastwood Town and Kings Lynn have another member to their club.

Incorrect. Both these two had the necessary ground grading for promotion. Guiseley improved their ground to the necessary standard required by 31 March last season to stay in the National League, but Ferriby haven't this season so would have been relegated anyway.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:52 pm

Townfan wrote:
    Carefree wrote:

Incorrect. Both these two had the necessary ground grading for promotion. Guiseley improved their ground to the necessary standard required by 31 March last season to stay in the National League, but Ferriby haven't this season so would have been relegated anyway.

Incorrect. On both fronts. Rules changed last May. And promoted sides with far worse grounds have been allowed up and until March of the following season to sort.
    Have you even been to Ferriby? LOL. Still glad you take enjoyment from other side's plight. Especially as what sits on your own doorstep glaring you in the face.

FYI.........http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/statement-by-the-board-of-directors-of-darlington-fc-relating-to-the-national-league-north-play-offs/

Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:53 pm

Laughing
    Both Guiseley & North Ferriby had enough seats to take part in the play offs!
    Darlington 1883 have not!
    They decided to put the money towards a bigger playing budget instead increasing their chances of promotion & then appealing their situation with the league!
    In other words CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WE are DARLO we should have different rules!
    I really hate B#*^Y cheats!
    Twisted Evil

Post by Guest Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:08 pm

Big Lundy wrote:Laughing
    They decided to put the money towards a bigger playing budget instead increasing their chances of promotion & then appealing their situation with the league!
    Twisted Evil

But yet didn't have enough (in Ferribys case) or good enough grounds with both to play in the National. Nonsense rule given the size of crowds they have accommodated at Darlo this season.
    Cheating? Brilliant.
    Surely accumulating massive losses each season in pursuit of Simon's glory could be considered somewhat more of an issue for competing clubs. Ones again run on fraction of the budget, like Darlo, and doing a far better job on the pitch. So a somewhat questionable protestation there Big Lundy given our situation relative to others. Financial Fair play and Probity surely more important to the long term existence of clubs than League fools getting all giddy about seat numbers for a ground, a cack one at that but one that has nonetheless accommodated bigger crowds than most other clubs in the 6th tier. Been to far worse grounds at this level and above than Darlo's rugby ground.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:05 pm

I wouldn't bother wasting your time Big Lundy.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:09 pm

Apparently the Board at Darlington 1883 FC who are “fan owned” have known for months that the ground was not good enough to compete in this season’s play-offs!
    Shocked

Ouch!
    Pete Nelson Uncanny! Deadline for Early Bird Season Tickets is upon us and almost everyone who wanted one has bought them ! Wonder why this wasn't announced earlier especially as the board have known about this for months ....coincidence ? ......

pale
    Dolf87

Post by Dolf87 Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:11 am

Carefree wrote:
    Big Lundy wrote:Laughing
    Twisted Evil

But yet didn't have enough (in Ferribys case) or good enough grounds with both to play in the National. Nonsense rule given the size of crowds they have accommodated at Darlo this season.
    Cheating? Brilliant.
    Surely accumulating massive losses each season in pursuit of Simon's glory could be considered somewhat more of an issue for competing clubs. Ones again run on fraction of the budget, like Darlo, and doing a far better job on the pitch. So a somewhat questionable protestation there Big Lundy given our situation relative to others. Financial Fair play and Probity surely more important to the long term existence of clubs than League fools getting all giddy about seat numbers for a ground, a cack one at that but one that has nonetheless accommodated bigger crowds than most other clubs in the 6th tier. Been to far worse grounds at this level and above than Darlo's rugby ground.

Do you know we are accumulating huge losses each season and Darlo are on a fraction of the budget, or is it a presumption? I've never seen budgets published. What is our wage budget per week vs Darlo's?
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:21 pm

I was at our AGM before Xmas and can assure you, without boring you with figures, our debt is not a problem. That is a fact, now stop boring people with assumptions.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:30 pm

Carefree wrote:
    Townfan wrote:
    Carefree wrote:

Incorrect. On both fronts. Rules changed last May. And promoted sides with far worse grounds have been allowed up and until March of the following season to sort.
    Have you even been to Ferriby? LOL. Still glad you take enjoyment from other side's plight. Especially as what sits on your own doorstep glaring you in the face.

FYI.........http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/statement-by-the-board-of-directors-of-darlington-fc-relating-to-the-national-league-north-play-offs/

You are still wrong. Yes their was a change in May last year (after Ferriby had been promoted) but this was a change from temporary seats to permanent.
    Yes I have been to Church Lane, probably many more times than you have. "LOL"
    I think of the supporters and take no pleasure in their frustrations - another assumption.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:29 am

So there was a rule change last year, not the 10 year + history of obvious ruling set in stone you talked about, ah cheers Townfan. You seem to be missing a bit of fact around this topic again tho, that last year Church Lane was not up to Class B standard to even be in the playoffs but we'll let that one pass. Something you would clearly see with your numerous visits there.

