Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+6
paulstreet
KatSwinn
Top Cat
duklapragueawaykit
trevdee
GARAGE
10 posters

BPA- big up the lads

Surplus

BPA- big up the lads Empty BPA- big up the lads

Post by Surplus Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:22 pm

Big big result today. Lads put a right shift in and credit to them. Ref was shocking but 3 pts. Thought Burrell and Kerry ran their socks off today and Crook got us those 3 pts. C'mon on!
    GARAGE

BPA- big up the lads Empty Re: BPA- big up the lads

Post by GARAGE Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:08 pm

What a performance!!!! by that incompetent referee. Pittman deserved to be sent off but Ainge really was unlucky to come across a disgrace of a referee.
    How the referee did not send off the Bradford man for that tackle and looked like he stamped on our player also is beyond belief. Congratulations must go to the 9 men for a terrific performance.
    Overall I don't think we played well but it might have been different if we had played with 11 men for 90 mins.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SW interview
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:34 pm

Totally agree with all the posts.Each man ran there socks off..Brilliant!!
    The ref was a ...well... words can't describe his in competence...Cant argue with JP' red but Tullys challenge on Thanoj was every bit as bad...and only a yellow?..Shocking

9 v 12..Well played.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:47 pm

Could quite possibly derail BPA's battle to get out of relegation zone! Really pleased for our lot. Burrell must be an inch shorter the distance he ran today and you could see what it meant to SW at the end! Hope this new lads the real deal as he might be up there with Chib for FC game!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:25 pm

Yes, fantastic battling victory. And OK looks like I was wrong about Simon losing the dressing room! Couldn't believe how well the lads fought for that win. Mind you, those full time contracts up for grabs probably helps.
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:02 pm

Everyone put a shift in. Can't think that anyone had an off game and Platt and Shiels will have headaches for a week the amount of crosses they cleared.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:56 pm

Couldn't make it today due to my lads birthday however it really sounds like I missed a treat....They must be fighting for their contracts!!

Just reading on the FB page about the racist chants and trouble with some of the younger fans. Just why do we have Saxon involved with the club? They are bloody useless and didn't deal with the racist chants been sang by some of the BPA fans and then to cap it off they didn't deal with a group of young lads starting on a group of our regular fans, even stealing the drum.

Personally, I think this Saxon lot need to be removed from the club asap before there are some really serious incidents and secondly, I really do hope BPA go down, what a horrible club - well done for digging in and getting the 3 points!!
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:17 pm

Presume there is some sort of contract for this security malarkey. Wonder what other companies are out there and what their reputations are like.
    duklapragueawaykit
    duklapragueawaykit

Post by duklapragueawaykit Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:42 am

On the subject of "Saxon Security", or The "SS" they do seem like a set of school ground bullies, picking on teenage kids, and when a real mix come in hide behind the stand shitting themselves...
    Maybe we should offer them full time contracts for next season to up there game and put in a shift. I personally would pay an increase on match day, to see Biff Byford and crew protect us,Tum-Ti-Tum....
    Just sayin like.... Razz

Top Cat

Post by Top Cat Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:30 am

Great performance yesterday, shame it took 2 red cards to galvanise the team, but to a man I can't fault there desire, workrate,commitment,togetherness, never liked BPA as a club and yesterday cemented that opinion for me, there fans made more noise in the 1919 than they actually did in the stands even during the MOTM award, if I was a BPA fan I wouldn't have even bothered going for a beer after there performance they were shocking truely awful one BPA did say to me that we could of had a couple more sent off and they still wouldn't of scored SmileSmile
    The ref was absolutely atrocious the worst I've seen at any level of football, seemed to have it in his head that folk had paid good money to come watch him! Ainges 1st yellow there keeper was brought down by his own defender! JPP did jump in from a way off and I can see why he got his red prob not helped by there centre halfs trying to get him sent off before that tackle, but for him to only book Toulsen boiled my blood it was the sort of tackle that can finish a players career and then to stamp on him as he got up to boot!
    Another 3 points for us and 0 for BPA who I really hope go down.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:22 am

I thought the days of racial chanting had long gone until I heard that bile from their fans yesterday. I would also support any northern clubs in this league (there are too many long trips South) but really hope this horrible club go down.
    Also had a laugh, going on their forum, reading some troll complaining about our pitch. Has he ever been to their Horses**t ground where they grow cabbages.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:38 am

Great match for the effort and determination. Crook was a different class second half. Good to see him getting his form back in such style. Colbeck and Warren Zidane ran there socks off. Nice to see some quality crosses from Joe and a few great corners from Lees before the silly first red. Pittman seems a bit out of sorts atm. Second half was an example of true grit against a fool of a ref like. Would hope the offer of full time contracts and the upsweep in effort and spirit is just a coincidence. The security were a joke yet again. Not one drop of help with what they are meant to do but all over normal fans trying being law abiding and doing what they have done in the ground for years. Saw one get into an argument patronisingly tell a lad it's not a rugby match...no ****. Idiots who lie about why they are enforcing an endless stream of can't do that can't do this....and when actual issues do arise they are no where. Hiding behind a gate like the little bitches they are when kids are getting assualted. Pathetic. Don't expect plant pot to do ought. They are like that cos a his idiocy.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:55 pm

I would suggest that whoever witnessed either any racist remarks or assaults that you report it to the club. I was only going by hearsay on the fb page so can't report anything but the club do need to know and especially at how poor the security is. Maybe if the list keeps growing they may do something.

Haha Townfan, it is my dream to watch Harrogate Town, week in, week out, play on that potato farm. I think also that we should replicate that little 20 seater cage they have and put it at the 1919 end.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:23 pm

trevdee wrote:I would suggest that whoever witnessed either any racist remarks or assaults that you report it to the club. I was only going by hearsay on the fb page so can't report anything but the club do need to know and especially at how poor the security is. Maybe if the list keeps growing they may do something.

Haha Townfan, it is my dream to watch Harrogate Town, week in, week out, play on that potato farm. I think also that we should replicate that little 20 seater cage they have and put it at the 1919 end.
    Lol Very Happy
    Surplus

Post by Surplus Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:55 pm

The infamous chant 'I've got a shed and it's bigger than that.....' springs to mind. BPA fans are always going to be sore losing to 9 men!
    HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:01 am

On the whole, I don't have a problem with BPA or their fans. They, like many clubs, appear to have attracted an element of teenage fans who seem intent on causing trouble at away games.

It began with them taking our drum which had been put in the corner of the SM stand ready for the game. Fortunately, one of their senior fans was aware of this and assisted in getting it back for us.

On about 35 minutes a group of them came and stood near the tea bar and were trying to antagonise a group of our younger fans. No one from Saxon was around at this point. When Pitman was sent off, the same group thought it was ok to racially abuse him as he left the pitch. Again no security to be seen.

When I left the 1919 after half time, the same group were handing around outside the bar, again trying to antagonise our fans.

At the end of the game, the same group had made their way to the top gate where again, Saxon were not to be seen. When one of them did turn up, their response was, 'it's outside the ground, so it's not our problem'.

I did speak with the SS manager on duty to raise my concerns. I have been advised that I need to raise this with the club as they are in charge and make the decisions regarding security.

I've since spoken with Ged, and will be e-mailing him and Gary during the week.

Jordan  

KatSwinn

Post by KatSwinn Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:14 am

Thanks Jordan. The matter clearly needs raising with the club. We have always had problems with SS.
    From what I've read, they don't deal with the issues that need dealing with and/or are not where they should be to stop those issues arising in the first place.

Its common sense that racist abuse should be stopped and those fans responsible thrown out regardless of any instructions the club may or may not have given.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:45 am

Saxon were too busy inside the bar and terraces trying to antagonise the regular, law abiding fans. Feckless bunch of make it up as you go along twonks. Amount of folk you talk to at games who have come up against Saxon. Plant apparently known about this for a long time, done nowt.
    When will he and certain people want to treat its fans like other clubs would? Gotta love being videod and seeing women have their bag searched. Notice that the strictly no looking out of a bar window law has come in, not applied to across at the posh seats mind.
    Apart from one incident out of how many matches we all know 99.9% of people who go in club house have no reason to allegedly taunt opposing fans with a drink.
    Plants approach via his security patsies from Wetherby – impose a ban on all fans, even standing near a window. So see how the twatery of thought impacts on them lot across the way. Shut their blinds too and stop people looking out a windows like. Cos they just like us aint done nowt wrong.
    Takes the piss, especially when we play teams without segregation. What was that we used to sing….knee jerk reaction. In everything that lad does.
    As for the latest e-cig thing too…..they are banned by some of Saxon, not all but some, cos they can’t tell difference in smoke – well go and see where smoke is and ask FFS! Again impacts on many people their failure to operate in a supporter first mindset. Does someone need to remind them we are non league as well? Good to see Tad in the 1919. Great bloke.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:48 am

Incredibly depressing to hear racist chanting, never thought I'd have to hear that again. I was sat near the half way line and heard, very clearly, three or four chants directed at JP from the BPA fans (or some of them) at the Kop end. No security involved as far as I can see. The police should have been notified as this is (as I understand it) a criminal offence. I expected something on the club website this morning, but nothing so far. Pleased that Jordan will write, I may do so myself. The initials of our security outfit are unfortunate to say the least!
    KatSwinn

Post by KatSwinn Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:58 pm

paulstreet wrote:Incredibly depressing to hear racist chanting, never thought I'd have to hear that again. I was sat near the half way line and heard, very clearly, three or four chants directed at JP from the BPA fans (or some of them) at the Kop end. No security involved as far as I can see. The police should have been notified as this is (as I understand it) a criminal offence. I expected something on the club website this morning, but nothing so far. Pleased that Jordan will write, I may do so myself. The initials of our security outfit are unfortunate to say the least!

It is a criminal offence and fans may be prosecuted and/or subject to further punishment.
    The most recent example is the Chelsea fans who racially abused that guy on the Paris
    tube and stopped him getting on.

Once it's made official and/or a complaint is made then something should go on the
    website.

I would advise anyone who heard the chanting to contact the club as the more people
    who do it the better.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:35 pm

Thanks Kat.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:59 pm

Interested to note that Swain and Jerome were playing up front tonight.
    boselecta

Post by boselecta Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:47 am

Townfan wrote:Interested to note that Swain and Jerome were playing up front tonight.
    Wasn't Swain was a striker at Bradford.
    HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:21 am

Yes Boselecta. When we initially signed him it was as a striker.

U21's won 4-1 and Swain scored two. One was a 1on1 with their keeper and the other a free kick.

Thought Jerome did OK. Has a lot of pace and got in to some good areas.

Was played at Shelley FC. What a lovely ground. Has anyone on here been?

Jordan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:08 pm