Isn't an assumption on your, at times, questionable view of other clubs - seen a bit of you taking a strange pleasure in other clubs being in difficulties - Railway, Guiseley to name a couple. Lovely.

Oh so you do know what is happening to all the debt from each season then? Nice, thanks for answering the question posed on another thread. As i said on there, I was genuinely after some reassurance as to what was happening to our club with these sizeable losses. You know so I wouldn't and don't need to make and "bore people" with "assumptions". A question no one seems to know the answer to......apart from you.

BUT you don't want to bore me with the details, given as you say "our debt is not a problem"? Try me Townfan. Please do share.

Cos I would love to know how a club of our size, at our level is not impacted by the levels of debt amounting each year according to the previous Companies House (clue for you their Dolf) entries, especially when our manager gets tired of failing to justify his significant playing budget each year and goes. So please do bore me. I will await your response with genuine hope that these level of losses do not have any significance when the club changes owners; not an insignificant question given the admission that the club's owner, on which Town sit as an loss accruing asset to his successful company, is only here for as long as the manager's tenure.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:18 am

Carefree wrote:So there was a rule change last year, not the 10 year + history of obvious ruling set in stone you talked about, ah cheers Townfan. You seem to be missing a bit of fact around this topic again tho, that last year Church Lane was not up to Class B standard to even be in the playoffs but we'll let that one pass. Something you would clearly see with your numerous
    Still don't get it do you.
    Ferriby's ground was up to the standard required to play in the play offs and get promotion because these games were played BEFORE this amendment came in.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:21 am

Carefree wrote:
    Isn't an assumption on your, at times, questionable view of other clubs - seen a bit of you taking a strange pleasure in other clubs being in difficulties - Railway, Guiseley to name a couple. Lovely.
    I go to watch Railway and Guiseley as often as I can. Why would I spend my hard earned going to these places if I take pleasure in their difficulties. Absurd.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:27 am

Carefree wrote:
    Oh so you do know what is happening to all the debt from each season then? Nice, thanks for answering the question posed on another thread. As i said on there, I was genuinely after some reassurance as to what was happening to our club with these sizeable losses. You know so I wouldn't and don't need to make and "bore people" with "assumptions". A question no one seems to know the answer to......apart from you.
    BUT you don't want to bore me with the details, given as you say "our debt is not a problem"? Try me Townfan. Please do share.
    Cos I would love to know how a club of our size, at our level is not impacted by the levels of debt amounting each year according to the previous Companies House (clue for you their Dolf) entries, especially when our manager gets tired of failing to justify his significant playing budget each year and goes. So please do bore me. I will await your response with genuine hope that these level of losses do not have any significance when the club changes owners; not an insignificant question given the admission that the club's owner, on which Town sit as an loss accruing asset to his successful company, is only here for as long as the manager's tenure.
    I am not the only person who is in the know because I am not the only shareholder. Like these people I am not going to inform some "Dolf" regarding the running of the club. Get yourself some shares and go to the AGM and see for yourself.
    Ending it there, got better things to do now.

Post by Guest Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:07 pm

Townfan wrote:
    Carefree wrote:
    I am not the only person who is in the know because I am not the only shareholder.  Like these people I am not going to inform some "Dolf" regarding the running of the club. Get yourself some shares and go to the AGM and see for yourself.

Brilliant response. I am fine thanks - you have shown yourself to have nowt of an idea like the rest of us.
    Anyway, you trot on and go read up on ground gradings and what a balance sheet looks like.
    Dolf87

Post by Dolf87 Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:28 am

Townfan wrote:
    Carefree wrote:
    I am not the only person who is in the know because I am not the only shareholder.  Like these people I am not going to inform some "Dolf" regarding the running of the club. Get yourself some shares and go to the AGM and see for yourself.

I can freely buy shares in the club? I've only asked the basic questions that any fan of any club would wan't to know. Doesn't make much sense to why at this level, clubs are so reluctant in revealing their funding?
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:21 am

Secrecy about funding!!
    scratch

Harrogate & District Railway Athletic Club are an unlimited company
    Where only the members of the club get to see the accounts!
    Shocked
    Whereas Harrogate Town FC are a limited company
    Which means anyone can get to see the accounts!

Mind the gap Harrogate Railway!!!!!
    pale

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:46 pm